Archived Target has ran it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this morning I went and had an interview with a local grocery store. The interview literally lasted all of 10 minutes and was offered a job pending drug and background checks. When all is said and done I should be able to put my 2 weeks in next Monday a week from now and I am so excited.

I have made alot of friends and have learned so much from at Target but that being said it's kinda gone down hill.

TL's are playing favorites, there's alot of drama, store morale is down and not to mention it's quite clique-y.

I have been searching for a job off and on for the past year and a half hoping for the fish to bite... and it has and I can now bow down gracefully.

Thanks for listening to my monologue guys.

tumblr_m41e2o5nhT1rw7k3jo1_500.gif

I don't think Target has run it's course yet although it certainly has issues,it would be fantastic if we had the leadership in place that could stem our never ending talent drain,Target has the ability to attract great people ,it is just that the company doesn't know what to do with them.

I don't think Target has run it's course yet although it certainly has issues,it would be fantastic if we had the leadership in place that could stem our never ending talent drain,Target has the ability to attract great people ,it is just that the company doesn't know what to do with them.

And it's not for everyone. I know if I went to another company I would complain about it too.

As much as I complain about target I love it and it's the perfect job for the season of life I am in.

I don't think the OP or commie for that matter are saying I got out, Sucks you guys are stuck at target. I think it's more they found a better opportunity and that's commendable

And it's not for everyone. I know if I went to another company I would complain about it too.

As much as I complain about target I love it and it's the perfect job for the season of life I am in.

I don't think the OP or commie for that matter are saying I got out, Sucks you guys are stuck at target. I think it's more they found a better opportunity and that's commendable

I agree with that statement. I love the experience I got, the people I met, but I think it's time I change it up a bit.

For a lot of folks, Target is a job to mark time while you find something better/in your field.
Some folks may start out wanting to make Target a career. I know I did during my early years because I liked the company & what it represented but times change.
For others, it's the only gig that's hiring & brings in at least a meager paycheck.
Fare farin', shortstuff.
Run free & never look back.

I have worked for 4 different Target locations officially and I can say not all the Targets are the same. Some are growing, while others are going downhill. I'm in one right now where the culture is not that great and turnover is high. Many end up transferring or leaving the company. I'm in the process of getting a transfer myself as soon as the HRs put together a position for me.

I have worked for 4 different Target locations officially and I can say not all the Targets are the same. Some are growing, while others are going downhill. I'm in one right now where the culture is not that great and turnover is high. Many end up transferring or leaving the company. I'm in the process of getting a transfer myself as soon as the HRs put together a position for me.

Personally I've only worked at one but one of them i would have trouble commuting to because of buses and the other one is known as our grumpy store.. and everyone whose transferred from there says don't go there.. so I'm just gonna bow down gracefully. :)

Update: it's been about 3 months since I've started working at my new job. I did have a week off because they thought I still had time at target so they couldn't get me on the schedule. Which was fine as it gave me a mini vacation to relax and get my sh*t together.

I love my new job as it's only a half a mile from my house and I don't have to worry about the bus and thus opening up my schedule especially on Sundays.

Also I'm starting school next month to become a medical assistant. Work will accommodate that. :-D

I'm happy to report that all is well for the most part!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back