Archived Target Boycott Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sbs posted this already. It's a dumb article. It cost exactly what anyone would have expected. A temporary loss in sales.

We have metal carts, and unlike that picture, we still have the old header holders o_O

Do any stores still use metal carts or is every store plastic now? That seems like a pretty old stock photograph.
We have the old carts. When a nearby store got the new ones, they sent all of their metal ones to us.

These people that are boycotting. Have they ever been inside Target to verify creepy old dudes are using the womens bathroom? No. People fear change and instead of facing their fears they boycott.

My pmt said all stores are eventually going back to metal carts as they last longer. Time will tell I guess...
I was told the same thing by our PMT. I saw the price list for replacement parts for the plastic carts... holy crap man! I believe it when they say the metal carts will be cheaper and last longer. I hope they end up like IKEA's carts. They are metal, kinda heavy but glide oh so smoothly.

My PMT always seems to have a row of carts to fix in the back.
Guests play 'Parking Lot Derby' with them.

Don't read the comment section to those articles guys. Brutal

My PMT always seems to have a row of carts to fix in the back.
Guests play 'Parking Lot Derby' with them.

They get hit by cars, vendors and us slam a fuckton of crap in them and they break, anyone else start seeing those clip things up near the seat on the sides? Yeah cause the plastic ones crack from the weight. Those clips are to help prevent or repair that. The grey top cap/rim are like $300 for 5 of them.

We have a few in the back that got smashed by cars when the wind blew.. One of them was me.. Plastic cart vs steel Old Jeep Bumper = red plastic bits everywhere.. The carts were rolling out of corral from the wind.

My pmt said all stores are eventually going back to metal carts as they last longer. Time will tell I guess...
I don't know how the plastic ones hold up, but I know our PMT has to replace around 5 broken wheels per week on the metal ones. Each one needs to be cut with power tools and smacked with a hammer, and it takes an hour or two of labor.

Carts? Boycott apparently no longer the issue.

Last edited:
I'm sure it had nothing to do with Target's usual flopping we've had / brick and mortar failing in general.

I love how most of the posts in this topic are about carts than the article lmao.

Yeah I heard from some friends that had the plastic carts longer than my store did that they ended up going back to a newer version of the metal carts.

I think most on here would agree if any subject thread needs to be derailed or hijacked, it is this one. we have had at least two threads on it and at least one had to be locked down.

In the past, before stores would let Flow have pallets on the floor during store open, Flow would load up carts with cases needEd to be pushed. No carts are designed to hold that kind of weight, so the front wheels would go.

Now, since they are working from pallets, even after the store us open, the damage to carts has decreased dramatically.

Now don't get me going on the idiots in the back room who think you can put a 1000 pounds of product on the top of a tabled tub.

A whopping 6% huh. I'm sure it couldn't be related to the explosive growth of amazon, reduced consumer spending, and competitive practices of Walmart.

This is just an article for clicks. Nothing more.

I think most on here would agree if any subject thread needs to be derailed or hijacked, it is this one. we have had at least two threads on it and at least one had to be locked down.

In the past, before stores would let Flow have pallets on the floor during store open, Flow would load up carts with cases needEd to be pushed. No carts are designed to hold that kind of weight, so the front wheels would go.

Now, since they are working from pallets, even after the store us open, the damage to carts has decreased dramatically.

Now don't get me going on the idiots in the back room who think you can put a 1000 pounds of product on the top of a tabled tub.

Amen to the derail.

As to the plastic carts, my store got them in the early stage and I will always remember after a major reset some ETL leaving one in the fixture room loaded with shelves.
The side of the cart was buckling and even after we emptied it out the cart was toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back