MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Always thought Target was crazy for using a consumer mp3 player device for their go to PDA.

The Motorola devices were so much better - interchangeable battery packs,etc.

And durable. I have used the new LPDA-version that one Home Improvement store has before I left, so so envious of them right now. It can do a lot more, fast and easy to use. It can be used as a walkie, a PA, and as a phone. We can look up items on the online store. It can tell me where in the store an item is located.

Last edited:
@mobilelady @mobileFellow @AnotherGuy is there a way this can be incorporated into the label function? I still find myself using a PDA when I need to change the size of a label to what I need, not what's preprogrammed. This can be used on any items label. I posted this earlier in the thread a long time ago.
View attachment 1798

We don't have plans to add in all label options because most are just not used very often. We do have an enhancement to add short labels for all items though...other than that, the label is set up based on what the POG requires for labels. Is there something else you're missing for printing labels?

Cannot emphasize this enough! Bonus points if it can be incorporated into the PDA on the Instocks tab of Item search.

I'll add this suggestion to our backlog.

This would make life so much better.

Pull won't be done in 2016 for numerous reasons (trust me, we have pushed for this functionality!). Maybe when we roll out the next gen myDevice in 2017 we will do pull but no guarantees.

And durable. I have used the new LPDA-version that one Home Improvement store has before I left, so so envious of them right now. It can do a lot more, fast and easy to use. It can be used as a walkie, a PA, and as a phone. We can look up items on the online store. It can tell me where in the store an item is located.
Home Depot's devices have been able to do all those things for two devices now. The old gen LPDA they had before us and now the Samsung devices. Prior to that they had to carry a walkie, phone and PDA. Talk about a PITA. They also had nicer holders for the LPDAs that clipped over the top to keep them from falling out of the pouch. Miss those so much.

The LPDAs we used had a phone feature, it just wasn't activated. Complete waste of a device to not utilize the useful features. I would love to get new Motorolas with the phone and walkie features turned on. At least then the equipment we have would allow us to have full capability to help any guest at any time.

Is there anything that can be done about the horrible wifi issues for MyDevices in the coolers/freezers? My PMT already had the connections boosted (?) which didn't help. The PDA's work fine in there but to get your hands on one is quite difficult.

We don't have plans to add in all label options because most are just not used very often. We do have an enhancement to add short labels for all items though...other than that, the label is set up based on what the POG requires for labels. Is there something else you're missing for printing labels?
The options for short labels would be great! Honestly I don't have to change to a small label often but still.

*Dont think this has been asked*
What about printing 3x5's from the printers? Can we add this to the my devices? Oooooooorrr BACK to the pda? Why was this function taken away?

*Dont think this has been asked*
What about printing 3x5's from the printers? Can we add this to the my devices? Oooooooorrr BACK to the pda? Why was this function taken away?
You can print 3 by 5 signs from the signing. Search hq signs with pog number or 5 digits of the dpci. It will list all items in that dept & class.

@mobilelady also if you hit activate in auto print is automatically prints a ticket. Which if that item is a Final markdown it now told the system I found one and the count is updated to 1. Maybe a "not found" button too. or a "just kidding, oops" button. I guess it's easy to take yourself out of auto print but when you forget, and the item is a final it sucks to tell the system I found one on accident.

If the count is equal or less than 0, auto-print should not print unless your physically scan the item or key it in. So if the counts are equal or less than 0, the count will update as 0. But if the item is found and scanned later, then the count will update again.

Cannot emphasize this enough! Bonus points if it can be incorporated into the PDA on the Instocks tab of Item search.

I've added this into our backlog. Maybe the April release?

REALLY miss the "unknown label" feature. Any chance of seeing this again?

This was going to be part of our mobile POG (OLP) work on myDevice but that just got deprioritized so it probably won't happen this year.

Maybe when we roll out the next gen myDevice in 2017 we will do pull but no guarantees.
What? New myDevices? Please tell me they are getting rid of Honeywell Sleds

IMO myDevices are great its just the sleds that are complete shit once you get used to using them they work great.

Only thing I dont like about them is

It was added back to the PDAs. I printed 3x5s the other day. Have you tried, lately?
Not in the last week or 2, but yeah. @signingminion my only problem with running it through the computer is IF you need a 3x5 and it is on any kind of sale or TPC you can't make a 3x5. You could USUALLY bypass that with a portable. And sometimes even when u scan a generic it still won't come through the computer. But it will go through the portable. I keep getting yelled at for 3x5's missing but I can't print them when they are on perminant TPC. And no white copy available.

Not in the last week or 2, but yeah. @signingminion my only problem with running it through the computer is IF you need a 3x5 and it is on any kind of sale or TPC you can't make a 3x5. You could USUALLY bypass that with a portable. And sometimes even when u scan a generic it still won't come through the computer. But it will go through the portable. I keep getting yelled at for 3x5's missing but I can't print them when they are on perminant TPC. And no white copy available.
That's the point I hand it off to the tl fir that area. Mostly cause she's a bitch. Whine about the keurig displays three weeks running and I give up. I printed them twice a week trying to get around the fourth quarter tpc.

That's the point I hand it off to the tl fir that area. Mostly cause she's a bitch. Whine about the keurig displays three weeks running and I give up. I printed them twice a week trying to get around the fourth quarter tpc.
Yeah doesn't work with me. And we don't have enough TL to pass off to....

Yeah doesn't work with me. And we don't have enough TL to pass off to....
I've only got three for sf: Ctl/a/b, c/d/e/f, softlines. But if I tried the easy way abd it didn't work I give up. I'm not even sure I could locate 3x5 rolls. Maybe I should order some.

I've only got three for sf: Ctl/a/b, c/d/e/f, softlines. But if I tried the easy way abd it didn't work I give up. I'm not even sure I could locate 3x5 rolls. Maybe I should order some.
1 for a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h which is is a sr TL :confused:

Again, go under search for hq signs on the signing computer, you can print the 3 by 5 signs, under "white" signs, watch you dates. The dpci is entered manually & not using a my device, at all.

Is there a chance we could know what is being prioritized this year to know what new features or improvements we can relay to our store teams?

I can't give you exact specifics because our team is drastically changing in the next couple of months which will (negatively) impact the amount of stuff we can do this year. The priorities right now for myDevice are 1) stability 2) adding sales info by SPL. Pull and some other replenishment functions (myFA) are a maybe for later this year but no guarantees. We are a "keep the lights on" priority for the company so with that said, not too much new stuff will come this year. :-( Makes me sad.

What? New myDevices? Please tell me they are getting rid of Honeywell Sleds

IMO myDevices are great its just the sleds that are complete shit once you get used to using them they work great.

Only thing I dont like about them is

Yes! I saw the test device yesterday in action. No honeywell sled- it's actually all one piece of equipment so no disconnects can physically happen which is awesome! It's an Android (from Motorola) that has a larger, very crisp screen. It also has a switchable battery. This will likely be in test stores in the next few months once all the app bugs are ironed out for Android use.

Back