Archived Target (CurbSide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updates related to what? My store has been running it as a pilot since before I started last year.
No one who has actually done this has ever posted exactly what they had to do. I’d like to know: who pulls the order, where is it staged while waiting on the guest, how do you know when the guest arrives, is the payment done online and finalized in the mydevice like in store pickup, what do you do between waiting for orders to be picked up, and last - but certainly not least - is there a pay increase?

I want hazard pay if I have to go out in yucky weather and have to dodge crazy drivers.

(x-post--this was in response to Hardlinesmaster, but most of it applies to your follow up, CeeCee) Oh. Yes, there. OPU has at least one TM scheduled at my store, and their primary responsibility is picking all regular OPU and drive up orders, though others will run them out to guests if the OPU person is out on a pick or something. They will hand off drive up responsibilities to someone (usually GS or GSA) in case any drive ups come in while they're on break.

If the OPU person calls out, everyone just sort of picks up the slack. I don't know how many drive up orders we get a day, but I usually work nights and there are usually 2-3 drive up orders a night or so, so it's not like they're a steady stream or anything like that.

No one who has actually done this has ever posted exactly what they had to do. I’d like to know: who pulls the order, where is it staged while waiting on the guest, how do you know when the guest arrives, is the payment done online and finalized in the mydevice like in store pickup, what do you do between waiting for orders to be picked up, and last - but certainly not least - is there a pay increase?

I want hazard pay if I have to go out in yucky weather and have to dodge crazy drivers.

Orders are staged with other OPU orders by guest service. Zebras honk at you when the guest is on their way and when the order arrives and the team communicates on who has the drive up. They're kind of like the call boxes where there's a timer to get the stuff out to the guest. I don't know if they have a pay bump, but it takes about 2 minutes to run the order out to the guest, scan their barcode and have them sign for it. It would be a bit more convenient if the OPU spots were closer to the guest services side than grocery, but it's not a big deal.

Orders are staged with other OPU orders by guest service. Zebras honk at you when the guest is on their way and when the order arrives and the team communicates on who has the drive up. They're kind of like the call boxes where there's a timer to get the stuff out to the guest. I don't know if they have a pay bump, but it takes about 2 minutes to run the order out to the guest, scan their barcode and have them sign for it. It would be a bit more convenient if the OPU spots were closer to the guest services side than grocery, but it's not a big deal.
What if there’s multiple cars in the pick up area? How do you know whose shit is what?

What if there’s multiple cars in the pick up area? How do you know whose shit is what?

Yes, the myDriveUp app contains a basic description. If you would happen to have two blue SUVs picking up (frex) we have the last name of the person ordering, so we can ask at their window who is who, and we'd bring both orders out with us.

Yes, the myDriveUp app contains a basic description. If you would happen to have two blue SUVs picking up (frex) we have the last name of the person ordering, so we can ask at their window who is who, and we'd bring both orders out with us.
Nice. Thanks fam

If anyone has any questions about Drive up, ask away. We’ve had it for almost a year. It’s really pretty basic. FF pulls them and bags them and we have a rack up at Guest services for them. When guest places order it is picked, then guest hits ‘I’m on the way button’ when leaving and everyone’s Zebra’s honk indicating that the guest is on there way. There is a screen at service desk that shows how far aaay they are based on GPS so they can have time to get order ready. When they arrive, guest pushes ‘I’m here’, and the zebras honk again. GSTM then takes out the order while GSTL/GSA covers service desk. It’s pretty simple, but can get annoying fast if there’s a line at service desk or if guest forgets to push ‘I’m on my way’ and GSTM then has to scramble to get the order together. Fuck the Zebra’s honking though, it’s so loud. I wish non GSTM’s could turn it off.

3a6f17e3a9017c7daa07cab7d1881981--white-smile-funny-animals.jpg

Honking zebras

Curbside was a bust in our area. Lazy fucks just ordered low dollar shit. Backroom picks the orders, GS takes them out. Waste of time

I promise you, it’s the most annoying thing ever. Guests always honk back at it..

Yes. And I'm honestly surprised you can't hear them, wherever you are in the country, because mfers are loud. Which is the point, and I get it, but still.

Otherwise, though, it's not a big deal. Not much different than OPU, and just takes a few minutes to run 'em out.

So we had one side of our handicapped spots resurfaced and about 6 spots that are close to the door resurfaced. myDriveUp future or coincidence?

No handicapped people are allowed anymore.

It's a new Target direction, like the restrooms.

So we had one side of our handicapped spots resurfaced and about 6 spots that are close to the door resurfaced. myDriveUp future or coincidence?

The 6 spots are probably destined for Curbside. The handicapped parking resurfacing is possibly coincidence, or someone actually being smart and figuring that if they were calling out a painter for the Curbside spots, it would make sense to re-mark the handicapped one's at the same time.

Edit to add: My store has spots marked out as well, but they're a few rows away from the store entrance. And right in front of the fire exit. I'm wondering now if they're going to turn the fire exit into the TM access for Curbside? And where in the heck are they going to store guest product until they show up? We've already shifted all of FF/OPU into the service desk area, along with Z-racks and Metro shelving for softlines and a couple shopping carts for the rest of our reshop. Guest service honestly looks like a bloody garage sale most days. Are they going to shove this in that limited space as well???

Last edited:
We're supposed to be starting this at my store as well.... Will be very interesting on how that all works out

That would explain 6 spots near team member parking being cordoned off and marked with strange spraypaint symbols shortly after Drive Up papers appeared in TSC at my store...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back