Archived Store Requisitioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! So I'm just wondering if there is a limit to how much a store is able to requisition per year, month, quarter, etc. Our store does this thing where you get a fake dollar for every redcard that you get and you can buy a prize with that dollar. The store sometimes does ascending dollars and sometimes the top red card performers end up walking away with an extra $40 a week. Team members have to purchase something within that $40 limit, and no more. To me, it seems like a waste of money. At my store, it seems like it's the same top performer who gets all of these fake dollars and I feel like not only is it a loss of company money, but it's like paying the team member under the table... especially when the team member makes an extra $40.
Is there anyone at my store I can talk about this with?

Its not really a loss since thats what the money is for. Its meant to be used to reward team memebers.

If it's always the same TMs getting rewarded than that's not very productive. Would make more sense to give recognition to an individual and include how well their performance is benefiting and impacting the stores as an overall. Silly games that entice TM competition are elementary and degressive to operation.

Hey! So I'm just wondering if there is a limit to how much a store is able to requisition per year, month, quarter, etc.

There is an annual limit on the 549 (team recognition) account per the store budget. This money is allocated in advance to allow for requisitions.

If 1 or 2 TMs are carrying the store in RCs, they should be rewarded.

And the GSTLs "should" quit badgering everyone else about getting them!

Store reqs and TM food days are purchased through I think one account, and it has a finite dollar amount per year. Unfortunately just because something is damaged does not make it a Requisition target. Even if it is "worth less" we still pay full price for it if we req it.

I think if a store has ceased all "549s" you may want to hotline it or ask your dtl in private just to see if 549 is "up to the store" or is something the district earmarks tward team member rewards specifically and not intended to pad leadership wallets.

My ETL-HL was LOD one night, and he approved $20 in requisitions for each redcard.

One cashier had 8 redcards that shift.

My ETL-HL was LOD one night, and he approved $20 in requisitions for each redcard.

Wow! That was one happy cashier. 20 bucks each is great motivation to get red cards but I can't imagine the STL bring ok with that.

You can bet I'd be whoring RCs at $20 bucks a pop! Heck, I did that for $5!

My store stopped almost all 549's last July. Went from having food 2-5 days each week in the break room, to a monthly BDay treat and 2-4 treats a month, IF metrics were met. Good bye Wellness Wednesday, goodbye Cereal Saturday, goodbye Soda Sunday!

Holy crap! What the heck were they requisitioning?
Everything anything and I can tell you it wasn't for team members. Can't tell you how many times I walked into tl office passed the STL office and saw all of them in their eating pizza or bagels or Mexican. Also their morning coffee was always 549

Everything anything and I can tell you it wasn't for team members. Can't tell you how many times I walked into tl office passed the STL office and saw all of them in their eating pizza or bagels or Mexican. Also their morning coffee was always 549
I was watching my etls eat the other day (aside from every etl in the store being of the floor on break at the save time being dumb) out of the same food purchased at target...the thought crossed my mind that none of them is that generous.

Plus no free coffee for a redcard anymore. Three redcards for a coffee...wtf? I drink iced tea, is the cheapest thing on the menu almost.

So the same account is used for cashier rewards and for the food in the breakroom?

I remember last November we were told no more food in the breakroom for the rest of the year because the account was tapped out, but they were definitely still giving cashiers rewards for opening redcards.

The store budgets money for that account - when it's gone it's gone. This is a controllable cost and STLs are fools if they don't watch the account and let it get bled dry.

The store budgets money for that account - when it's gone it's gone. This is a controllable cost and STLs are fools if they don't watch the account and let it get bled dry.

Does the STL determine the amount, or is amount decided upon by someone higher up the food chain?

Each account has no limit but it does come off of the bottom line.

There are separate accounts for flow team. 715 or 815 I think is flow appreciation. 549 is generic tm appreciation. There's also accounts for supplies and payouts.

Wtf!!! Why??? They are bribing people to do their jobs. Red cards arent required and providing these kickbacks can lead to sketchy acquistion tactics i.e giving guests discounts and mark downs to apply or false applications.

So, I got coached about giving cashiers rewards for getting RedCards yesterday. I was told I give more rewards than another GSA does and that she gets better results than I do. (Not true)
I have not requisitioned ANYTHING since mid April. Even then I only requisitioned when the LOD told me to.
I asked the LOD to pull the requisition report and look at it. She's the ETL-HR. She said she couldn't pull up a requisition report. So I asked our AP and he said to talk to HR. I told her I felt like I was being coached for something I did not do and she said I was overthinking it.
Boy have I been stupid. I've been a member of this forum long enough to know I should document everything. The name of the game at Spot is Trust No One and CYA.

People get sick at my place especially in the winter and they still get sick in the spring so they would put tissues on every register and purell ( okay the generic kind but still) but one day it all stopped. People are still sneezing and coughing all over the place and it would be nice if we had tissues and purell but what can you do they'd rather people be sick and they wonder why there are call offs every so often ( just saying)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back