MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

We lost the ability to update floor counts on many items. Not discontinued or anything. Any idea why that would happen?

We lost the ability to update floor counts on many items. Not discontinued or anything. Any idea why that would happen?
We noticed this today with 268 (ground beef specifically). We were shorted multiple cases last week, because our FDC is trash, and now we're out and can't lower the counts.

Food has gone to hell since they stopped letting us order. HQ auto fill is a terrible idea.

We noticed this today with 268 (ground beef specifically). We were shorted multiple cases last week, because our FDC is trash, and now we're out and can't lower the counts.

Food has gone to hell since they stopped letting us order. HQ auto fill is a terrible idea.
You can't research your on hand counts down or you can't change the SFQ? 2 different things and replenishment from FDC is based off of on hands. At least that's my understanding.

You can't research your on hand counts down or you can't change the SFQ? 2 different things and replenishment from FDC is based off of on hands. At least that's my understanding.
Oh sorry I assumed mrknownothing meant on hands. We can't adjust the on hands down.

Oh sorry I assumed mrknownothing meant on hands. We can't adjust the on hands down.
Well that's because it's over $100. It becomes a drastic count change. Have 2 different TM's (different employee #'s) zero it out one after the other. That bypasses it going on the drastic count report which would then need to be worked, which never seems to happen in a timely fashion.

Well that's because it's over $100. It becomes a drastic count change. Have 2 different TM's (different employee #'s) zero it out one after the other. That bypasses it going on the drastic count report which would then need to be worked, which never seems to happen in a timely fashion.
Filter is $300 now, but we've had multiple team members try every day this week.

Seriously though, does anyone know how to decrease the on-hand count? I only have the option to increase it. I'm mostly concerned with food items so I can probably just QMOS it if I get frustrated enough, but that can't be the right way to do it.

EDIT: I guess I probably had the option to lower it when I first changed the count, so I just need to do that. But can you go back and lower it if you make a mistake the first time?

Last edited:
You can only add after you do a research scan. You have to wait until the next day to make any further updates to zero something out.

Too deep, too tight, no outside pocket for me to put a pen/box cutter. Do not like.

Your knife should not be in the holster. You may never leave it there but I am one of many who has been cut reaching in the bin for a holster. Sorry I think that is great deletion in the new design.

Your knife should not be in the holster. You may never leave it there but I am one of many who has been cut reaching in the bin for a holster. Sorry I think that is great deletion in the new design.

See, but what I do is bend the top of the box cutter so it's basically permanently stuck closed unless I bend it back to open it.

Also I take them out of the holster when I put it back so

See, but what I do is bend the top of the box cutter so it's basically permanently stuck closed unless I bend it back to open it.

I put it in backwards so the blade barely sticks out at all and then I can safely keep it in my pocket.

Your credit has been used up by people who don't care. A deleted pocket fixes that problem. Take issue with your careless co-workers, not the designer.

I just have to say I love your usernames and how they are so similar! @UIguy @OtherGuy @AnotherGuy @mobileFellow . Thank you guys (past and present) for your help with the myDevices!
You're most certainly welcome. I'd like to echo @OtherGuy's sentiment about the latest software update as it was the last one either of us had anything to do with. Before leaving, a few of us crafted a list of 40+ ideas and enhancements for myDevice, so hopefully those will see the light of day over the next year. I see that @AnotherGuy & @mobileFellow are already running with the torch here; so, the very best of luck to you all! :)

Back