Archived Strays / Reshop Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little bit of a rant.
I was pulled aside by several team leaders both in and outside of the front end and told that I am NOT to call out to the GM team that there is a lot reshop, however, I am supposed to call out to individual style team members, to individual tech and beauty team members, but not to grocery/market team members. We had a visit from corporate and I had been calling out the reshop (to note, there were literally 12 3-tiers of reshop, 5 of which were toys, and there were 3-tiers for literally every other GM department, some multiples).
What is my role, as a Service Advocate in getting the reshop out of there? The sheer mass behind Guest Services is preventing me from doing my work (getting OPU's and Drive-Up), and all the team leads are too worried about the trucks to even respond to me up at Guest Services, I feel so lost when it comes to trying to accomplish anything. My store is in shambles, and I really don't know what to do. I started dating carts of reshop so that the leads can see that there are massive amounts that have been sitting for a very long time (one of the carts from tonight 8/3, is dated 7/17, so literally over a month). I feel like this is ridiculous, and I don't know who to contact to get this changed. I am very frustrated.

partner with your leader to get an answer that's specific to your store's business needs

Reactions: DBZ
This is a little bit of a rant.
I was pulled aside by several team leaders both in and outside of the front end and told that I am NOT to call out to the GM team that there is a lot reshop, however, I am supposed to call out to individual style team members, to individual tech and beauty team members, but not to grocery/market team members. We had a visit from corporate and I had been calling out the reshop (to note, there were literally 12 3-tiers of reshop, 5 of which were toys, and there were 3-tiers for literally every other GM department, some multiples).
What is my role, as a Service Advocate in getting the reshop out of there? The sheer mass behind Guest Services is preventing me from doing my work (getting OPU's and Drive-Up), and all the team leads are too worried about the trucks to even respond to me up at Guest Services, I feel so lost when it comes to trying to accomplish anything. My store is in shambles, and I really don't know what to do. I started dating carts of reshop so that the leads can see that there are massive amounts that have been sitting for a very long time (one of the carts from tonight 8/3, is dated 7/17, so literally over a month). I feel like this is ridiculous, and I don't know who to contact to get this changed. I am very frustrated.
😱 I will never complain about reshop at my store again!

First of all, never call anything out over the walk-in during a visit unless it’s a code yellow/green/red or if someone gets a redcard sign up. Otherwise just please don’t. It makes the Leaders look like ineffective Leaders and corporate doesn’t like that. If you need a Guest First upfront partner with whoever is working the area closest to the front to come up and clear out the guests. Requisition then something, I suggest a $5gc which is the equivalent to buying them lunch.

Second, keep a copy of the grid to call out individual TMs for each area. Partner with HR to get a master list of what the shift tags mean. That way the Front End can call the appropriate person to collect their reshop. Keep in mind this will only work if the three tiers are correctly sorted by block. At my store we call out to the TL over the area and let them decide who is going to grab the reshop and work it out. That might be a way to go about it?

ooh that’s a good idea i might start doing that with the 7 carts i walk in to every morning

And we push that shit back out to the floor there ain't fucking room for that shit back here. And we park that shit on the race track so everyone can see it.

Generally speaking, the front end doesn't care if it gets pushed out to the floor. We just need it out of our area. However, carts that do get pushed to the floor have a mysterious way of not getting worked and instead pushed back to guest services overnight, those particular carts tend to also "mysteriously" get resorted (poorly) into repack boxes and tossed onto truck Uboats. 🤷‍♂️

This wouldn't be an issue if GM would come and get their reshop when called. Many don't even get it when their own TLs are telling them they need to do it. It's the same excuses everytime, "I have a Uboat on the floor, I'll get it when I'm done with it." "Going to break, I'll get it on the way back." Fair enough, but then they don't actually do it. Shit piles up. We have nowhere to put it that doesn't create safety hazards. It overflows into OPU bulk hold space, creating massive headaches. So, we have to get it the hell out of our area. The few GM TMs who do routinely check their reshop and grab it before it gets bad never have to deal with the front end dumping it on them at once.

