MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

FYI, if you can relay the fact that this REALLY is a much-missed function, I'd be in your debt.

There are many times I have to go back to the signing PC and print an entire sheet (or three) of a POG just to get the ONE (...or more) missing labels in an aisle. And in a state where Spot just lost literally millions of dollars due to a lawsuit regarding prices in-store... Yikes!

Being able to quickly find an location's missing item and its price really would be greatly appreciated.

Also--very nervous now to hear about the upcoming android devices! Can't believe we'll be using such old tech in place of the already consumer-oriented and (somewhat) dated iPods. Does this suggest a shift away from Apple device's on Spots behalf? GS/Registry/Baby iPads, iPods... PMT iPad... Would seem to make sense to keep it all in the same system! I liked the idea of having iPad price scanners to, though I liked the windows version better from the looks of it!

Really not looking forward to switching to Android, especially with as small a screen as those devices appear to use. Would much prefer something as large as the iPhones 6+, as guests can then more easily see the item we've pulled up for them/look at Target.com on our devices more easily with them!

Thanks for all the info!
To reprint 1 aisle labels on a my device, use other options under print or signs choice

FYI, if you can relay the fact that this REALLY is a much-missed function, I'd be in your debt.

There are many times I have to go back to the signing PC and print an entire sheet (or three) of a POG just to get the ONE (...or more) missing labels in an aisle. And in a state where Spot just lost literally millions of dollars due to a lawsuit regarding prices in-store... Yikes!

Being able to quickly find an location's missing item and its price really would be greatly appreciated.

Also--very nervous now to hear about the upcoming android devices! Can't believe we'll be using such old tech in place of the already consumer-oriented and (somewhat) dated iPods. Does this suggest a shift away from Apple device's on Spots behalf? GS/Registry/Baby iPads, iPods... PMT iPad... Would seem to make sense to keep it all in the same system! I liked the idea of having iPad price scanners to, though I liked the windows version better from the looks of it!

Really not looking forward to switching to Android, especially with as small a screen as those devices appear to use. Would much prefer something as large as the iPhones 6+, as guests can then more easily see the item we've pulled up for them/look at Target.com on our devices more easily with them!

Thanks for all the info!
The MC40 actually has a larger screen than the iPods. I love Apple products as much as the next fanboy-everything I own tech wise is Apple-but new software with old hardware and crappy scanning sleds are not helping. One of our iPods is running iOS9 and it's terrible. I'm not big on Android. I've never used something so complicated but if it works then what choice do we have?

Is there an estimate of how long roll out will take?

I don't have any info on the rollout as nothing has officially been decided on the actual device yet. That should be decided in the next couple of months. Let's just say there's a "lean" towards Android for various reasons. Yes, the MC40 that you pictured is similar to the one we're playing with. I think it's a Symbol though.

I don't have any info on the rollout as nothing has officially been decided on the actual device yet. That should be decided in the next couple of months. Let's just say there's a "lean" towards Android for various reasons. Yes, the MC40 that you pictured is similar to the one we're playing with. I think it's a Symbol though.

I am not a corporate Lawyer, but I am guessing the various reasons are Leverage and Contract.

My god if they worked as phones too..

To reprint 1 aisle labels on a my device, use other options under print or signs choice
I think they are referring to missing labels on an empty spot in a planogram. We used to have the unknown label function, which resolved that very easily.

How do I print a SF location label using a myDevice and portable printer?

I think they are referring to missing labels on an empty spot in a planogram. We used to have the unknown label function, which resolved that very easily.

How do I print a SF location label using a myDevice and portable printer?
As in like A7, A8, A9? Type in the search bar desired aisle number, hit "see promo signs" scroll to the bottom and touch "print aisle barcode" honestly I wish printing the aisle number was on the first screen and not having to scroll down a list--sometimes very long--just to print it

As in like A7, A8, A9? Type in the search bar desired aisle number, hit "see promo signs" scroll to the bottom and touch "print aisle barcode" honestly I wish printing the aisle number was on the first screen and not having to scroll down a list--sometimes very long--just to print it

This. Just make sure you're connected to a portable printer first so it doesn't start an unnecessary label batch.

This. Just make sure you're connected to a portable printer first so it doesn't start an unnecessary label batch.
The good thing is we can delete labels & signs. I use the labels to pull things from home locations as a "salesfloor batch" to fill end caps instead of going back and forth scanning every out item.

To be clear I meant printing an unknown label, where on the PDA you could scan a label prior to, and after the label that had been missing. :)
I never knew u could print an unknown label! That would be cool!
But usually the labels that don't print are one of 2 things in my experience, 1) they are clearance or 2) NOF, which can be easily fixed and reprinted. The other needs a red clearance tab. I missed several pages of the feed so I hope I didn't jump in and confuse things!

I'm not big on Android.

For the record, in advance. I am not a fan of crapple... no actualy I DEPISE THE COMPANY AND ITS PRODUCTS with the heat of 10000000000000 suns! Can't stand crapple.

I've never used something so complicated but if it works then what choice do we have?

Complicated!! Android?? :eek: :eek:

Please do tell how it is complicated....

You want to talk minding numbing annoying... what the hell are you supposed to do with these things when there is only ONE (1) ONE BUTTON!!! Where is the back the home... talk about complicated and annoying.. CRAPPLE!

I personally would rather stick to the MCS9200 PDA's. even if it is running just as inferior OS. but if the devices bring VOIP iow, phones to ALL TM(s) and its not crapple, then I am all for it...

You can still find unknown labels using a pda, I think. They (pda)
are usually in the backroom, though.
That still takes just as much time as getting on a computer and looking up the planogram to get 1 label. It's way too time consuming.

Not anywhere close to as long, IMO. You just hit unknown label.
I mean walking from your location, to wherever you keep PDAs, and then back again to scan and make the label, and then back to the equipment cabinet again to put away your PDA.
Let's save time and be efficient by putting the function on the device our sales floor teams actually use.

I mean walking from your location, to wherever you keep PDAs, and then back again to scan and make the label, and then back to the equipment cabinet again to put away your PDA.
Let's save time and be efficient by putting the function on the device our sales floor teams actually use.
That was my original request. My comment referred to conversation that followed that.

Back