Archived Tarbucks newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! So I've had two training shifts so far at Tarbucks and I can already tell that I don't think it's for me. I just am not a food service type of person I guess. I applied with sales floor as my #1 choice and Starbucks as my #2, told my interviewer I would prefer sales floor but she said they really needed people at Starbucks.

Anyway, I'm looking for other jobs but I wouldn't mind staying at Target but in a different position. How do I go about asking this/who should I talk to? My Starbucks Team Lead is training me (first time working with her) to open on Friday. Should I talk to her before/after the shift or should I talk to someone else? Has anyone else had success with changing positions early on? I really don't think I want to stay at Starbucks so please don't just say "stick it out" lol, thanks for the help !!

To be quite honest, looking to quit/transfer after only 2 shifts is selfish. Every job has a learning curve and SBX is very tough to learn right away. If you were really uncomfortable with working there, you shouldn't have accepted the job offer. It's highly unlikely that you'll be allowed to transfer to different position in the store. You'll be seen as a quitter and not a team player. Talk to your ETL and give them your 2 weeks notice (and actually work it). Just know they won't hire you in the future. You'll learn soon enough it's not smart to burn bridges when it comes to employment, even if it's considered a lowly job. You'll never know when/if you'll be desperate for a job in the future.

Sbux ain’t that bad, stick out, atleast get training! Learn a skill. Being a barista is a skill.

It sounds kind of like you knew that you didn’t want to do Starbucks so I’m not sure why you accepted the job offer in the first place :( I would suggest sticking it out but since you don’t want that then I would definitely tell your Food TL before your shift coming up and see what she says. We had someone hired as Cafe in my store recently and it turned out she didn’t like it after 1 shift and now she’s a cashier so you never know

Last edited:
What aren't you comfortable with/what don't you like about Starbucks?

I don't mean to burn bridges and I don't at all think Starbucks is a lowly job. You're right, looking back I shouldn't have accepted the job but I think it makes more sense to get out of the way asap instead of waste someone's time on training me. Oh well, sometimes things just aren't a fit for you and that's okay. I'm just a college student with few financial responsibilities so why have a job that I don't enjoy. Maybe next shift will change my mind but we'll see.

Sounds like you have good self awareness. Only you can decide if you are overwhelmed by Starbucks, but can apply yourself and overcome! Or, if it's truly not your thing.

Most Tarbux are desperate to get TMs so once they noticed you were willing to work that area, it really didn't matter if there were openings on the sales floor.

To be fair, Tarbucks has alot of stupid, nonsensical, overburdening policies and procedures. It can overwhelm and downright discourage some people.

You either hate or love working at SB. No real in-between...

I'd think all the college girls would want to date a college SBX dude. Great drink makers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back