Store hardware upgrade

Hey all. My store finished remodel in February but we were informed that we are not getting new POS registers bc apparently, ours are already new. They're the square black NCR monitor ones.

Fast forward to today, I get these two boxes that say. 2022 Infra Bundle C2 - Place in Electronics Stock Room for Install Tech
I opened it to condense the boxes because they could be condensed to one. and I saw this long ELO box.

Workbench said its a hardware upgrade? It said like expect install tech to install new flatbed scanners or something. Workbench also said like make 2-3 spaces for pallets but we got 2 boxes

wtf is going on here lol

Attachments

• IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 31
Our store a LONG time ago had 4 elo tablets placed on each side of the connected home island that basically had a pretty version of the target.com page (like with information, and videos, and reviews.) It could be that they are still testing how this affects sales in different markets.

Most of our store's scanner are been broken forever.

However a lot of were on the cleaning stations which are now disappearing.

Speaking of that those stations they also had trash cans.

Where does the trash go now?

However a lot of were on the cleaning stations which are now disappearing.

Speaking of that those stations they also had trash cans.

Where does the trash go now?
The trash goes on the floor or on the shelves. The trash basically goes wherever Karen and her children want it to.

Those touchscreens possibly replace the gift registry iPads at the service desk. The flat bed scanner project already happened I believe, Workbench can be outdated when it comes to these bundle projects.

The project currently active involves replacing/installing new the registry screens, AP cameras, a fire exit monitor, phone upgrade, and mobile laptop removal. Very few stores get all of that, usually two or three based multiple variables.

Those touchscreens possibly replace the gift registry iPads at the service desk. The flat bed scanner project already happened I believe, Workbench can be outdated when it comes to these bundle projects.

The project currently active involves replacing/installing new the registry screens, AP cameras, a fire exit monitor, phone upgrade, and mobile laptop removal. Very few stores get all of that, usually two or three based multiple variables.
We got new tablets for the registries, they look nice, I thought they were sure to be an upgrade. I've since changed my mind, they're hilariously slow.

yup! this is correct!
I've since changed my mind, they're hilariously slow.
it’s just webbased. and target internet is ASS.
service hubs or old price scanners? i’d be shocked if a service hub breaks. those things are so nice.

replacing/installing new the registry screens, AP cameras, a fire exit monitor, phone upgrade, and mobile laptop removal
So, I didn't see all of this.
I think they converted all of the AP cameras from analog to digital which is better, mobile laptop removal. THANK GOD, and the registry screens. Whats a phone upgrade and a fire exit monitor?

So, I didn't see all of this.
I think they converted all of the AP cameras from analog to digital which is better, mobile laptop removal. THANK GOD, and the registry screens. Whats a phone upgrade and a fire exit monitor?

My store got the fire exit monitor. When something is left in a fire aisle, a very loud alarm starts beeping all over the store. Confused the hell out of us the first time it happened. No one knew what the beeping was for.

My store got the fire exit monitor. When something is left in a fire aisle, a very loud alarm starts beeping all over the store. Confused the hell out of us the first time it happened. No one knew what the beeping was for.
Ooh, I like that idea. Our store does a decent job of keeping the doors and main aisle clear, but when I worked for Sears they were terrible. I had to move stuff constantly.

Ooh, I like that idea. Our store does a decent job of keeping the doors and main aisle clear, but when I worked for Sears they were terrible. I had to move stuff constantly.
i've seen so many people talking about how myDay sends alerts. Is this not a default thing?

i've seen so many people talking about how myDay sends alerts. Is this not a default thing?
Both stores I've worked at had push alerts sent through myDay if something was left in a fire aisle... first alert, second alert, etc. Didn't realize this wasn't standard.

Both stores I've worked at had push alerts sent through myDay if something was left in a fire aisle... first alert, second alert, etc. Didn't realize this wasn't standard.
My store is pretty on top of keeping the fire isle clean from anything so i've never seen an alert to begin with.

My store is pretty on top of keeping the fire isle clean from anything so i've never seen an alert to begin with.
Wow, my store has been having the alerts for almost a year now. Maybe my store was a test store? The alerts for the fire asile only go to LOD's at my store and not everyone.

LOD's at my store and not everyone.
maybe that’s why i haven’t got them. But we are super on top of our fire isle. since it’s so big lol.

also. i just emailed my ETL about trying to remove our marketsource TM. it’s more babysitting than anything dude. it’s so fucking annoying with him. he said he would get infinity stones to snap the democrats out of existence to me and another tm. he talks in a russian accent to me and to guests ( mind your i’m part russian ) leave HIS FUCKING KEYS OUT ON THE DESK. SLEEPS! like i would rather him not work here

Hey all. My store finished remodel in February but we were informed that we are not getting new POS registers bc apparently, ours are already new. They're the square black NCR monitor ones.

Fast forward to today, I get these two boxes that say. 2022 Infra Bundle C2 - Place in Electronics Stock Room for Install Tech
I opened it to condense the boxes because they could be condensed to one. and I saw this long ELO box.
Workbench said its a hardware upgrade? It said like expect install tech to install new flatbed scanners or something. Workbench also said like make 2-3 spaces for pallets but we got 2 boxes

wtf is going on here lol
Don’t worry about it . Your etls and store director should have gotten an email when they will come .
  1. AP Camera Lifecycle
  2. Target Mobile Hardware Removal.

Attachments

• 6FAD4C1C-9331-454A-8F55-C60C749A3AC8.jpeg
    6FAD4C1C-9331-454A-8F55-C60C749A3AC8.jpeg
    574.9 KB · Views: 39
We just got the new registers and the very next day after we got some of them (they replaced them over several nights) they were already doing some of the same things the old registers did.
They randomly won’t print receipts or they freeze or turn themselves off.

My store hasn't had a remodel yet (supposed to happen at the end of the year), but we got new registers this week. Don't know if they perform any better, but the black definitely looks nicer than the beige

Don’t worry about it . Your etls and store director should have gotten an email when they will come .
yup! funny enough. ETL told me about that but IG he didn't see the gift registry thing loll.

Speaking of which our registers are soooo old. They're the old tiny NCR screens. Like the old SCOs. funny enough. Unlike most stores. our POS's are the small screen and our SCOs are the elo screens lol.

1. AP Camera Lifecycle
  2. Target Mobile Hardware Removal.
The removal of the Windows workstations :((( We had ours for so long. Now I can't make custom signs because the neutered version of Google Docs that the Chromeboxes have doesn't even let you change the paper size. UGH!!

The removal of the Windows workstations :((( We had ours for so long. Now I can't make custom signs because the neutered version of Google Docs that the Chromeboxes have doesn't even let you change the paper size. UGH!!
oh wait I can acess GDocs on the chromebox?

Back