Target Lawsuit

My SD for the past 2 months told us to ignore the price changes and only work on pushing the truck. One TL didn’t listen and did them several times. SD coached her for going against him and7 then it was brought up (with several other bogus things) when they fired her. I would say 70% of our prices are wrong Through the entire store. I would love a lawsuit to wake them up.
Id let that slip to someone that has the money and time to fight that.

My SD for the past 2 months told us to ignore the price changes and only work on pushing the truck. One TL didn’t listen and did them several times. SD coached her for going against him and7 then it was brought up (with several other bogus things) when they fired her. I would say 70% of our prices are wrong Through the entire store. I would love a lawsuit to wake them up.
I can vouch that this true in Style at least. As I've complained about before, Basics are abysmal. And its not just pricing/POGS, it's dayside truck push. Just yesterday I found a ton of four dollar socks flexed onto $1.50 pegs. I had no time to do anything but pull the tags down.

Although I do have to say, if your SD told TLs not to do price changes and this TL ignored that, they really are at fault. Believe me, I understand the frustration, but the SD was actually taking something off their plate, not adding to it. Now, if the SD then turned around and made an issue of the price changes not being done and used that as a reason to coach/fire, that would be a different story.

I can vouch that this true in Style at least. As I've complained about before, Basics are abysmal. And its not just pricing/POGS, it's dayside truck push. Just yesterday I found a ton of four dollar socks flexed onto $1.50 pegs. I had no time to do anything but pull the tags down.
I remeber those days. Pop the price label off the peg, pop the size off the hanger as no size was better than wrong size.

I kept forgetting the size tabs in my pocket at the end of my shift. Cumulative total of what came home with me has to have been in the hundreds. 20~ a day, 4 days a week, 3 years.

I remeber those days. Pop the price label off the peg, pop the size off the hanger as no size was better than wrong size.

I kept forgetting the size tabs in my pocket at the end of my shift. Cumulative total of what came home with me has to have been in the hundreds. 20~ a day, 4 days a week, 3 years.
The size tab situation is even worse now since they changed the style. They never sent us a tool to remove the new ones, so I just pop them off with a screwdriver, and I'm sure not taking the time to save and organize them.

This would be potential for a major issue in my state, where the Attorney General's office has a fairly active Consumer Protection Bureau. There are people who look for price discrepancies so they can collect the bounty for them - they're not AG employees or "spies" or whatever, just people who think it's fun, I guess, to find mistakes and take advantage of them. They do the same for expired ad signs that aren't taken down. Depending on the price differential, it can be pretty substantial.

I'm seeing a distressing number of shelf tags not reflecting price increases. Inflation is in vogue now, hitting with a vengeance, and we as a retailer are supposed to keep accurate price labels. The job isn't getting done adequately due to lack of hours. I would not be surprised if some of these state AGs take this matter up with retailers including Target, although admittedly the real incentive for state AGs is shaking down the stores for settlement fines, and throwing a token bone to the public in terms of stores "promising" to fix the problem.

Then why can’t they give me more than 30 cent raise.
Pre-pandemic Target had 350k employees. I know my building trippled our workforce after the pandemic.
A 30 cent raise for everyone using that 350k number and assuming 25 hours per week average, is over $130,000,000.
One hundred and thirty million. For 30 cents. Every year.

They should really just make it so the POS sells the item for the cheapest price even if the price change hasn’t been done. So until the label has been changed it sells the prior price if it’s cheaper than the new price.

They should really just make it so the POS sells the item for the cheapest price even if the price change hasn’t been done. So until the label has been changed it sells the prior price if it’s cheaper than the new price.

The problem is that there is no way to tell when the label has been done. To change a price, you first have to scan it in Price Change which activates the change, then you have to hang the new label. There is a metric that must be met for activations. There isn't a metric for when labels are put out and the labels take longer.

So what a lot of stores were doing was activating to meet the metric, but not bothering to hang the labels. There's no way for the POS to account for that.

Another issue is stores flexing product out without changing the shelf labels. This is especially true with all the excess freight that's being sumped on stores.

Yup i found a ton of that at my store. Labels being wrong , things flexed but not labeled. If it was something i typically bought and wasnt priced accurately or sale sign still there. Id take a picture or bring the sale sign with me to the TL up front or back to the tech department where i do most of my checking out.

Back