Generally speaking, the front end doesn't care if it gets pushed out to the floor. We just need it out of our area. However, carts that do get pushed to the floor have a mysterious way of not getting worked and instead pushed back to guest services overnight, those particular carts tend to also "mysteriously" get resorted (poorly) into repack boxes and tossed onto truck Uboats. 🤷‍♂️

This wouldn't be an issue if GM would come and get their reshop when called. Many don't even get it when their own TLs are telling them they need to do it. It's the same excuses everytime, "I have a Uboat on the floor, I'll get it when I'm done with it." "Going to break, I'll get it on the way back." Fair enough, but then they don't actually do it. Shit piles up. We have nowhere to put it that doesn't create safety hazards. It overflows into OPU bulk hold space, creating massive headaches. So, we have to get it the hell out of our area. The few GM TMs who do routinely check their reshop and grab it before it gets bad never have to deal with the front end dumping it on them at once.

I work OPU's and know the struggle more than anyone since we also have all that crap and the hanging crap from the fitting room to boot there is a tiny hallway we have to get through to our bulk space and they decided that is the place to put the z-rack for hanging. So we get pull that out x1000 a day to move larger items back there to put them in hold. Along with the shopping carts full of stuff to be hung since Style as they demand to be called can't do that anymore they as they tell us "We sell clothes we don't hang clothes." We constantly trip over reshop tossed into our hold area, ESIM that needs to be taken to the back, I when I do receiving deal with the random ESIM that is not bagged nor tagged correctly from the sales floor. The best one of the week was the ESIM which was multiples of one item they printed one ticket and then wrote on the single ticket "8" and tossed it in the bin. Not the eight tickets they actually needed. What was worse it was salvage that just needed to be tagged and boxed up for salvage on the goodwill pallet.

I work OPU's and know the struggle more than anyone since we also have all that crap and the hanging crap from the fitting room to boot there is a tiny hallway we have to get through to our bulk space and they decided that is the place to put the z-rack for hanging. So we get pull that out x1000 a day to move larger items back there to put them in hold. Along with the shopping carts full of stuff to be hung since Style as they demand to be called can't do that anymore they as they tell us "We sell clothes we don't hang clothes." We constantly trip over reshop tossed into our hold area, ESIM that needs to be taken to the back, I when I do receiving deal with the random ESIM that is not bagged nor tagged correctly from the sales floor. The best one of the week was the ESIM which was multiples of one item they printed one ticket and then wrote on the single ticket "8" and tossed it in the bin. Not the eight tickets they actually needed. What was worse it was salvage that just needed to be tagged and boxed up for salvage on the goodwill pallet.

Interesting. Service desk does not hang clothes at my store. Our style team is also great about doing their reshop. When called to get it, they'll come right away. But, they don't normally need to be called. Their TLs call the front and ask if their bin is full regularly. ESIM and Salvage aren't my responsibility, so I really don't know about that. I know we had some issues with printing the right tickets a few weeks ago, but I believe that got resolved to our receiver's satisfaction.

And I am impressed you have enough 3 tiers to use for reshop. Our 3 tiers are stashed around the backrooms and storage rooms and full of random stuff.

Not impressed that the staff in your store can't get it's shit together re:reshop.

Not that my store is much better though - see 3 tiers full of random shit all over the store in the off stage areas. :(

Last edited:
Most people at my store don't come get their reshop until the ETL gets on the walkie. Then half of them get their reshop. I love it when my ETL does it, because he will hunt them down if they don't

Try a little understanding....as a GM tl at a super trying to run presentation, a, b, c block( including rear seasonal) as well as check lanes and bullseye it gets old hearing the front end team complain about strays while they literally have hours of stand around time....under modernization they are told they can't help with even checklanes reshop while they stand around every morning but they also aren't expected to hold down their fort....stand around for 30 minutes then freak out when 2 guests are in line.....get carts when they are slow? ...never, just cart rallies all day.....at my store comparing gm leadership positions with front end leaders is a joke, the jobs just are not comparable in the scope of what is expected and I have heard this been agreed to by the service n engagement etl and sd.....just be glad you still get to call yourself a tl and hit that backup one more time...we got you. That being said a tl who could actually run the lanes solo without constant help would be loved at my store, just never seen one

