Archived Sweep Peaves and Preferencess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a problem loading a sweep, but I am wanting to know if at the DC you have a preference on how things are sent. I've only had one trailer feedback form, but it happened when I was on vacation.

What are your peaves? Do you prefer certain recyclables at the end of the trailer? Also I know how things should be technically sent out, but do you prefer it a different way.

Our building gave up on feedback forms a long time ago because there were 4+ months worth sitting around that nothing had been done about. Unless it’s absolutely ridiculous nobody bothers.

FDC pallets started going back through the RDC years ago, just don’t build anything on them.

Order really doesn’t matter except bags should be on the floor right inside the door, nothing more annoying than taking 5 bags off at a time cuz someone just threw them on top of every pallet.
If you have salvage, crc, or transfers that are built fairly tall, say 5’ or more, shrink wrap them well and try boxing it in with other things.

Pet peeves:

Boxes not sorted.

Putting green boxes in black ones instead of the red or white ones they fit well in.

Plastic bags in gaylord liners (stores do realize we have to put that in a baler, right? About half of them just go in the trash compactor because people are lazy.)

Transfers without the transfer # on them (almost nobody knows how to look up a transfer at my DC or is even going to try, it’s coming back to you). Also, exception sweeps still need a transfer #.

Sweeping back PIPO versions of items like Sterilite or tide. I do get why this probably happens, but 14 boxes of 6 are going to leave the DC faster than 1 pallet of 84.

Snow on bales!!!! Take a broom and brush it off! It ends up all over the floor and a forklift can’t stop, start moving, or turn. Then there are puddles all over the dock and it just makes for very sketchy situations with an 8000lb piece of machinery on basically drag slicks.

Things built on FDC or small format pallets. Just don’t, we have to rebuild all that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back