Archived Starbucks Mobile Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering: Do any of the Target locations offer the new Mobile Ordering? If not, do you think they will in the near future?

Just wondering: Do any of the Target locations offer the new Mobile Ordering? If not, do you think they will in the near future?
Currently? No.
Future? I hope the hell not.
Many drinks are prepared to be consumed at once.
Can't imagine how appealing an iced caramel macchiato is when the ice is mostly melted & the drink watered down or a coffee that's sat for too long & become tepid.
I can see a LOT of drink do-overs & pissed off baristas.

2700.jpg

It's inevitable!

I've never used it but my understanding is you wouldn't use it if you're far from the location and you would use it if you're going during an sbux rush hour. Maybe your sbux is crazy busy at 8:45 because there's a ton of offices nearby that are on a 9-5 schedule. So you place your order at 8:40 and skip the line and walk to your office from there without being late.

I can't see the use case in my store because we're in the middle of the burbs, but this is probably useful for the Starbucks that are in downtown areas.

It's really no different than calling your lunch place and placing an order for pickup.. And still a step above having it delivered as far as laziness measures.

I do that at Chipotle. No matter what time of day I go to the one by my house, the line is always ridiculous. So, I only order online. I go straight to the register, tell them my name, get my order and I'm out the door. Meanwhile, the folks in line are looking in bewilderment. LOL I love online ordering!

God I already have people fighting with us because they go to the end of the handoff plane asking for a drink, we get confused thinking someone took their drink or we forgot to make it, then they tell us they ordered it online, we tell them our store isn't participating nor listed on there since we're inside a Target and then they get POed when they realize they messed up but STILL have the nerve to be mad at us because they failed to read the proper address. It's annoying, I hope we never get it.

It was super convenient at my other job... I'd order it while leaving the house and its ready when I get there! It's not necessary at Target but would be cool if I don't have enough time...

@Coqui: Yeh, had some little office temp call during morning rush wanting to order NINE DRINKS so she could impress the office.
Told her "Ain't gonna happen, cap'n. I've got a line of guests in real time WAITING THEIR TURN."

@Coqui: Yeh, had some little office temp call during morning rush wanting to order NINE DRINKS so she could impress the office.
Told her "Ain't gonna happen, cap'n. I've got a line of guests in real time WAITING THEIR TURN."
What's even funnier is when we have the pharmacy team calling us trying to give us a huge order over the phone when we are dealing with a line ourselves. Yeah, no, ain't gonna happen.

The craziest part is that you guys apparently have a phone at Starbucks... And I'm guessing you also have walkies that you can hear. The couple times I had calls come in for them I walked over there (guest left without something, guest looking for lmtd edition tumbler).

In my limited experience, real Starbucks stores are way better staffed than the ones in target. I still wouldn't be surprised to see a line, of course. I just think they'd be better equipped to handle mobile orders.

My store is staffed because we actually get the hours we need because of our volume but yeah, generally Target Starbucks aren't always as staffed as they should.

We've never had a walkie at SB.
We have a sometimes-working phone with which we get crazy calls asking us if we still have Pumpkin Spice in MARCH.
We'll use the phone to call the operator to ask the GSTL/GSA to bring us change that we requested hours ago and they'll STILL ignore us (even during lulls) so we start hitting the add'l assist button 'til they come by & throw money at us to stop (we call it 'drive-by coining').

We've never had a walkie at SB.
We have a sometimes-working phone with which we get crazy calls asking us if we still have Pumpkin Spice in MARCH.
We'll use the phone to call the operator to ask the GSTL/GSA to bring us change that we requested hours ago and they'll STILL ignore us (even during lulls) so we start hitting the add'l assist button 'til they come by & throw money at us to stop (we call it 'drive-by coining').

I can ask some of them point blank for my quarters and nickels and not get them until close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back