MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

The MC9200s could run Android, but instead we got Windows ME. :(

Since they already had the image for the PDA's changing OS was not going to happen. MC9200 on Android would be the route I would go if you have another solution to the VOIP issue..

The MC40 is a good choice..

Android!

PTT = replaces the radios, although considering the issues some here have using a simple radio....

VOIP = Every TM gets a phone. FRO sends calls direct to them!

Although when you have a single device, that is a single point of failure (BAD) ... and since we are so skimpy with the allocation of devices to stores now.... having enough for the store, and SPARES.... including during Q4... well we can guess how that goes.

BUT...

having a PDA, a phone, and the continued use of the CLS1410 radios is a cost per device, but eliminates the single point of failure. (GOOD) ..But still the device count stingyness is still an issue.

I mean walking from your location, to wherever you keep PDAs, and then back again to scan and make the label, and then back to the equipment cabinet again to put away your PDA.
Let's save time and be efficient by putting the function on the device our sales floor teams actually use.

Same for reporting empty packages.

For the record, in advance. I am not a fan of crapple... no actualy I DEPISE THE COMPANY AND ITS PRODUCTS with the heat of 10000000000000 suns! Can't stand crapple.

Complicated!! Android?? :eek: :eek:

Please do tell how it is complicated....

You want to talk minding numbing annoying... what the hell are you supposed to do with these things when there is only ONE (1) ONE BUTTON!!! Where is the back the home... talk about complicated and annoying.. CRAPPLE!

I personally would rather stick to the MCS9200 PDA's. even if it is running just as inferior OS. but if the devices bring VOIP iow, phones to ALL TM(s) and its not crapple, then I am all for it...
You swip from the right edge of the screen to go back or hit the back arrow within the app itself.

@mobilelady

I'm loving the new image feature under price change, however there are some issues and room for improvement:

1. BUG: When you scan a clearance item while an image is still open. It gets stuck on a number pad and is hard to exit out.
2. If there's no image for an item, don't show the image link/text. At least half the stuff I open says no image. This will save me some time/hassle.
3. When trying to close the image, make the "X" bigger. It's so tiny.
4. Please change all the blue text. Blue on black is not easy to see, especially when I'm dimming brightness to save battery. Maybe a cyan color like the background color when you connect a printer.

If anyone has run into issues where it seems like a myDevice has just stopped charging (charge indicator won't blink green when in charger) you might want to try something.
When the device is in the charger if you hold down both scan buttons for about 5 seconds or so you should see the indicator flash orange briefly. There is a good chance it will start charging again after this. We have been seeing some success with it. It seems like this reboots the sled as opposed to just hard resetting the iPod. Let me know if this works for anyone.

If anyone has run into issues where it seems like a myDevice has just stopped charging (charge indicator won't blink green when in charger) you might want to try something.
When the device is in the charger if you hold down both scan buttons for about 5 seconds or so you should see the indicator flash orange briefly. There is a good chance it will start charging again after this. We have been seeing some success with it. It seems like this reboots the sled as opposed to just hard resetting the iPod. Let me know if this works for anyone.
Didn't know that. Def. will try!

You swip from the right edge of the screen to go back or hit the back arrow within the app itself.

You may know that if you use crapple.. I never touched the things till these were foisted on us...

Android has a nice clear BIG ARROW for back, and a button for home, and menu... Nice big buttons that clearly indicate what to do. Thats why the MC9200's are better... KEYBOARDS! :)

Those of us with big fingers can't use those )(*^*&^&*% OSK's... annoying as anything.

You may know that if you use crapple.. I never touched the things till these were foisted on us...

Android has a nice clear BIG ARROW for back, and a button for home, and menu... Nice big buttons that clearly indicate what to do. Thats why the MC9200's are better... KEYBOARDS! :)

Those of us with big fingers can't use those )(*^*&^&*% OSK's... annoying as anything.
I'm surprised you didn't since you seem to know everything else.

This worked on two MyDevices that we could not get to charge. The sleds began charging immediately and the iPods turned on once they were sufficiently charged. Once I got new certificates pushed to them from the CSC, the MyDevices worked fine throughout the day.

Last edited:
@mobilelady
pricing Issues:
when activating an item in a division with negative on hand counts it jumps you out of the division and into the first aisle location in the list. You then have to swipe back up, re-select the division and continue activating the stuff.
The activate all feature is cool, but we want to make sure we found everything..

