Archived Store Requisitioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each account has no limit but it does come off of the bottom line.

There are separate accounts for flow team. 715 or 815 I think is flow appreciation. 549 is generic tm appreciation. There's also accounts for supplies and payouts.

NO limits? So a store could have an endless supply of food in the break room, or requisition a never ending supply of gift cards for TMs?

NO limits? So a store could have an endless supply of food in the break room, or requisition a never ending supply of gift cards for TMs?

Yeah but that does count against sales profit, so you could be spending to much and when it comes time to pay for it, - there goes your profitable store for the year.

We stopped getting food after one Christmas someone started stuffing food in the ornaments on the Christmas tree. We had these clear bulbs and someone stuffed them with all kinds of gross food.. So STL said "NO MORE" and we really haven't had food since. That was a couple years ago. I can't blame them, we have some pigs working in our store.

We stopped getting food after one Christmas someone started stuffing food in the ornaments on the Christmas tree. We had these clear bulbs and someone stuffed them with all kinds of gross food.

Wtf o_O

Yeah but that does count against sales profit, so you could be spending to much and when it comes time to pay for it, - there goes your profitable store for the year.

Is there a formula to factor in tge requisitions? Even uf you don't do individual TM recognitions, I really can't see how spending $100-$200/month on break room treats is going to make a store unprofitable?

Dozen boxes of cereal and a few gallons of milk, some 2L bottles of soda and cups, couple bags of candy...that pays dividends in good will and increased production, not turn a store's sales red.

Our ETL-HR uses unclaimed gift cards for stuff like that sometimes. Have any of you ever heard of them doing that?

Is there a formula to factor in tge requisitions? Even uf you don't do individual TM recognitions, I really can't see how spending $100-$200/month on break room treats is going to make a store unprofitable?

Dozen boxes of cereal and a few gallons of milk, some 2L bottles of soda and cups, couple bags of candy...that pays dividends in good will and increased production, not turn a store's sales red.

It's not really that as much as it is a lack of communication around expenditures. Every tl and above has access to store req, so if everyone is doing it without communicating it adds up very quickly

Our ETL-HR uses unclaimed gift cards for stuff like that sometimes. Have any of you ever heard of them doing that?
Yep. We used them for TM recognition until one of the Team Leads was caught using them for her personal recognition. Bye, Felicia! and bye, unclaimed gift cards. I'm guessing the unclaimed gift cards went to ETL recognition at that point.

Yep. We used them for TM recognition until one of the Team Leads was caught using them for her personal recognition. Bye, Felicia! and bye, unclaimed gift cards. I'm guessing the unclaimed gift cards went to ETL recognition at that point.
Ours get put in the tm recognition budget (supposedly). I imagine they go to the etl/stl starbucks purchases instead.

If it's always the same TMs getting rewarded than that's not very productive. Would make more sense to give recognition to an individual and include how well their performance is benefiting and impacting the stores as an overall. Silly games that entice TM competition are elementary and degressive to operation.
No way. Competition is a healthy component of any business. When done correctly it can drive out complacency and encourage TM to better themselves.

We have our store divided into teams for red cards and we are consistently green with red cards.

I don't think have TM compete against eachother in that way is beneficial, if it was divided into teams, or every red
Store reqs and TM food days are purchased through I think one account, and it has a finite dollar amount per year. Unfortunately just because something is damaged does not make it a Requisition target. Even if it is "worth less" we still pay full price for it if we req it.

I think if a store has ceased all "549s" you may want to hotline it or ask your dtl in private just to see if 549 is "up to the store" or is something the district earmarks tward team member rewards specifically and not intended to pad leadership wallets.

Nope. There is the 549 which is to make TM happy and then another for store reqs( office supplies and etc.)

So, at the moment I am confused....is 549 for TM recognition? And have stores been told to stop using that account because too much "money" is being used on that account?

If 549 is for TM recognition, can stores really have used all the budgeted amount by June? My store hasn't been able to requisition since the middle of May...supposedly our DTL said that our district had been "spending" too much money and stores had to stop.

What is going on?

So, at the moment I am confused....is 549 for TM recognition? And have stores been told to stop using that account because too much "money" is being used on that account?

If 549 is for TM recognition, can stores really have used all the budgeted amount by June? My store hasn't been able to requisition since the middle of May...supposedly our DTL said that our district had been "spending" too much money and stores had to stop.

What is going on?

Cost-cutting. They probably budgeted less money to the 549 account this year.

I've got a $5.00 certificate from last November for the drawing of "Vibe" cards....I suppose that I'd better use it before they tell me that it has expired!

STL told me we are absolutely not giving any prizes for RedCards.

The account is probably being bled dry by someone. Quite possibly the ETLs are using it to pay for lunch. I would not be surprised!

When I was GSA we had an ETL-GE who decided it'd be a great idea to give GiftCards to cashiers who got a certain amount of REDcards in a shift. It was something like, for every 3 REDcards you get $5. At one point I believe she dropped it down to $5 for every 2 REDcards. It got pretty bad. I had a cashier who would tap her feet waiting for me to requisition her GiftCard at the end of her shift. Our STL finally flipped his shit when he found out -- apparently our GE had not been consulting him on this and he was shocked when he saw how often the 549 was being used. We had to cut all cashier rewards for about 2-3 months. No requisitions whatsoever unless he approved it.

Also the ETLs were using both the 549 and 601 and the pCard to pay for their lunches.

We have a leader at our store who uses his own money to buy rewards. On Fridays that look rough he buys chocolates for the team. Sometimes he buys Starbucks during really busy times (holidays), etc. I've never heard of him requisitioning anything for rewards, only things for the FR like markers, erasers for the whiteboard, etc.

Edit: That's just one leader. I don't know how the rest of leadership uses the account, but I feel like they've used it for their own food before.

If 1 or 2 TMs are carrying the store in RCs, they should be rewarded.

And the GSTLs "should" quit badgering everyone else about getting them!

No they should not be rewarded for filling the requirements of their job, and if they are the only TM that are getting them, then that shows that others are absolutely not asking and need to be held responsible.

After being in a red store, to a green store, I have absolutely seen how much all these things as up. I'm a ULV who consistently make sales and goals, and at the end of the month Etls are asking if anyone wants some extra hours.
The percentage of red card holders that shop on a daily basis is almost 25+ percent, above goal, showing loyalty drives sales, which drive hours.

I hated them and never asked and only in the last few weeks started to ask, simply because I see the results.

No they should not be rewarded for filling the requirements of their job, and if they are the only TM that are getting them, then that shows that others are absolutely not asking and need to be held responsible.

I disagree, If 1 or 2 folks are carrying the store on RCs, they are excelling at a metric that their peers are not. They deserve to be better compensated than their peers. That's how it is at most businesses, top performers (and the bosses relatives) make more money. Otherwise, there is no incentive to do more than the bare minimum...y'all are getting paid the same as the lazy guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back