Archived Store Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store has signs up about a store meeting with 3 options of times to attend. Are these mandatory? 2 are when I am commuting to my full time job. The other happens to be in the evening on one of the few nights I have off. I know it’s paid but it’s still my personal time to get to the store and home. And it’s at an inconvenient time with regards to other things I have going on

They aren’t scheduled (ie there’s no assigned time - just a list posted of the three times)

I’m new so I’m wondering if these are mandatory at other stores

My store only has 1 time posted. However, I'm not interested in coming in for a 1 hour shift, especially when I have a regular shift 5 hours later that day.

My store only has 1 time posted. However, I'm not interested in coming in for a 1 hour shift, especially when I have a regular shift 5 hours later that day.
your 1 hour shift, will get you 3 hours of pay, I believe.

One time I went in to bail my ETL out, and I went in for 2 hours, it ended up being 3 hours of overtime pay (Almost not far from an 8 hour day worth of pay, for 2 hours of backstocking).

Last edited:

One time I went in to bail my ETL out, and I went in for 2 hours, it ended up being 3 hours of overtime pay (Almost not far from an 8 hour day worth of pay, for 2 hours of backstocking).

Can anyone confirm that this is still a thing? I would consider it, but normally don't feel that anything under 4 hours is a good use of my time.

Can anyone confirm that this is still a thing? I would consider it, but normally don't feel that anything under 4 hours is a good use of my time.

I am not sure, but I believe it is a Law, for non Salaried workers. (not sure if State/Federal etc.)

I wouldn't worry about it until you have an idea of what it actually is lol. Try asking someone at your store.

I am not sure, but I believe it is a Law, for non Salaried workers. (not sure if State/Federal etc.)
Must be, even if we are force flexed Home at the dc (sent home due to low volume) it’s required they allow us to work atleast 3 hours just for coming in

Must be, even if we are force flexed Home at the dc (sent home due to low volume) it’s required they allow us to work atleast 3 hours just for coming in

You are thinking of "Minimum pay"

Yep, it is minimum pay. It does vary by state though. Many states do not have laws that require minimum pay (legally known as reporting time pay). States such as California, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon (minors only), and Rhode Island have minimum pay requirements.

My state requires 3 hours of minimum pay. I have seen in HR Zone that some states require 4 hours instead. The exact number depends on your state.

Last edited:
Thanks @HRLady and @HRZone for helping me narrow the terminology. Unfortunately, my state doesn't require pay for work that is not performed. Meaning, I will only be paid for the length of the meeting. So it's not worth juggling around my schedule and coming into work twice to pick up an extra hour of pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back