Target covers schooling costs now

I think this is wonderful. A lot of the younger kids at my store have been working for their families and upset they won't ever be able to afford college or have the time to go. If they can do a few classes a year online while they're working and get it PAID for?! They're going to be so thrilled with this.

I know it's not ideal for everyone, but this will change lives for the better.
Completely agree. It certainly doesn’t hurt. I look forward to seeing the full list of eligible schools

40 schools is not a lot, hopefully they will have more than that. Not even 1 school for each state means many TMs are not going to be able to benefit from this.

Granted i am at the DC so it might be different, and since it is an entirely new program it might be different, but it is my understanding that if you can prove that a class has no other availability, you will not have to work during that time period so you can take the class.

It is a small distinction but the previous program was available to all full time team members, not just team leads.
Everyone at the DCs and corporate already had access to the prior program.
It is good to know that it is still an improvement for us too.
Yeah, the previous program was not available to hourly, non-leadership store team members until now.

In your TargetPayandBenifits they added it. I'm attending school right now and was wondering if they could still give out grants and scholarships it's this very vague answer.

What if I am interested in a program or university outside of those offered in the debt-free network?

A: Within the Guild Network of providers, Target will provide up to up to $5,250/yr. for undergraduate degrees and up to $10,000/yr. for masters degrees to reduce the burden of up-front tuition payments for team member

The press release said 40 schools and 250 programs. Maybe your school is in network. Maybe you can transfer. Good luck.

They're trying to lure low income fresh out of high school kids. And by the time you're hired, they'll keep giving you 35+ hours a week, leaving you with no time/energy for classes, and to do your homework. you also worry about your performance at work and get scared each week cuz you could be let go anytime leaving you to pay your tuition or leave school when they no longer support your education.
View attachment 12741
If you can’t handle full time work and full time school that’s a you issue, not an employer issue.

What kind of classes can you take? I dont want to take business related courses like they did previously to pay for it.

I really hope my school is on here. Walmart's plan included my school. It would be a lifesaver if Target could pay for the rest of my school years.

I just wish I could get an ACTUAL list. If they'll pay for me to learn programming/IT security for example, that would be amazing.
Did you sign up?
Go to the website. You leave your name, email, and phone number so they can email you the list of schools and programs. You won't have to worry if you store ignores everything.

Target.guildeducation.com

Did you sign up?
Go to the website. You leave your name, email, and phone number so they can email you the list of schools and programs. You won't have to worry if you store ignores everything.

Target.guildeducation.com
You misunderstand. I don't WANT to be contacted before I've had a chance to look over everything. Why is the list not up somewhere I don't have to sign up for with my email and phone number?

You misunderstand. I don't WANT to be contacted before I've had a chance to look over everything. Why is the list not up somewhere I don't have to sign up for with my email and phone number?
Well, I'm sure someone will share on here when they get the email. Maybe it will be on pay and benefits. I don't think they have finalized everything yet.

Back