Archived Store Visit Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this thread because I think the store visit culture of Target is completely toxic to store operations. A couple thoughts.

A) The red carpet treatment hurts more than it helps. Our new gvp was supposed to visit our store on any one of three dates. We spent so much payroll to zone and get ready for her visit. Oh wait she's not coming anymore? Enjoy the bare grid on Friday and Saturday because we overspent to impress on a visit that didn't even happen.

B) visits are so well announced or sister stores warn each other when a higher up is near so that they always see a dolled up store rather than the one we actually work in day in and day out.

C) many etls and tls use visits to try to promote. So they take credit for stuff they didn't do or lie and say everything's great rather than try to address store problems.

D) the store visit recaps are by far the worst. Rather than a dtl giving a recommendation Stls have to write what their store can do better and send it out to other stores. They always come up with unrealistic expectations. The newest ones from my stores visit today was " our beauty team member needs their breaks covered" by who? The non existent othet person in hardlines who is already covering electronics. Oh we need an expert in "home decor" for our project 62 launch. Wait? You want a home innovation expert for free? And you aren't going to offer any financial incentive. FOH...

My final pet peeve is how they try to make you as a team member feel responsible for visits. Come on guys we want a good report on our visit? Why? I'm not getting a raise. Most dtls don't even acknowledge team members other than a brief hello.

What's funny is when we have visits now some of the folks are genuinely kind to me not because I'm so special but because I don't feel compelled to kiss their @$$. I say hi, and keep working. Yeah hrbp I know you want to shoot the s#t but I have to process payroll.

So stupid they send these emails demanding better guest service when many of them skipped even working in the store. Our pmtbp was never a pmt. Hrbp was never a Etl HR. Like seriously?

Amen to this. It's absolutely out of hand. I was always under the impression that pretending everything is great specifically for a visit doesn't make sense. Why would they give you any help when everything looks perfect when they show up. Meanwhile on a normal day it's hell on Earth.

Lol dtls working weekends... good one
We had our DTL pop in on a Sunday a few weeks ago when we just happened to all be on the lanes.

HRBP came in last weekend and helped ticket clearance. He also saw how woefully unbalanced our closing weekend grids are and got pissed. Literally had 3 in HL (including myself) on Labor Day Weekend Saturday. Yesterday/Today, there's 5.............

Last edited:
We had our DTL pop in on a Sunday a few weeks ago when we just happened to all be on the lanes.

HRBP came in last weekend and helped ticket clearance. He also saw how woefully unbalanced our closing weekend grids are and got pissed. Literally had 3 in HL (including myself) on Memorial Saturday. Yesterday/Today, there's 5.............

Need them to pop in my store when we have NO ONE on the floor on a Saturday of a long weekend. Labor day weekend we had a 4hr stretch of no one in hardlines.. Not a call out, just not scheduled.. They also forgot a Sbux opener... That TL was on LOA for a family emergency.

Need them to pop in my store when we have NO ONE on the floor on a Saturday of a long weekend. Labor day weekend we had a 4hr stretch of no one in hardlines.. Not a call out, just not scheduled.. They also forgot a Sbux opener... That TL was on LOA for a family emergency.
Labor Day was what I meant.
ETL-HR scheduled multiple people that were on LOA, one that had turned in her two weeks and already not shown up for shifts, a 3 hr gap in GSTL/GSA coverage, and shit like that. Come in and immediately have to cover the front, later covering electronics and cafe breaks. We left more reshop than I have in a long time.
ETL-HR, GE, and SF are a girl clique and stack their weekends by taking from the weekdays. On their non-closing weekends, they'll stack their closing nights, and leave the weekends bare. RIP.

Weekends should be stacked. Sacrifice on Tues and Wed. Why we front load the schedule is beyond me!!!!!!

Weekends should be stacked. Sacrifice on Tues and Wed. Why we front load the schedule is beyond me!!!!!!

The joke the GSTLs have in my store is whoever is scheduled to close we fake pray for them. They seem to drastically under schedule the closing team. Why? I really don't know.

Scheduling needs are fairly predictable among all work centers.

Oh, and in addition to our unbalanced scheduling, the etlhr, ge, and sf are all on the same weekend while all the sr. TLs and ETL-LOG are on ours. They had the nerve to complain about the imbalance for when our STL is back, when they'll also have the ETL-AP.

Scheduling needs are fairly predictable among all work centers.

Then I have to assume my store doesn't look at them or doesn't believe in them because our scheduling is shit. Oooorrrr, it could be that people are leaving and they aren't able to hire fast enough. I cry a little when I learn of good people moving on. I'm happy for them but sad that we are losing quality tms. Target offers nothing to keep hard workers from leaving. It's too bad. :/

HRBP came in last weekend and helped ticket clearance. He also saw how woefully unbalanced our closing weekend grids are and got pissed. Literally had 3 in HL (including myself) on Labor Day Weekend Saturday. Yesterday/Today, there's 5.............

Nice. Yeah our hrbp actually shows up to stuff. He went undercover to test our beauty team and realized half of them have no idea what they are talking about.

I've never seen our stl on a weekend. Or after 2pm for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back