Archived Target (CurbSide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the worst part of all of this, is when Target tries to get the current team to do it, like commie said. Okay, so we have the current team, maybe one person hired specifically for Curbside work. My biggest problem is, what happens during fourth quarter? You know full well all these soccer mom types are just gonna try and place orders for their Christmas gifts and just avoid the lines. It'll be a clusterfuck.

And we lose out on all of those Redcard sign ups? So do they anticipate curbside basket totals being larger than the average Redcard basket total? Maybe make it one of the perks of having a Recard, like free shipping?

Well, this was more or less "announced" back in October http://www.bizjournals.com/twinciti...ers-curbside-pickup-through-startups-app.html

I downloaded the app, it's not available in my area (So Cal). I was hoping that I'd be able to see it from a Guests perspective, how it works, what I'd be able to buy. I mean, I don't see Target's entire inventory being available for pickup, but I guess I'll just have to wait.

Last edited:
And we lose out on all of those Redcard sign ups? So do they anticipate curbside basket totals being larger than the average Redcard basket total? Maybe make it one of the perks of having a Recard, like free shipping?

It's a phone app so making it Red card hooked in would be easy.
That's where all the coupons would be handled as well.

Since it has the covered walkway I suspect it's rain, snow or shine.

Since I'm one of the few who's in charge of SFS and FF, if we start doing this in my store, I'm buying baseball bats, golf sticks, hockey sticks, and a hockey mask.

Then I'll paint the Target logo in the mask.

I believe everything would be handled the same way as "In-Store Pickup". Item(s) would be held in the flex room then brought out to the curbside team upon guests arrival. not a big deal.

Yeah....what idiot are they going to find to sit outside all day when it is blowing snow and 20 degrees out? Or when it is raining sideways and thundering and lightning? Right.

I guess that would be Curbside's problem. I just wonder what it costs Target for this service because Curbside is not charging guests so they must be getting money some where. And having the only people you deal with when shopping from Target, not being Target employees seems odd.

Is this a 3rd party thing? It looked like people in khakis and white loading bags into cars. Hopefully TMs won't have to do this.

Is this a 3rd party thing? It looked like people in khakis and white loading bags into cars. Hopefully TMs won't have to do this.

In one of the articles posted it says it's curbside employees so I'd assume they have some sort of contract like target mobile has. Buuut the curbside person who said that said that eventually stores' employees would be handling it. But I dont get how curbside survives as a company when that happens. Maybe they implement and do upkeep of some sort of software. Actually, I just read the second article and that is exactly their plan.

I think this is a good idea for people who are gonna pick up the kids from school or whatever and they need a few quick things from the store that they can grab curbside on the way home. Location is used to know when you're arriving at the store. That way the curbside person wouldn't have to sit around in inclement weather just waiting. They can wait for the notification that you're nearby and then grab your stuff and be outside when you pull up.

With Lowes Foods here in NC, you can order your food online. Then drive up to a speaker outside of the store, and an employee will cart it out, you swipe your card, and load it.

My store is in a massive shopping district and the local police are pretty strict about not letting people stop in the fire lanes, causing backups of cars entering/leaving.

I can't see them being too thrilled with this...

My store is in a massive shopping district and the local police are pretty strict about not letting people stop in the fire lanes, causing backups of cars entering/leaving.

I can't see them being too thrilled with this...

I was told stores were hand picked for this option. My store got pick. we haven't been opened for a year yet.

Funny. I think this will lose Target some sales. Most people I talk to have the same thing to say about Target (and Costco): "I go in for one thing and end up spending $100". While it may increase the "I just need a box of diapers and how great is this that I don't have to risk toddler meltdown when we pass the Spiderman tshirts", it will also reduce sales of Spiderman tshirts.

Funny. I think this will lose Target some sales. Most people I talk to have the same thing to say about Target (and Costco): "I go in for one thing and end up spending $100". While it may increase the "I just need a box of diapers and how great is this that I don't have to risk toddler meltdown when we pass the Spiderman tshirts", it will also reduce sales of Spiderman tshirts.

This. Target thrives on impulse spending.

I think what they are trying to do with this is catch the people who wouldn't have come in at all because they have a car full of screaming kids or have to be some where in a screeching hurry.
Better to snag that bagful of sales than none at all.

I was told stores were hand picked for this option. My store got pick. we haven't been opened for a year yet.
Isn't that how all pilot programs start out? If it goes well, they will apply the "it will work this well everywhere" method of thinking and start rolling it out to most stores without really thinking it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back