Archived stolen walkie

Status
Not open for further replies.
a guest stole a walkie, and its a hilarious. they're cussing and calling fake codee yellows. lid thought it was a real 8ft 360 pound 7 year old. best thing to hit this store in awhile

This situation is why my store had to get all our walkies programmed to new frequencies/codes, the walkies now have EAS stickers on them, and they're under lock and key with all the other equipment. The only walkies without EAS stickers are the AP walkies, because the TPS and ETL-AP take theirs home and the rest are locked in the evidence locker.

Corporate was thrilled when my STL submitted that mySupport.

I cannot fathom why someone would do that, at least regarding fake code yellows. Do they make fake Amber Alerts too?

I've accidentally taken one home a couple of times. Got out to the car and realized it was still clipped to my pocket, didn't want to walk back in. Resisted the urge to hold it up to the radio :p

ours also have eas tags and are locked up. a TM left one down and a guest had some fun. pretty sure they got caught and the walkie recovered.

I've accidentally taken one home a couple of times. Got out to the car and realized it was still clipped to my pocket, didn't want to walk back in. Resisted the urge to hold it up to the radio :p

Done that too. Didn't realize until it fell when I got out of the car. Just brought it back the next day. No biggie.

And reprogramming some radios is a whole lot better than redoing all the locks. How our ETLGE is not fired I will never know.

Someone found a walkie at my store ages ago. He basically said "FUCK!" into it once, and then ETL-AP said something. The guy asked who it was, ETL-AP responded with her name, and the guy basically went "Well, (name), you can suck my dick fuck you fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" essentially. It was intermingled with ETL-AP shouting into the walkie for everybody to turns theirs off.

With those cheap plastic walkies, the battery life will die quick...problem resolves itself within a day or so.

Me too. Except I usually don't realize it until I'm driving out of the lot and hear "Team, can I have a quick backup to the front."

Once had a disgruntled employee take one home as a parting gift. He'd come back every few days sit in the parking lot and curse people out.

This would make my dreams come true. I wouldn't want to curse at people...just goof around and maybe sing songs. And maybe imitate that insufferable gstl and make fun of him...blech.

Me too. Except I usually don't realize it until I'm driving out of the lot and hear "Team, can I have a quick backup to the front."
*tires screech, car busts in through the empty cartwell doors*
TEAM I CAN HELP WITH BACKUP
*drives around checklanes honking, guests run*
With the lines gone the GSA writes a VIBE card, most effective single person backup ever, cart attendant holds the door as I drive out

my winter coat still has an EAS sticker sown in someplace and I am always setting off the detector when I come and go from work. I hate always being questioned by AP. but they are doing their job so I really can not complain!

When I worked at the bookstore it was a game to try and slip EAS tags into coworkers pockets, jackets hoods, purses, etc.
Childishness I know, but we also did things like change all the numbers on the phones to kanji, reverse peoples keyboards and wrap peoples cars in pallet wrap.

This happened to me once. I demanded that everyone switch to second frequency and then continues frequencies until the person is found. How did I find the person? I offered a reward silly! Pizza party and free Starbucks for a week for the department that found the guy who stole the radio.

The backroom emptied, Cashiers Left, Softlines people threw clothes on the ground, Electronics left cases unlocked and it was like the scene from Hunger Games when they all run for the weapons. Paying customers were being ignored, the cashiers left their stations, people were running up and down aisles interrogating customers.

Found in 4 minutes. Seasonal. Backroom corned him.

I don't advise anyone follow that plan. My STL, APBP didn't like it.

This happened to me once. I demanded that everyone switch to second frequency and then continues frequencies until the person is found. How did I find the person? I offered a reward silly! Pizza party and free Starbucks for a week for the department that found the guy who stole the radio.

The backroom emptied, Cashiers Left, Softlines people threw clothes on the ground, Electronics left cases unlocked and it was like the scene from Hunger Games when they all run for the weapons. Paying customers were being ignored, the cashiers left their stations, people were running up and down aisles interrogating customers.

Can't argue with success.

Sounds like it worked pretty quickly. I'll make sure this is implemented as store policy whenever a walkie is stolen, sounds like a lot of fun!

Who doesn't like free pizza and starbucks? :p

at least the guests didn't freak out at us. the last similar incident we had was when a guest tied some really vulgar rap musuc to a display speaker. at that time there happened to be a baptist minister in, so that did not go over well.

that.
is.
HILARIOUSSSSSSS LMAOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back