MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

We just received a WiFi upgrade on Monday and PDAs crashed Tuesday and the my devices can't connect to the WiFi the so called upgrade is worse then what we had before the 11 12 and 1 o'clock cafs rolled

We just received a WiFi upgrade on Monday and PDAs crashed Tuesday and the my devices can't connect to the WiFi the so called upgrade is worse then what we had before the 11 12 and 1 o'clock cafs rolled
Oh crap, we get ours sometime soon.... I saw something on REDwire.

I have it written down, plus a pic. He needs to just find one in his tinkering mess...we probably have five somewhere...

Oh crap, we get ours sometime soon.... I saw something on REDwire.
Network upgrade wasn't too bad for us. Don't think it changed anything for us though. Still the same wonky spots in the store.

They did our install in two days. The salesfloor was a on a non-truck day, unlike the back. Flow had to push-all a 2900 and autos took a while. Access points where pretty spotty at first but leveled out before lunch.

Did anyone else get the update where you have the option to change floor counts for items? If an item has no backroom locations, rather than having Fill From Stockroom grayed out, you can change the number of units you have on the sales floor (in None mode - in Research mode, it changes to Update OH Counts). Does adjusting the floor count have any effect on the OH?

I had to call about MD4 and MD6 errors last night/this morning. Couldn't sign in at all from 2ish am to 4am. Then the network went down. Then it came back up. Then the myDevices would randomly disconnect from tcwireless and wouldn't auto-join even though auto join was on. So then you had to manually reconnect. The myDevice would ask if you wanted to join the enterprise network, then not connect, then ask if you want to join the enterprise network again, and then it would finally connect. Then myWork would do the whole, please hold, sorry...thing. Then the myDevice would finally scan about 10 items max before starting this whole process over. This is unacceptable anytime, let alone during a remodel. I was trying to restock writing utensils after we had torn down the whole planogram and moved it an aisle over. Just ridiculous.

And of course it ended up being an error with Ping. Oracle server something or other I think...but why the hell are we still using Ping. It's always a ping error. Unreliable equipment, networks, and systems does not an efficient business make.

The mydevices went from good to basically fucking useless.

BOTH MD4 ERROR WE CANNOT COMPLETE YOUR REQUEST AT THIS TIME CONSTANTLY

I get the MD4 and MD3 errors. Usually outta the blue too. Scan an item, no issues. Scan another item, instant error. No standard resolution method though. Sometimes it's closing the app and reopening it. Sometimes it's turning the MyDevice off and on. Sometimes it's Power Cycling the device. Sometimes it's reinstalling MyWork. Whatever works to get the app working again.

Did anyone else get the update where you have the option to change floor counts for items? If an item has no backroom locations, rather than having Fill From Stockroom grayed out, you can change the number of units you have on the sales floor (in None mode - in Research mode, it changes to Update OH Counts). Does adjusting the floor count have any effect on the OH?
50 stores did.
It does not change OH unless you are in research mode. It just changes your "on floor" qty, so that when you get more of the product in it will be replenished to the floor correctly.
Research mode both changes your on hand and on floor qty

And of course it ended up being an error with Ping. Oracle server something or other I think...but why the hell are we still using Ping. It's always a ping error. Unreliable equipment, networks, and systems does not an efficient business make.

We just piloted the fallback plan for when Ping is down, or Pong as I like to call it. It's looking good, but not sure when we will enable it chain-wide just yet.

50 stores did.
It does not change OH unless you are in research mode. It just changes your "on floor" qty, so that when you get more of the product in it will be replenished to the floor correctly.

We just piloted the fallback plan for when Ping is down, or Pong as I like to call it. It's looking good, but not sure when we will enable it chain-wide just yet.
Just curious, what is this fallback plan and does it change anything other than how authentication is handled?

It's a completely different login/authentication, it'll look the same besides the "Ping" logo in the corner being removed. So it's pretty seamless to the user, so they won't likely even notice it.
Why keep Ping then? Or are you switching entirely

@OtherGuy I had a device today that chimed when the sled connected but it didn't beep when I scanned something. Is there a way to fix this? I know it's a minor issue but god is it annoying.

I'm digging the changes to the pchg/mywork since 32. Complicated, but bear with me...

We've been able to use "activate all" function a lot more often when a location is expanded on the task list - I thought it had been completely removed, but I think maybe the requirements were too strict. Saves a ton of time!

Also, LOVE the green check marks indicating an item has already been "activated" (aka dropped out) from a location. Handy, especially when activating things at the end -- If I can see a green check mark under "in back," I know we ticketed at least some in brwkld. Also, if I ticket a further on an end cap and the home location listed doesn't have a check mark, I know it hasn't been ticketed yet. Saves a ton of time/talking with team.

And thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for allowing us to sort "tomorrow's wkld" by type! Working ahead on certain days is necessary to completing on time. This is a huge help! Oh yeah, saves a ton of time! :)

It's hard to sell these additions when Ping is down half the time, but I know you're working on it. Thanks! @OtherGuy

Last edited:
@OtherGuy I had a device today that chimed when the sled connected but it didn't beep when I scanned something. Is there a way to fix this? I know it's a minor issue but god is it annoying.
We have one, too. I kept thinking the scanner would konk out so I'm over here scanning stuff six times thinking it's not working.

@OtherGuy

Having some issues with price change. On some days (about 5 times in past 2 months), scanning a clearance item won't clear it off the system. This goes for sales floor and backroom. For example, when it shows 32 items in the backroom, I scan everything and it still shows 32 counts. I'm like okay, I'll just activate it all on the myDevice. Nope, this 32 counts. But it works on the PDA just fine. Can you look into this?

Also, battery life when doing price change sucks bad. I have to ask other tm's to switch with me once it hits 20% at least twice a day.
We are having the same issus with price change and we have update 32

@OtherGuy

I have been getting the ticket error a lot on several different mydevices in my store. I usually fix this by re-downloading the app from SAM, but it is an annoying recurrence.

Also, I can no longer print signs from a PDA. As far as I know, the mydevices can only print signs from the current ad week. Occasionally I need to print next week's signs while I am prepping the ad. Would it be possible to add this feature in the future?

50 stores did.

So changing the floor count affects replenishment/the accumulator but not the OH? Sounds like OUTS and EXF on the PDAs in that even if the product was out of stock, it would still create an accumulator need for it (unlike Fill From Stockroom, which is limited to what you currently have located in the backroom).

or Pong as I like to call it.

:D

Sorry I've been gone for so long... I've been off fighting the epic battles of mySupport, RedWire, PULL, MyFA, MyGo, etc... and I'm back just for a bit and wanna say @OtherGuy - YOU ROCK!!! Thanks for being present out here CONSISTENTLY when so few others are!

I regret to report that I lost the battle of "PULL & myFA". In other words, those functions won't be coming to myDevice this year. BUT - the good news is they're coming to myDevice next year - for sure! :) MyWork will still get LOTS of tweaks (like green check marks and speed improvements in Price Change & a "fast scan" option in QMOS that acts like the PDA). MyGo will appear on myDevice soon (if it hasn't already). RedWire won't get much prettier... but minor enhancements (including sound changes) are coming. Last but not least, mySupport (and the "report issue" function in my Work) will get much more elaborate before the end of the year.

All this said, we can still probably sneak in a few minor enhancements right now. It'd be great to have a "Top 5 WISH LIST" of things that'd be nice before the holidays. (Obviously, #1 is for them to just e'ffing work...reliably -- and we're desperately still working on that. #2 is Battery Life- and we're working on that too). But is there anything else? What minor annoyances are out there that you want changed, fixed or added?

Last edited:
@OtherGuy

I have been getting the ticket error a lot on several different mydevices in my store. I usually fix this by re-downloading the app from SAM, but it is an annoying recurrence.

Also, I can no longer print signs from a PDA. As far as I know, the mydevices can only print signs from the current ad week. Occasionally I need to print next week's signs while I am prepping the ad. Would it be possible to add this feature in the future?

We need to be able to change label size as well. Being able to change from stand size to short is a must..

Sorry I've been gone for so long... I've been off fighting the epic battles of mySupport, RedWire, PULL, MyFA, MyGo, etc... and I'm back just for a bit and wanna say @OtherGuy - YOU ROCK!!! Thanks for being present out here CONSISTENTLY when so few others are!

I regret to report that I lost the battle of "PULL & myFA". In other words, those functions won't be coming to myDevice this year. BUT - the good news is they're coming to myDevice next year - for sure! :) MyWork will still get LOTS of tweaks (like green check marks and speed improvements in Price Change & a "fast scan" option in QMOS that acts like the PDA). MyGo will appear on myDevice soon (if it hasn't already). RedWire won't get much prettier... but minor enhancements (including sound changes) are coming. Last but not least, mySupport (and the "report issue" function in my Work) will get much more elaborate before the end of the year.

All this said, we can still probably sneak in a few minor enhancements right now. It'd be great to have a "Top 5 WISH LIST" of things that'd be nice before the holidays. (Obviously, #1 is for them to just e'ffing work...reliably -- and we're desperately still working on that. #2 is Battery Life- and we're working on that too). But is there anything else? What minor annoyances are out there that you want changed, fixed or added?

First, thank you @UIguy !

Reliability, # of devices per store when constantly in use, and battery life are at the top of the list. It sounds like Ping is being dealt with.

As for price change, the only thing I have to borrow a PDA for every day, AT LEAST once a day is outbound tracking. Any idea when this function could come to mydevices?

Back