Archived Stupid TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

doxiemama

Expert t-shirt folder
I'm feeling pretty low tonight. One of the more beloved TMs in our store was let go. He worked as GSA and apparently was messing with the gift cards and got caught. He had moved up the ladder, amazingly quickly because he was such a charmer. I cannot think of one single person in the entire store who didn't just love this guy. And he was smart, and funny and great with the guests. So why did he have to pull such a stupid stunt? He should have known better. He'll be missed.

We lost two long-time team members (10+ years at our store) due to separate instances of theft in the last week. We cannot fathom or even guess what they were doing.

That happened to one of our ETLs last year you think what are thinking seriously?? You basically threw away a great job for a stupid mistake!

That happened in my store too. We're pretty short handed on the knowlegeable Guest Service TMs. One of the girls we had got let go as well for doing something she shouldn't. I don't know the details of it though. It's a real bummer. Why? Why do people think they're going to get away with this? We need you, dammit!!! XD Now I'm stuck training a bunch of people for Guest Service in the middle of November....giving each ONE training session for 4 hours. It would be a miracle if they learned anything from their "training."

I've never understood team members that steal at Target. It's not worth it. I hate working at Target but I don't do stupid shit like stealing shitty gift cards or anything. It's not worth it. You gain nothing because eventually you're gonna get caught. You will be fired and you will be handed over to the authorities. Don't fucking do it. Think of your families. Do not try to be a hero.

That happened to one of our ETLs last year you think what are thinking seriously?? You basically threw away a great job for a stupid mistake!
Some of us would consider those people lucky for throwing away a crappy job.

We had a service desk TM who was with the company about 15 years. He was hard-working, seemed to love his job and was literally probably the last person in the store you'd suspect of stealing. Well the story goes that he took a guest's $5 GiftCard for one of the promos going on & quietly slipped it in his pocket when she wasn't looking. He was going through a deep depression at the time and he had a momentary lapse in judgement.

Well, they pulled him upstairs and canned him. That story I just told you about this being a one time only, lapse of judgement thing? That's what he tried to claim, but AP turned up lots of stolen GiftCards by reviewing camera footage. Apparently he had been stealing them for a while and was able to evade being caught for a long time, possibly for over a year. It helped that he was well liked and considered a favorite within the store due to his length of service, helpfulness, etc. Sometimes, it's the people you least suspect who are the biggest perps.

ETL = a great job?

Carson+I+did+not+know+that.jpg

People who use those words are uppity asswipes who look down upon people who work in retail, restaurants or other companies in the service industry.

Any honest work is a "real job".
Most likely, I've been in retail longer than you've been alive, so be careful who you call an uppity asswipe.

For the hours worked, for the micromanaging, for the disrespect shown, I'm going with ETL at Target is not a real job. If you don't believe me, ask some of the ETLs who've gone on to procure real jobs.

I understand what you mean @RedMan but I have never liked the phrase "real job." The people who invented and use that phrase ARE the uppity asswipes previously mentioned. It's a stupid, meaningless phrase that belittles people who do certain jobs because society has decided those jobs are less important.

I agree that ETLs are often clueless morons but that's only because Spot prefers clueless morons in the position.

A real job is a job which utilizes and expands your potential. A real job is one in which you are respected and appreciated for your effort. A real job gives opportunities. Depending upon the person, that job may be a street sweeper or CEO of a multibillion $$ corporation or a waitperson or a teacher.

And I'm not sure with whom you are agreeing but I don't think that most ETLs are clueless morons any more than I believe that most TMs are clueless morons. Yes, there are clueless morons in the mix, but certainly not in the majority.

At my store, I have seen this happen a little too often in the past few months, and its seems to be a team member that has been with the spot for a few years (aka a team member who should know better) has been caught stealing. It is disheartening and demoralizing at the same time; that veterans would turn to these means, I just sigh and remember that it was their choice. I don't know if the recent change in spot culture is to blame or they think that they are untouchable because they know the "rules" or that no one would suspect them of this behavior. Of course it happens at every level at the store, from the TM to the ETLs, though they did give way more consideration to the ETL than TM, they didn't have to do the walk of shame.

If you do something wrong, don't think that you are going to get away with it, the spot is just building a case. There is no moral ambiguity about a situation, if you try and scam/steal from the spot, the spot will catch you and you will be fired/jailed.

Temptation gets to people and they try to convince themselves "oh its only 10 bucks out of the till... it wont be missed" or "its just a $5 dollar gift card the guest forgot to take... they wont be back!" people WILL and DO get caught! I never once was tempted to steal from Spot!

So far, Target is the worst retail job I've ever had. Its pay and hours are now on the holiday season but, the treatment, the micromanaging, the hours after the holiday season are a joke. A real job is somewhere where you get respect and have stable hourly weeks. I don't mean a set schedule, I mean you get your 40 hours no matter what. Target offers none of these.

So far, Target is the worst retail job I've ever had. Its pay and hours are now on the holiday season but, the treatment, the micromanaging, the hours after the holiday season are a joke. A real job is somewhere where you get respect and have stable hourly weeks. I don't mean a set schedule, I mean you get your 40 hours no matter what. Target offers none of these.
That is one of the main reasons I left.

Our best GSTL got fired a couple years ago. The whole thing was bullshit in my opinion, but she never should've put herself in that situation. I'm not getting into details because it would give away my store.

We've had a few cashiers get fired for pocketing promo gift cards. I mean, come on. There are cameras above every register. How can you be that fucking stupid??

after the holidays the only ones who are "full time" are the Team leads, ETLs, and maybe a select few such as AP, and the receiving foreman. It is some serious bullshit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back