Archived Target Healthcare Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I've been contemplating getting Target's healthcare and corporate HR told me the next open enrollment isnt until June or July and that they couldnt tell me what plans are available or any specifics. Could anyone who has insurance through Target tell me what plans they have and what is covered and what isn't? Is it even worth trying to get? What are your experiences with the healthcare plans Target offers?

You can locate that info regard the plans online via ehr or my pay and benefits I believe I’d also check with Hewitt they may could help explain the plans

I've gone through the pay and benefits website, gone to talk to in-store HR and got redirected back to the corporate HR hotline. I won't have an idea of what is available until the next open enrollment. Also more than likely won't qualify due to a lack of hours.

I've gone through the pay and benefits website, gone to talk to in-store HR and got redirected back to the corporate HR hotline. I won't have an idea of what is available until the next open enrollment. Also more than likely won't qualify due to a lack of hours.
Here it is. From my phone, sorry. From the target pay and benefits site.
WHEN AM I ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS? 2018
As a Target Stores Team Member, you are eligible for:
At date of hire:
 Team Member Discount
 Team Member LifeResources
 Business Travel Accident
At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
 Vacation
 Sick Hours (CA, NJ, NY, RI and locations where legislated)
 Bereavement (Funeral) Pay
At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
 Vacation
 Short-term Disability (team members in California, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state
Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-term Disability Plan)
 Personal Holidays
 National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)
 Well-being Time
Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
 Supplemental Medical (Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness)
 Dental (coverage for Spouse/DP available in Basic Dental Plan only)
 Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
 Identity Theft Protection
 Group Legal Plan
 Adoption Reimbursement
 Life Insurance (Company Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
 Paid Parental Leave
 Long-term Disability
Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 29.5 or more hours per week:
 Medical
 Dental
 Vision Eyewear Plan, available with medical enrollment
 Life Insurance (Company Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
 Paid Parental Leave
 Long-term Disability
 Health Care Flexible Spending Account (Health Care FSA)
 Group Legal Plan
 Adoption Reimbursement
*See the “Initial Benefits Eligibility Calculation” section.
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS?
Please see your Summary Plan Description (SPD) for information regarding who is not eligible for benefits.
WHAT ARE SUMMARY PLAN DESCRIPTIONS (SPDS)?
SPDs are the primary reference for information about your Target Benefits. SPDs are the documents that summarize each of the benefit plans for which you are eligible or will become eligible. They will be available to you when you become eligible for the plans. Target will provide updates annually, if needed, to keep the SPDs current.

Based on this posting. You should know the plans.

1. So Target offers healthcare plans for part timers, that in and of itself has no bearing on the affordability of said plans if you factor in the amount of income a part timer recieves. It does little good to offer healthcare plans when people cannot afford it. The alternative would be that the Corp offers healthcare out of its pocket rather than the workers. And yes I know there is a faction who want no involvement in our efforts and that's yalls right, but that shouldnt stand in the way of the workers who do want to be a part of the discussion rather than feeling like they have to hide their opinions from the faction which wants to intimidate others into silence. If you all think your position is correct and that there is no need or interest in a worker committee or even the newsletter then you should have nothing to fear since we won't gain any traction and you wont have to spend all this time obsessing on what some miniscule group of workers are attempting. Yall say you want no involvement in what we are doing, but you continously keep trying to intervene or disrupt us, why not be consistent and leave us alone? We've respected the wishes of every worker who doesn't want to be involved, we leave workers alone who want to be left alone.

NRVstrike, Jan 11, 2018

Kind of unrelated but I never understood this. I appear to be earning vacay time, but I'm under 19 hours during the school year. Am I imagining things? That benefits post you posted says it's only for people above 19.5 hours. @Hardlinesmaster @HRLady

Hey everyone, I've been contemplating getting Target's healthcare and corporate HR told me the next open enrollment isnt until June or July and that they couldnt tell me what plans are available or any specifics.

I've gone through the pay and benefits website, gone to talk to in-store HR and got redirected back to the corporate HR hotline. I won't have an idea of what is available until the next open enrollment.

I can't tell you any specifics either. Target's store HR and corporate HR does not really handle medical insurance benefits so that is the main reason that you won't get much info. Another reason is that benefits information may change from year to year. There is an entire group dedicated to benefits that you can try to contact called the Target Benefits Center (1-800-828-5850). This would be your best bet.

Kind of unrelated but I never understood this. I appear to be earning vacay time, but I'm under 19 hours during the school year. Am I imagining things? That benefits post you posted says it's only for people above 19.5 hours. @Hardlinesmaster @HRLady

My guess is that you qualified at the time that they evaluated you for benefits. After you qualified, you will continue to get benefits until the next evaluation despite your average hours changing.

