Target covers schooling costs now

And once again the need for your phone number before you can even get in the door. Why in the hell is this a thing? "By inputting you agree we can text and call you with info regarding xxx"...I don't want calls. Can't they understand some people DO NOT WANT to talk on the phone? Why is working online such a hassle????

And most importantly. WHY CAN I NOT SEE ANY INFO ON THE PROGRAMS WITHOUT GIVING THEM MY NUMBER?

If you can’t handle full time work and full time school that’s a you issue, not an employer issue.
My brief time in college it was made very, very clear that every credit hour was one hour class and two hours study, and practicality showed two hours per credit hour was barely enough. So a full course load was 45 hours a week.

Now add in a full time job and that's 85 hours a week doing nothing but working. Sleep isn't counted, taking a shower isn't counted, eating isn't counted. 85 hours a week devoted solely to work tasks is hard.

And once again the need for your phone number before you can even get in the door. Why in the hell is this a thing? "By inputting you agree we can text and call you with info regarding xxx"...I don't want calls. Can't they understand some people DO NOT WANT to talk on the phone? Why is working online such a hassle????

And most importantly. WHY CAN I NOT SEE ANY INFO ON THE PROGRAMS WITHOUT GIVING THEM MY NUMBER?
lol

I hate this as well. Its stupid since they will send you an email anyway about anything that pertains to it instead of texting you. Its all about selling your data, which you will never see a cent of. If any website asks for that crap that I don't use at least weekly I just give them some random number.

I signed in, it took 2 minutes and I'm exploring eligible programs. It asked for my phone number and I put in (999)999-9999. Did you even try to by pass it? It took you more time to come here and complain.

I just logged in and am looking around at the offerings, particularly since I'd like to obtain business-specific schooling.

I have been scrolling through the offerings. Looks like some useful things. Pretty easy to sign up. They want to call you to offer counselling about applying for classes etc. This is a big account for Guild, so they want lots of students from Target.

Does anyone know any good schools or programs available through this? I already have a tech-related BS, so I was looking at a few of the master's for IT or business (would it help to do a bachelor's first, or would that only commit me to that school?). I saw that Bellevue University makes you take this series of three classes about the founding fathers no matter what degree you get, which seems pretty weird to me.

As an occasional college instructor I suggest any TMs interested in taking classes look at a SCHOOL'S ACCREDITATION AS IT RELATES TO YOUR DEGREE.

For example ABET is an nonprofit, non-governmental agency that accredits programs in applied and natural science, computing, engineering, etc.

If you were to a get an associates degree in engineering from a NON-ABET school you might have to take a additional classes if you go for a bachelors because your school may not let them transfer.

See this: ITT Technical Institute - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITT_Technical_Institute

Choose carefully then and good luck.

I tried to apply for one that looked like it wasn't in the program or something because I kept getting a page not found, so I applied for a different one. Was accepted and just waiting until the program starts.

Applied for Guild and received a notice stating i would be a good match for the program. Then received a personal counselor from Guild that is walking me through their enrollment steps. I’m in the process of obtaining previous transactions and submitting my application for the University. Deadlines are quickly approaching and target hasn’t been much of a help when communicating how to go about this program. Is anyone even fimiliar with Guild?

Why don't you even try to get around this convention? There are plenty of ways around this convention. All you have to do is enter a different number. And after a few calls, your business partner will realize that the only channel of communication is the Internet. I just saw @IhateOPmodel's comment, and I totally agree. And if none of the ways work, I would advise you to contact the guys from engaging stakeholders Archives - Prendo Simulations - https://www.prendo.com/leadership-challenges/engaging-stakeholders. They will settle this conflict on terms that are beneficial to everyone. They specialize in resolving business conflicts between two different parties.

Last edited:
I never had to speak on the phone to anyone throughout the application process. Only after being accepted and prior to registering for classes did I talk to a human and that was my department advisor over Zoom.

I'm glad I recently in a business-related Certificate program through Guild. My online courses are challenging but the workload is manageable for somebody working full-time. From what I could determine, the Guild programs are selected from a variety of different online schools. My anticipated completion of the Certificate program is in mid-summer, which should make it more feasible to change careers and increase my take-home pay.

Back