COVID-19 Starbucks lobby closed.

The Starbucks lobby at my store is closed right now due to the coronavirus. Starbucks is still open to get coffee but people can't sit in the lobby.

I believe the Starbucks at my store is actually fully closed now. They used to just have the lobby closed but you could still get coffee to take out with you.

Your Starbucks should be closed as of Monday - if it is still open for service and consumption I would honestly try to get in touch with the appropriate person to get it shut down. It is closed as a public health and safety measure and your store needs to follow this guideline. Get in touch with the integrity hotline if you need to, this is a companywide communication and is not an option

All of my baristas are in grocery rn. It’s been good to get them all cross trained, but I’m not so sure most of mine will want to go back.

Does anyone have the statistics of the percentage of walk in customers at the average Target who buys something at Starbucks while they're shopping? Personally I have never spent a penny at any Starbucks. I think their coffee is awful. Thank you.

Does anyone have the statistics of the percentage of walk in customers at the average Target who buys something at Starbucks while they're shopping? Personally I have never spent a penny at any Starbucks. I think their coffee is awful. Thank you.
It’s a driving factor for sure in my area because there’s no standalone Starbucks :)

It's very regional. What isn't is that people who buy Starbucks come in more often and spend more on each trip. So even if your Starbucks runs at a loss, it is earning money for other departments.

While we had plenty of the yoga moms who couldn't shop without their grande skinny vanilla lattes, we had many, many more who simply came by for their morning drink on their way to work.
I spent the whole weekend warning my regulars that we were closing but we'd let them know as soon as we were up & running again.
Starbucks closed Monday. I think having not enough milk for the long term, did it.
Not so much as milk supply as the exposure & baristas in close proximity.

Starbucks accounts for somewhere around 8% of transactions on average at each store, so about 1 in every 12 or 13 transactions. Some of those people come in and just get Starbucks and leave, but most get a drink at the start or end of their trip.

Starbucks accounts for somewhere around 8% of transactions on average at each store, so about 1 in every 12 or 13 transactions. Some of those people come in and just get Starbucks and leave, but most get a drink at the start or end of their trip.
Starbucks addicts definitely have a very high propensity to say to themselves, "Hey, while I'm here, let's just go look around the store...." How many people who buy a Starbucks drink and then walk around the store actually leave Target without buying some things??

Anchorage has independent coffee carts practically on every corner and the mayor actually apologized for shutting them down because Alaskans are seriously addicted to caffeine.
When my daughters came to visit me in NJ they were always frustrated by how little decent coffee there was and that they had to make do with Starbucks, which is fine in a pinch but not something you want to make a habit out of.

Back