Archived Target Again Selling Amazon's Tablets, E-Readers After Four-Year Rift - AdAge

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will get the Red Card 5% discount off of pre-paid cards like T-Mobile, restaurant cards, iTunes, etc. But, you don't get it for Target gift cards, or, and I think, the Visa, MasterCard, or Amex prepaid cards we sell. You don't get the 10% TM discount for pre-paid or gift cards.
Interesting. Does Target buy the cards at full price and take the loss? Otherwise I don't understand how you can buy a giftcard for less than it's worth. It seems like you'd be creating money.

Interesting. Does Target buy the cards at full price and take the loss? Otherwise I don't understand how you can buy a giftcard for less than it's worth. It seems like you'd be creating money.
Target gets a cut of each sale.

At my grocery store, they use Blackhawk aka "Gift Card Mall" and the store gets 10% from every gift card they sell.

Target gets a cut of each sale.

At my grocery store, they use Blackhawk aka "Gift Card Mall" and the store gets 10% from every gift card they sell.
So if Target buys $20 gift cards, they only pay $18 each, and the Redcard just takes a bit off from the $2 profit?

So if Target buys $20 gift cards, they only pay $18 each, and the Redcard just takes a bit off from the $2 profit?
I don't know the exact cut that target gets, but yeah that's pretty much it. And the gift cards aren't worth anything until they're sold (it's why we can just throw out the old ones).

#15 checking in!

I still get people asking about Amazon gift cards. Just not so often. I remember for MONTHS AND MONTHS people asking for for kindles. Or kindle covers/cases. It's funny, because I had not actually realized we were getting rid of them and I wanted to buy one. I found out the Kindle Fire will READ TO YOU, well the model we had been selling any way. There is a way to make the current models do it too, it's just complicated. I was so bummed not to be able to get my discount.

At one point, we got the TM discount + REDCard discount on all gift cards, except Target and Visa/MC/Amex. But then I guess Corporate figured out it was a losing proposition for them.

At one point, we got the TM discount + REDCard discount on all gift cards, except Target and Visa/MC/Amex. But then I guess Corporate figured out it was a losing proposition for them.
Yeah.... Miss that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back