Last edited:
My guess is that you qualified at the time that they evaluated you for benefits. After you qualified, you will continue to get benefits until the next evaluation despite your average hours changing.
But basically because evaluations are every april(?) I’m screwed bc that’s after I’ve been working only 8 hours a week for 9 months. I need them to evaluate at the end of August lol

Here it is. From my phone, sorry. From the target pay and benefits site.
WHEN AM I ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS? 2018
As a Target Stores Team Member, you are eligible for:
At date of hire:
 Team Member Discount
 Team Member LifeResources
 Business Travel Accident
At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
 Vacation
At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
 Vacation
 Short-term Disability (team members in California, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state
Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-term Disability Plan)
 Personal Holidays
 National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)
 Well-being Time
Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
 Dental (coverage for Spouse/DP available in Basic Dental Plan only)
 Group Legal Plan
 Adoption Reimbursement
 Paid Parental Leave
 Long-term Disability
Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 29.5 or more hours per week:
 Medical
 Dental
 Vision Eyewear Plan, available with medical enrollment
 Paid Parental Leave
 Long-term Disability
 Health Care Flexible Spending Account (Health Care FSA)
 Group Legal Plan
 Adoption Reimbursement
*See the “Initial Benefits Eligibility Calculation” section.
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS?
Please see your Summary Plan Description (SPD) for information regarding who is not eligible for benefits.
WHAT ARE SUMMARY PLAN DESCRIPTIONS (SPDS)?
SPDs are the primary reference for information about your Target Benefits. SPDs are the documents that summarize each of the benefit plans for which you are eligible or will become eligible. They will be available to you when you become eligible for the plans. Target will provide updates annually, if needed, to keep the SPDs current.

Thank you for posting this!

Hey everyone, I've been contemplating getting Target's healthcare and corporate HR told me the next open enrollment isnt until June or July and that they couldnt tell me what plans are available or any specifics. Could anyone who has insurance through Target tell me what plans they have and what is covered and what isn't? Is it even worth trying to get? What are your experiences with the healthcare plans Target offers?

Bullshit again on your post. Corporate HR wouldn't tell you open enrollment is in June or July because that isn't true. Also your account posted benefit information as outlined above. So either you are straight up lying or this account is 100% not legit a Target team member.

The only way you could enroll outside regular enrollment times is if there was a 'life-change event' such as loss of previous coverage under a spouse/family member thru job loss, death, divorce, graduation, turning 26, etc.

No thanks you are not taking any money away from my 12 per hour that I work hard for.

Bullshit again on your post. Corporate HR wouldn't tell you open enrollment is in June or July because that isn't true. Also your account posted benefit information as outlined above. So either you are straight up lying or this account is 100% not legit a Target team member.
Im telling you what I was told when I called the Target Benefits Center, call them yourself and see what they say.

But basically because evaluations are every april(?) I’m screwed bc that’s after I’ve been working only 8 hours a week for 9 months. I need them to evaluate at the end of August lol

I think that they do it in January/February right before open enrollment time. Yeah, sadly, your average hours number must be at least 19.5 to continue benefits next year.

I think that they do it in January/February right before open enrollment time. Yeah, sadly, your average hours number must be at least 19.5 to continue benefits next year.
How do you see what level you’re at now? (Last question, sorry for hijacking this thread)

The only way you could enroll outside regular enrollment times is if there was a 'life-change event' such as loss of previous coverage under a spouse/family member thru job loss, death, divorce, graduation, turning 26, etc.

The hubby retired last May and we had union benefits for 3 months after that. So I approach HR about target benefits. Told them it was a life changing event and she said cant do anything till April when open enrollment was. So had to stick it out till April so in the mean time I had no benefits but the hubby paid way to much for a few months for single supplement.

The hubby retired last May and we had union benefits for 3 months after that. So I approach HR about target benefits. Told them it was a life changing event and she said cant do anything till April when open enrollment was. So had to stick it out till April so in the mean time I had no benefits but the hubby paid way to much for a few months for single supplement.

That sucks that that happened. Going forward, if you ever have any benefits questions, just go straight to calling the Target Benefits Center (800-828-5850) who handles everyone's benefits in the company. They specialize in benefits whereas your store HR only has basic knowledge of it.

That sucks that that happened. Going forward, if you ever have any benefits questions, just go straight to calling the Target Benefits Center (800-828-5850) who handles everyone's benefits in the company. They specialize in benefits whereas your store HR only has basic knowledge of it.

Agreed! Always call the Target benefit center. I believe you would have qualified to select coverage when your husband retired and you lost your health insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back