Archived Support Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be doing some support help to another store in a few weeks, do I get mileage going to and from that store? It's closer than where my home store is. Also are there any particular rules I will need to fallow? I know it's a different store so they could do things different, but what can I do to help out as much as possible? Anybody with experience of being a support help, or getting it to there store, your stories are appreciated.

You do get paid for mileage, but I believe it's the distance from store to store, not from where you live, not 100% sure.

Only advice I would give you is to not go to that store and criticize how they do things or what you see. They obviously have opportunities because they are asking for support help. If they ask for your feedback then give it to them but if not just go there and do whatever they need your help with and execute it efficiently.

Also I believe with MyTime you can use the time-clock at any store, if not do a punch correction and have that store sign it and then turn it in to HR so they can charge those hours out to that store.

I will be doing some support help to another store in a few weeks, do I get mileage going to and from that store? It's closer than where my home store is. Also are there any particular rules I will need to fallow? I know it's a different store so they could do things different, but what can I do to help out as much as possible? Anybody with experience of being a support help, or getting it to there store, your stories are appreciated.

Everytime you feel the words "Well, in my store we..." about to come out of your mouth, stop yourself.

Also if you have someone come to your store for support help.. DO NOT treat them badly. We had some flow support help a couple weeks back from another store and some team members treated them poorly. PLEASE understand that what one store does may not apply to another store. Appreciate the fact that they came to help YOU out.

Milage is pretty easy
Total Distance you drove for support help - total distance you normally drive to your store

I didn't do milage. I looked at the time it took to drive from my store to the support store. Say it was 20 minutes from my store to the place I was going.

If I arrived at the support store at 6am, I'd put 5:40AM on my punch correction. Likewise, if I left at 4pm, I'd put 4:20pm on my timesheet.

That's what my ETLs had me do - submitting milage was a weird process when I originally did it in 2009. 2012 I just did the punch correction.

So this thread is kind of old, but is there any update to this? I'll be going to the only Pfresh store in our district for help with getting their back room clean after trucks. Can I clock in there or do nothing but punch corrections and mileage? According to Maps it's 27min/22mi from my store.

So this thread is kind of old, but is there any update to this? I'll be going to the only Pfresh store in our district for help with getting their back room clean after trucks. Can I clock in there or do nothing but punch corrections and mileage? According to Maps it's 27min/22mi from my store.
Punch corrections & mileage are your best options.

You will be able to clock in normally if they added you to the schedule (you will see it online). Finding the time clock and remembering where it is may be an adventure.

The stores I've done support help at are actually way closer to my home so I never bothered with asking about mileage.

You will be able to clock in normally if they added you to the schedule (you will see it online). Finding the time clock and remembering where it is may be an adventure.

The stores I've done support help at are actually way closer to my home so I never bothered with asking about mileage.
Like when it usually says my store number, it will say the one I'm going to?

They only pay mileage if it is further away than your home store. HR can put you into system of the store you are going to help, from home, which would allow you to clock in at the new location. Punch corrections are still the easier option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back