The keyboard/screen gets stuck when scanning while viewing a picture. Can you make it to where you can't scan when the picture is up or just find a way for the keyboard to not freeze up.

Liking:
-The OH counts in the full task list

-Its not kicking us into the BR workload constantly anymore

-being able to see a picture of that elusive item you're looking for.

-being able to see negative counts instead of seeing 0. When you have an item that's 10 on hand and another similar item that's -10 on hand you can assume one was counted wrong and activate them both. I've driven myself nuts looking for an item with a count and then having a similar item with a "0" count (which was it's negative equivalent in reality it just showed 0).
-----

Question though, in "what's new" it says that we can now salvage NOF items.. how can you do this? I haven't been able to figure it out and I have some pretty annoying things that are marked down really low I would like to get rid of.

Can we get the sled charging the iPod fixed? Or a work in progress to figure out what's really wrong. Our iPods are constantly dying because the sled don't charge the iPod anymore unless you force close the app and relaunch and evidently that's too hard for my team to figure out even though I've explained it to them. @mobileFellow @mobilelady

Last edited:
@mobilelady
pricing Issues:
when activating an item in a division with negative on hand counts it jumps you out of the division and into the first aisle location in the list. You then have to swipe back up, re-select the division and continue activating the stuff.

The keyboard/screen gets stuck when scanning while viewing a picture. Can you make it to where you can't scan when the picture is up or just find a way for the keyboard to not freeze up.

Question though, in "what's new" it says that we can now salvage NOF items.. how can you do this? I haven't been able to figure it out and I have some pretty annoying things that are marked down really low I would like to get rid of.

The negative on-hand issue where it jumps you to the first aisle location will be fixed with the April release. We aren't actually fixing this issue directly, but what we're doing is auto-activating all <=0 on-hand price changes (with exception of competitive markup/downs and label work). So you won't see any clearance workload with <=0 on-hands anymore. This is projected to save about 2 hours of price change workload a week on average! :)

I've added a defect for the keyboard freezing issue.

The "what's new" stuff was published before we actually knew what was able to be delivered...and this was something that wasn't able to be delivered due to issues with inventory accounting not being able to get credit for these items. The system just won't allow it the way it's set up right now. So unfortunately we need to go back to the drawing board with this one.

The negative on-hand issue where it jumps you to the first aisle location will be fixed with the April release. We aren't actually fixing this issue directly, but what we're doing is auto-activating all <=0 on-hand price changes (with exception of competitive markup/downs and label work). So you won't see any clearance workload with <=0 on-hands anymore. This is projected to save about 2 hours of price change workload a week on average! :)

I've added a defect for the keyboard freezing issue.

The "what's new" stuff was published before we actually knew what was able to be delivered...and this was something that wasn't able to be delivered due to issues with inventory accounting not being able to get credit for these items. The system just won't allow it the way it's set up right now. So unfortunately we need to go back to the drawing board with this one.

Thanks for your quick response. It really is appreciated.

Been suggesting this since @OtherGuy was here! They don't seem to understand how useful that function was!
Am I being used as a measure of time now? I feel like Jesus with BC and AD, this might go to my head ;)

We are a "keep the lights on" priority for the company so with that said, not too much new stuff will come this year. :-( Makes me sad.
Yuck :(

Is my MyDevice possessed? It's not on a charger.. I was down to the 20% warnings. Have never seen this happen before, they always just die.

Attachments

• 1459433537797-532185196.jpg
    1459433537797-532185196.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Is my MyDevice possessed? It's not on a charger.. I was down to the 20% warnings. Have never seen this happen before, they always just die.
That was changed in one of the latest updates. The iPod can charge from the sled if it is low on battery.

From my experience, you can close the MyWork app and reopen it to start/end the charging once you get below 20%. As far as I know, you do need to close and reopen the MyWork app once the iPod is sufficiently charged or the iPod will keep drawing power from the sled.

That was changed in one of the latest updates. The iPod can charge from the sled if it is low on battery.

From my experience, you can close the MyWork app and reopen it to start/end the charging once you get below 20%. As far as I know, you do need to close and reopen the MyWork app once the iPod is sufficiently charged or the iPod will keep drawing power from the sled.
You are correct. I'm unsure if this was intentional or not. Never got a solid answer... but as long as it doesn't die on me it's whatever.

Mine will attempt to turn on but then it just dies again

Back