MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Over all they seem to be working better. I do get the ticket error but I just do a soft reboot. I would like to see mspk added.

We are being required to sign out myDevices now. No problem. My problem is with other team leaders demanding myDevices when we are short. Do you really expect us to drop what we are doing and go sign them out, then sign in for the person using the device now? What happens if no one signs them out/in, and I'm the last one 'logged in?' Best bet, don't use a myDevice. By far the most ridiculous thing I've seen at target this week.

We are being required to sign out myDevices now. No problem. My problem is with other team leaders demanding myDevices when we are short. Do you really expect us to drop what we are doing and go sign them out, then sign in for the person using the device now? What happens if no one signs them out/in, and I'm the last one 'logged in?' Best bet, don't use a myDevice. By far the most ridiculous thing I've seen at target this week.
Just sign out when you hand it over? It's a bit of a pain, yes, but keeps you in the clear

So when something says there's 19 on hand and 65 on floor what does that mean?

As has been said accumulator is messed up, do you have any untied locations, or it got keyed backwards, or a location that does not exist. But research is your friend find it and correct it..

@DoWork Always log off the equipment so the next person has to log on, so no worries about the last user being you. People have to waste that time because people can't be bothered to take care of their tools, I have seen people put on Finals for smashing, breaking and leaving equipment random places.. I don't have time to waste trekking all over the store looking for the equipment left on end caps, in the freezer, the electronics lock up, the check lanes or random shelves.. You would not believe how many days I find two or three MyDevices/PDA's.

Last edited:
As has been said accumulator is messed up, do you have any untied locations, or it got keyed backwards, or a location that does not exist. But research is your friend find it and correct it..

@DoWork Always log off the equipment so the next person has to log on, so no worries about the last user being you. People have to waste that time because people can't be bothered to take care of their tools, I have seen people put on Finals for smashing, breaking and leaving equipment random places.. I don't have time to waste trekking all over the store looking for the equipment left on end caps, in the freezer, the electronics lock up, the check lanes or random shelves.. You would not believe how many days I find two or three MyDevices/PDA's.

I made this argument with my ETL: even if I sign out, there's no guarantee someone else will sign in before its lost again. Neither logging off nor signing out on paper protect against that.

Not quite sure what to make of this.

Not quite sure what to make of this.

Means, your in stock team needs to look at what is where and correct the on hand. Find what you got, and what you don't, In location isn't as important a total on hand.

Do you have 65 of that item in location? If yes - With that kind of difference I would bet on a MIS-pick.

Or are you sure it is saying 65 on the floor? Not that floor Capacity is 65? But you have 19 on hand?

Means, your in stock team needs to look at what is where and correct the on hand. Find what you got, and what you don't, In location isn't as important a total on hand.

Do you have 65 of that item in location? If yes - With that kind of difference I would bet on a MIS-pick.

Or are you sure it is saying 65 on the floor? Not that floor Capacity is 65? But you have 19 on hand?
65 on floor + none in back. 19 on hand.
The on hand is correct but the "on floor" is way wrong. The majority of items I scanned in entertainment were like this...

^^Ok that helps.. I would go to that location in the back and LOCU/M-Delete(your choice) that location and clear it out. Then find all on the floor and correct the on-hands. That should fix your issue, it will probably hit the drastic count so that needs to be pulled(can be pulled same day, but next day it will be there if it is going to hit the report), then rekey the number you are sure you have. That should fix your issue.

Entertainment check for shippers.. Every Tuesday we get one a spinner for check lanes so that can trip you up. We get them almost a week in advance.

It is one I would keep an eye on to see if you keep seeing things like this issue.

^^Ok that helps.. I would go to that location in the back and LOCU/M-Delete(your choice) that location and clear it out. Then find all on the floor and correct the on-hands. That should fix your issue, it will probably hit the drastic count so that needs to be pulled(can be pulled same day, but next day it will be there if it is going to hit the report), then rekey the number you are sure you have. That should fix your issue.

Entertainment check for shippers.. Every Tuesday we get one a spinner for check lanes so that can trip you up. We get them almost a week in advance.

It is one I would keep an eye on to see if you keep seeing things like this issue.
How can I LOCU the Backroom location if there is no backroom location? The on hand is 100% correct on this item. Have you got the capacity change update yet?

How can I LOCU the Backroom location if there is no backroom location? The on hand is 100% correct on this item. Have you got the capacity change update yet?

Sorry even I got confused for a second.. Ok no back room.. No capacity change in our store. I would love it to get it, but we can hardly keep a Mydevice connected to the network for more than 15min.. Depending on the MyDevice.

Your capacity or your total on the floor can say 65. If your total on hands is correct - then this is nothing to panic over. True it will never pull on a CAF round. But your total is correct. They probably used 65 as "This will work number" I see all kinds of screwed up numbers on POGs all the time.

Keeps reminding me of this:

Double-tap the home button,
Quit the app,
Trade your device for one with more than 20% charge,
Hold the power button until you get the power off slider,
Slide it, restart,
Try to connect to guest wifi then back to tcwireless,
Then press both the power button and home button until hard boot,
It works!!!!!! (Minute later doesn't work),
Hear the "sled disconnect" sound (ruh roh that's the death-knell for any scan-based work center),
Trade your device again,
Try to remove the app and download it again via SAM,
Then try all of the above again, with said new device. Over and over and over.

Sometimes it can take a full hour before everyone on my team is up and running. Just because of equipment.

Three.

Last edited:
It'd be great to have a "Top 5 WISH LIST" of things that'd be nice before the holidays.

Here's my wishlist
1) 'Quick scan mode' for labels and signs
2) A more adaptable search bar and/or spell check. ('Scotch Guard' should be able to find 'Scotchgard' the fabric spray) and the ability to paste would be useful.
3) Being able to remove things from a batch
4) Fix all signs to print as 3x3. There's some TPC signs that will only print as 3x5
5) Being able to print small and cosmetic labels.

Here's my wishlist
1) 'Quick scan mode' for labels and signs
2) A more adaptable search bar and/or spell check. ('Scotch Guard' should be able to find 'Scotchgard' the fabric spray) and the ability to paste would be useful.
3) Being able to remove things from a batch
4) Fix all signs to print as 3x3. There's some TPC signs that will only print as 3x5
5) Being able to print small and cosmetic labels.
There is an option to print other sized labels. When you tap print, go to "all options" and you can select from there.

Did you check the volume. I know I turn mine down a bit, still can hear it but much lower..

I've had the same problem and yes the volume was up.I checked all the settings trying to fix but couldn't get it.

Back