Archived Suddenly... Instocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullMonkey

Ex-Backroom Badass
So on top of my f**kton of Flow and Backroom shifts, I'm also starting to get Instocks shifts now. Never been trained on it, but ain't no time like the present to start.

Problem is, I like to at least have some prior knowledge before starting a shift, even if I do receive training, buuuuuut the only Instocks guide we have here is from back when PDAs were used primarily.

Does anyone wanna give me a basic run-down of what I may be doing?

Instocks is pretty simple on a MyDevice.

Tap the person button in upper left corner, tap Research. It will give you a location to go to. Scan locations that are low or empty and update counts. If a shelf is empty or low and there is more of it in the backroom, a batch will be created to get pulled in the backroom. Use grey dots for items you find are out of stock. Tap done when you are finished scanning an aisle.

Sometimes it will send you to a specific product to update counts. These are rigs.

That's the most basic of what you'll be doing for instocks.

Instocks is a little bit of inventory, a little bit of keeping up appearances and a whole lot of irritation if you're paying attention. Its not for everybody but if you like being "detail oriented" (aka a little too focused on the little things) it can be fulfilling. Sometimes.

Search around the forum there's been a few discussions on instocks. Keep in mind apparently the process is changing (or might have already at your store) so you might have to get through the first shift or two before getting specific with your questions.

It's possible you're getting IS hours for the upcoming SFQ blitzs.

There's a research training page on the myDevice roll out guide, as well as the training slides on the device (they're basically the same as the guide, just condensed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back