I'm Lost! Target Circle Redeeming 1%

When a guest wants to redeem their 1% toward a purchase, what is the correct way to ring the order. Will entering the phone number be adequate or do I need to scan the wallet in the app?

Entering the phone number will not redeem the “circle credit”

If they (a) log into Target.com/circle and turn this little switch on or (b) from the Target app they tap the Circle Earnings and check the "Redeem" box and hit save (and then let's say their phone dies or whatever), entering the phone number on the credit card terminal will cause their Circle Earnings to be applied on that purchase.

Entering the phone number alone (without doing either of the two above), true, will not redeem the Circle Earnings.
1579881580553.png

If they (a) log into Target.com/circle and turn this little switch on or (b) from the Target app they tap the Circle Earnings and check the "Redeem" box and hit save (and then let's say their phone dies or whatever), entering the phone number on the credit card terminal will cause their Circle Earnings to be applied on that purchase.

Entering the phone number alone (without doing either of the two above), true, will not redeem the Circle Earnings.
View attachment 9538
That’s what I said 🙄

Back