Archived Store remodels

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is in midst of a remodel right now and should be finished in July/August.

You poor souls. My store got remodeled last year. While there were some definite improvements, most of the changes felt more like sabotage. (tile floors replaced with polished concrete, checklanes designed for hobbits, card readers that no longer have enough cord to bring them down to a level where a guest in a wheelchair or mobility scooter can effectively use them, bags placed in such a way that the small bags are inaccessible when the medium bags are in use, etc)

The remodeled guest services area at my local target looks terrible. Employees only have a few feet space between the desk and the wall, all their space was taken away for more space in the backroom behind them. And perhaps being nitpicky there are single package candy displays built into the front of the guest services counter so Target can get more impulse buy sales which I find tacky.

When our store's remodel was completed well over a year ago, I noticed that the new design of "Returns and Exchanges" (previously "Guest Service" and in the future "Service and Engagement") created an echo-chamber effect in the checkout lanes. When the front end is busy, the echo amplifies the sound level and it becomes very hard to hear a guest amidst the chatter. 🔊 You would think corporate would have included some cheap sound-absorbing material in the redesign.🙄

My previous store is getting a remodel right now. Have heard they are getting a CVS Pharmacy. WOW!!! NOT!!!!

When our store's remodel was completed well over a year ago, I noticed that the new design of "Returns and Exchanges" (previously "Guest Service" and in the future "Service and Engagement") created an echo-chamber effect in the checkout lanes. When the front end is busy, the echo amplifies the sound level and it becomes very hard to hear a guest amidst the chatter. 🔊 You would think corporate would have included some cheap sound-absorbing material in the redesign.🙄

I’ve noticed this too and you also have to factor in the music in stores now. I think the idea was make it seem noisy and busy while getting the guest out quick so they think “wow it’s busy but their fast!” But most front ends are terribly slow and under staffed so it’s just a mess. Another mark missed.

It's official. Signs went up today to say we're hiring for the upcoming remodel.

Our remodel starts in July; at first it was low-scope, then high-scope and back and forth a few times. At least we're not getting three fitting rooms.

Our remodel starts in July; at first it was low-scope, then high-scope and back and forth a few times. At least we're not getting three fitting rooms.
Same here. We are at the beginning of the remodel and the type of remodel we are getting changes daily depending on who you are talking to (Remodel ETL, SD, ETL, contractor).

What is most frustrating is the TOTAL lack of communication given to the store TMs who actually have to work the store (stocking it, assisting guests, etc.). It is great coming in and finding out two of your aisles have been moved to the Men's floor pad but have kept the same aisle numbers. The thing is, the Remodel ETL will walk with the store leadership while TMs are there, all they would have to do is included us for a few minutes to give us a heads up on what is going to be done that overnight or the next day or two. But, what do we TMs have to know for? We are just the ones selling to the guests.

We just finished our remodel, thank god. I got tons of hours but those were some stressful times, especially de-merch

Was told yesterday by someone at my old store that started working on the this remodel big time a week ago and are a week behind. I forgot to ask what they were doing with the floor, as the adhesive used to glue done the tiles has asbestos in it. I noticed several cracked tiles and was told they could not be replaced, due to this.

When our store's remodel was completed well over a year ago, I noticed that the new design of "Returns and Exchanges" (previously "Guest Service" and in the future "Service and Engagement")

Returns & Exchanges sounds cheap and overly generic. I haven't seen it in person, but it reads like something you would find in WalMart. Guest Service sounds friendlier, and far more personal. They either haven't changed the signage where I am, or I haven't noticed, but I don't like the verbiage at all.

When our store's remodel was completed well over a year ago, I noticed that the new design of "Returns and Exchanges" (previously "Guest Service" and in the future "Service and Engagement")
Returns & Exchanges sounds cheap and overly generic. I haven't seen it in person, but it reads like something you would find in WalMart. Guest Service sounds friendlier, and far more personal. They either haven't changed the signage where I am, or I haven't noticed, but I don't like the verbiage at all.
Our signs were changed to "Returns and Exchanges" when we got remodeled last year as well. Not the best choice. I still call it Guest Service

It’s to differentiate for stores that have separate OPU pickup. I don’t like it either

Personally, I like our sign that says “Any other questions? We’re here to help.” That to me feels the most personal and welcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back