Archived Stl Blows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what it takes for a stl to be fired at target but We got a new Stl from a lower volume store about 8 months ago in that time we have lost 8 Etls who either asked for a transfer or left Target 3 of which just put in 2 week notices within days of each other. what does it take

My stl cant run a high performance store The quotes we this is the titanic and the store will crash its time to jump shift now. Everyone to different retail jobs GE,HR,AP,2 Etl hardlines ,ETL food, Etl softlines 4 team leads and a senior in 8 months.

That's quite a turnover.
Did anyone attempt to call integrity? Notify district?
If district is aware but not acting, this store will likely implode all the way up the line.

I know of Two Tls personally who had calledthe integrity hotline not much was done from it and I wouldnt know who would notify district. Our Dtl has placed a very tendered Etl-Hr in our location now I feel to keep a closer eye on our Stl but Idk how much longer myself or others can last.

Seen this many times. The thing is the STL will just claim they are driving out people who would not get onboard with the program and replacing them with real go getters. On top of that turn over has shot up across the company because it is the Titanic. It is going to take time. Sadly they will always support the STL in these cases and it will take a couple of years with massive turn over for them to even bother move the STL much less fire them. Unless they steal or commit some kind of sexual harrasment. All you can do is try and outlast them.

He never recongizes his team only tears them down. Bad ideas and wont listen to other etls even in thier own department its always his choice

You and whoever else feels this way need to speak up through the proper channels.

Spot preaches an open door culture and a feedback rich environment. Partner with the right people and give the feedback. You aren't contributing to that STLs development by posting it here.

Best way to get rid of an STL that isn't good--multiple varied hotline calls from different tms. Enough shit hits the fan the HRBP has to start snooping. Or...the more likely scenario of praying they get promoted or moved and are someone else's problem

Best way to get rid of an STL that isn't good--multiple varied hotline calls from different tms. Enough shit hits the fan the HRBP has to start snooping. Or...the more likely scenario of praying they get promoted or moved and are someone else's problem
We have no hrbp in my district. Job was cut due to ae14.

Be careful what you wish for. Your next STL may make you want the old POS one back.

Very true. I've had that happen before (not with an STL but with other positions). It's very humbling, especially cause my store doesn't change leaders often so I've learned to just accept little annoying things people do because it could get so much worse.

If and STLs numbers are great they can get away with a lot. My old STL was a tyrant. The ETLs were all afraid of him, he would get you fired. He would make up what ever he wanted and BOOM you're gone. There is even a lovely saying throughout the store "Thats just #$%^ being #$%^. He even had multiple hotline calls. Talk about a teflon STL

If and STLs numbers are great they can get away with a lot. My old STL was a tyrant. The ETLs were all afraid of him, he would get you fired. He would make up what ever he wanted and BOOM you're gone. There is even a lovely saying throughout the store "Thats just #$%^ being #$%^. He even had multiple hotline calls. Talk about a teflon STL

That's the one time that it's a problem.
If the STL is making the company money than they aren't going to look too close at how it's being done.

Seen this many times. The thing is the STL will just claim they are driving out people who would not get onboard with the program and replacing them with real go getters. On top of that turn over has shot up across the company because it is the Titanic. It is going to take time. Sadly they will always support the STL in these cases and it will take a couple of years with massive turn over for them to even bother move the STL much less fire them. Unless they steal or commit some kind of sexual harrasment. All you can do is try and outlast them.

Don't forget sales crashing, like what happened at my store, us peons were told he "left due to family needs" but we just stopped seeing him for a couple weeks but the rumor was he was about to be canned for sales taking a nose dive. And just about everyone in the store hated him, he gutted hours, ran the place like a ULV like where he came from, but we are a high volume store. Can you say back up and coverage cluster?

A high turn over is bad unless you are have a bad store to begin with, we were a very top rated store that crashed under this STL. So the turn over is not a good thing when you have a winning store, that is a red flag. Then when sales and survey scores take a nose dive its not the store its the leadership.

we've lost.....

ETL-Softlines
2 ETL-Hardlines
2 ETL-Logistics
2 ETL-GE's
1 ETL-HR
1 ETL-AP
5 team leads

in the last 3 years at my store

I'd expect the HR-BP or a district HR visit soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back