Domestics/bedding/decor/plastics are one "block" at our store. Our reshop is in 16 gallon plastic bins. (It's fun to fit the return futon in the bin) I simply cannot pick up reshop every 14 minutes because it is "overflowing" with 3 pillows and a lamp. I have to have pulls completed before noon and freight asap while answering the phone calls and assisting guests put lamps back into the boxes they have opened. Reshop may be your priority but it seriously is not mine. I have a u-boat full of cardboard, styrofoam, backstock and freight that I'm trying to keep in a 12 inch space and out of the path of our guests who are trying to get around the pallets of "necessities" in the middle of the main aisle and the vehicles of 4 other team members. I might be at the top of a ladder in the backroom or at the bailer. Take a breath, ok?
"Front end, we could use some backup to C block reshop. That's C block reshop. Who is responding? Front End? Who is responding?" "Front End? Could we get a response to assist our guests?" "Who's got that reshop?"
I'm dying here because I'm so funny. 🤣

Try a little understanding....as a GM tl at a super trying to run presentation, a, b, c block( including rear seasonal) as well as check lanes and bullseye it gets old hearing the front end team complain about strays while they literally have hours of stand around time....under modernization they are told they can't help with even checklanes reshop while they stand around every morning but they also aren't expected to hold down their fort....stand around for 30 minutes then freak out when 2 guests are in line.....get carts when they are slow? ...never, just cart rallies all day.....at my store comparing gm leadership positions with front end leaders is a joke, the jobs just are not comparable in the scope of what is expected and I have heard this been agreed to by the service n engagement etl and sd.....just be glad you still get to call yourself a tl and hit that backup one more time...we got you. That being said a tl who could actually run the lanes solo without constant help would be loved at my store, just never seen one
So. Where to begin with this... I was a GMTL AND NOW S&E TL. Role change wasn’t due to my performance either. Just in case that would be a side comment. I’m sure all of our stores, executives, store directors and dsd etc. are absolutely not following at least some part of this modernization roll-out. I also see what work centers thrive and struggle because of it too. Your entire rant -true or not is soooo one sided and that way of thinking or how you perceive it to be is absolutely the problem. Have you ever been a backup? Covered a front of store break? Gotten carts all by yourself because your workcenters hours were completely taken and given to logistics process? I have my advocates pushing reshop ;hanging all apparel returns and go backs; pushing pulls, droppings exfs, folding tables along racetrack, ALTHOUGH NO TASKING... no we will also be doing all checklanes and all of bullseye so what exactly is my GM3tl doing ? In what way are you showing support of your fellow teammates, peers and how are we ALL still currently employed And receiving wages? THE GUEST spending their money. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. If servicing the guest and backing up the front to service those guests is not that hard and shouldn’t require help. You are part of the problems. I will also add I have had several times in my own experience lately trying to get support from 96 crickets on the floor and it’s a really sad day to have guests apologizing for buying things they needed because clearly you’re the only person that is committed to keeping any sort of standard and refuse to watch your workcenter sink the titanic! I don’t think it’s hard to be a kind person, do your job the best you can and earn your wage. If we are all only as strong as the weakest players then WE ALL FAIL.

My point is that at my store they do absolutely none of what you are talking about...the way you describe how the front end still helps the rest of the store when times are slow sounds like a dream from the past....my 4 hour a truck day person has to do bullseye, candy, cl freight and reshop with no help...the overflowing 3 tier of checklanes\bullseye\candy reshop takes about an hour of her 4 hr shift everyday...zero hours given to do cl endcap resets or pc.....cashiers aren't even allowed to zone their lanes when we are slow....not allowed to touch sl tables....don't participate in cart rallies.....asants I guess but at my store modernization has made the front end hated as they don't help with anything......I'll try to remember when posting that not all stores are like this but believe me some are......lol to calling for cashier backup to bts for push help i think this every day when I hear them crying up front because they have 2 guests in each line and don't know what to do.....oh and btw switching tl jobs to go to a setl is never a lateral move, our worst gm tl was told either switch to something you can handle or quit. Toodles

its very cool that you acknowledge ASANTS and then proceed to still talk shit about an entire workcenter. gm at my store just hangs out upstairs and does jack shit aside from leaving 13-15 3-tiers of reshop every night at close but you don’t see me acting as if all gm teams are like that

“toodles”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back