Archived Target (CurbSide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlexedDiva

Fiery GSA
my store will be starting curbside soon and they want me to be lead on it. Has anyone heard of it? or have experienced it first hand?

From what I've seen its another expansion to flex fulfillment and ship from store. Guest places online order for pick up, TM pulls product, and it's delivered to your car curbside.

How lazy are we really...

Yes , That's what it is basically. They started this in California Already. So it's slowly but surely will reach to our stores.

So I was denied the position for PA, They decided to give me lead on this instead.

That's an awesome idea. I hope it's implementation goes well. What to do with out of stock items, or items where compromises may have to be made, like a yellow shirt you only have in stock as peach. I think this could be a great way to earn Target's reputation for quality back, and gives your store a great opportunity to get favourable reviews. I'd be really interested in this.

It's like anything, if they provide the time and manpower to do it correctly there shouldn't be any problem.
It will add a few bucks to the till and provide a nice service that makes Target look good.

Problem is they are going to try and do it with the staff they already have....
Yeah good luck with that.

So they want TMs to go outside the building and start loading mdse into a total stranger's vehicle. Oh. Hell. No.
People get abducted all the time and those awesome cameras are not going to help prevent it.
Lawsuit waiting to happen.

And yes, how fricking lazy are people??? Gosh.

Walmart does this in select area's and the reviews I get from Family members who use it are great. Hope this goes well for us! It's perfect for a certain situations and can see it being a really good thing.

I could see Target eventually closing stores...replacing them with small warehouses and... just enough team members to load bags into vehicles.

It sounds like it could be a time-saver for some, I could see that. But... honestly, I do think it's just a ploy to increase profits/decrease payroll. I guess time will only tell.

Personally. I'm one of those, that really prefer to comparison shop, and... look around while shopping. I guess.. I'd like to imagine, that I'm not the only one.

Last edited:
I don't think this would work in a lot of places. My SuperT is located in the heart of a big, very busy shopping center. The traffic that comes through there is crazy, and I have no idea how we don't have daily accidents with the way these psychopaths drive through those four way stops. If they set this up, they'd have to do it smack in front of the store, instead if say, on the corner of the building, seeing as we are surrounded on all sides by other stores.

Then mass clusterfuckmania would ensue as guests drove up to the tent that is clearly labeled Curbside Pickup and they would ask, "Where is Curbside Pickup?"
You would say, "Right here, (sir/madam!)" And then the guest would yell at you for not having a sign that said Curbside pickup. Because a giant tent labeled Curbside Pickup just isn't good enough.

Then, once the you pulled up said guest's order for your entire stock of Charmin toilet paper (but it comes with a GIFT CARD...oOoOo), she'll huff about how she could have gone inside and got it herself by now. Then she'll shove a wad of coupons in your face.

"I'm sorry maam, we cant apply the coupons after youve placed your order." Yeah, it's too fuckin late for all that shit.

Then, as several of your team members are wheeling out her 3 flats of toilet paper, she'll scream at you, above all of the honking cars behind her, "WELL, CAN I AT LEAST GET A GIFT RECEIPT?!"

Nah, you can't fucking have that either.

"Well, ma'am I'm sorry, but-"

And then, you hear a loud screech. This time, it's not from the guest. You look up to see soccer mom vans plowing into one another, from all directions...Curbside Pickup has really caused a clusterfuck traffic jam here. Somebody plows into your guest, and she mows right over your Curbside pickup tent...and you. As you lay there dying, you hear a voice.

"Is this Curbside pickup?"

With your last breath, you answer, "Yes."

"You guys should really have a sign."

And that's pretty much how its gonna go.

I don't think this would work in a lot of places. My SuperT is located in the heart of a big, very busy shopping center. The traffic that comes through there is crazy, and I have no idea how we don't have daily accidents with the way these psychopaths drive through those four way stops. If they set this up, they'd have to do it smack in front of the store, instead if say, on the corner of the building, seeing as we are surrounded on all sides by other stores.

Then mass clusterfuckmania would ensue as guests drove up to the tent that is clearly labeled Curbside Pickup and they would ask, "Where is Curbside Pickup?"
You would say, "Right here, (sir/madam!)" And then the guest would yell at you for not having a sign that said Curbside pickup. Because a giant tent labeled Curbside Pickup just isn't good enough.

Then, once the you pulled up said guest's order for your entire stock of Charmin toilet paper (but it comes with a GIFT CARD...oOoOo), she'll huff about how she could have gone inside and got it herself by now. Then she'll shove a wad of coupons in your face.

"I'm sorry maam, we cant apply the coupons after youve placed your order." Yeah, it's too fuckin late for all that shit.

Then, as several of your team members are wheeling out her 3 flats of toilet paper, she'll scream at you, above all of the honking cars behind her, "WELL, CAN I AT LEAST GET A GIFT RECEIPT?!"

And then, you hear a loud screech. This time, it's not from the guest. You look up to see soccer mom vans plowing into one another, from all directions...Curbside Pickup has really caused a clusterfuck traffic jam here. Somebody plows into your guest, and she mows right over your Curbside pickup tent...and you. As you lay there dying, you hear a voice.

great imagination . I was entertained. :)

Great idea for people who can't get around well, or have a bunch of young kids to unload & reload, just cause you want a Starbucks mocha frappucino, or a pack of diapers, or something small. A lot of times those sales would just be missed.

One location of a local super market has this. It's never expanded to other locations for a reason.

EXACTLY how I pictured it going at my store also!
Do they process coupons at curbside also? "Here's my 20 coupons, cartwheel, giftcards and can I get a gift receipt for that, that and oh, yeah, that one too?" "But I was supposed to get a giftcard with this deal!"
Insistent honking from behind. Parking lot mom fight ensues. Good times were had by all.

Can't wait. lol

So they want TMs to go outside the building and start loading mdse into a total stranger's vehicle. Oh. Hell. No.
People get abducted all the time and those awesome cameras are not going to help prevent it.
Lawsuit waiting to happen.

And yes, how fricking lazy are people??? Gosh.

The Silence of the Lambs abduction scene comes to mind right now...
Some guy is going to pull up in a huge SUV, ask for my help getting furniture into his trunk, and I'll never be seen again.

I can only guess that this would be for stores in warmer climates and then weather permitting. Don't see this flying in the northern mid-west and north-east of the country in the winter. Also, like pick-up in store, perishables would be excluded.

I think the worst part of all of this, is when Target tries to get the current team to do it, like commie said. Okay, so we have the current team, maybe one person hired specifically for Curbside work. My biggest problem is, what happens during fourth quarter? You know full well all these soccer mom types are just gonna try and place orders for their Christmas gifts and just avoid the lines. It'll be a clusterfuck.

Sounds amazing to me if I was a guest. Order all of your grocerys and the team member puts it in your car all bagged and everything. You don't even have to get out of your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back