MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I do it all the time. It is my preferred method of getting product out to the floor (that should have been out already, but is not due to inaccurate SFQs for some reason) so I can focus elsewhere while the replenishment does what it was designed for.
I'm coaxing the system to work, lol. But yeah I'll rack up a batch and Delete.

The key word being could. If not for the crappy network infrastructure, unreliable sleds, and poor battery life (not to mention you can't change the battery, the whole device has to be charged), they'd be excellent. But they're designed for consumer use; they're not meant to handle everything we do.
I fully agree with this. They are by design a consumer entertainment device, they are not a durable retail work device. They are a pain in the ass if anything. Why must I wait a full 2-3 seconds every time I wake the thing up in order to scan? And roughly 25% of the time, the scanner doesn't work at all and I have to use the camera.

Does anyone else get annoyed with the how short the laser range is to scan something?
I'm fine with it, and it is far from the more annoying aspects of the damn things. On an eight hour shift today I had to swap out five times. Thank goodness it was Sunday when we have no trucks and more were available to swap out.

when we have no trucks
I would kill for a day without a truck. My store takes a GM truck every. single. day. Plus a Pfresh truck 4 days a week.

I've never had a problem with the laser on our mydevices. They're not the PDA quality lasers, but they can get the job done.

I would kill for a day without a truck. My store takes a GM truck every. single. day. Plus a Pfresh truck 4 days a week.

I've never had a problem with the laser on our mydevices. They're not the PDA quality lasers, but they can get the job done.

That is exactly my point. When I go to pull something I have to get so damn close to taking a tumble off a ladder.

We have missed you. @OtherGuy. Did you get a new job?

Yes I have been happily employed for some time now, thanks for asking! I'm doing very similar work just at a company the fraction of the size and in a different industry, so it's been a great learning experience. Unfortunately we don't have have any awesome communities for our product like "The Breakroom" for me to interact with, but I stay plenty busy as it is :)

Please tell me there's a way to disable the scanner noise. My ears are super sensitive to certain sounds and this new scanner beep is driving me insane. Not even an hour into my shift and I'm losing it :confused:

I like it better than the whiny beep one. Though sometimes the two battle it out for a bit before the new one wins.

@mobileFellow @mobilelady so I've been wondering if this could be implemented on the myDevices as a little addition or at least added to the second generation myDevices as a feature. I used to use this a lot when we had NOP on the PDA, since that is gone the only other is Item Search on the PDA, but since I do not use one barely at all its hard to see this. I could be one in a million that uses this, but sometimes i would like to see what new location things would be moving to on future pogs/revs, especially if things need to be sorted before hand. I know that you can see future locations on things that have been pre-tied, but not everything is, so i was wondering if something this rough Paint sketch I drew up could be implemented to see all future locations on future planograms. Below are two options, one gives the POG number and location that is grayed out, or one where it doesn't clog the screen if there are multiple future locations where you hit "X more..." to view the grayed out locations & POG numbers and once its tied then it goes away, but if you have something better than feel free to tell!
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 11.16.20 PM.png

@mobileFellow @mobilelady so I've been wondering if this could be implemented on the myDevices as a little addition or at least added to the second generation myDevices as a feature. I used to use this a lot when we had NOP on the PDA, since that is gone the only other is Item Search on the PDA, but since I do not use one barely at all its hard to see this. I could be one in a million that uses this, but sometimes i would like to see what new location things would be moving to on future pogs/revs, especially if things need to be sorted before hand. I know that you can see future locations on things that have been pre-tied, but not everything is, so i was wondering if something this rough Paint sketch I drew up could be implemented to see all future locations on future planograms. Below are two options, one gives the POG number and location that is grayed out, or one where it doesn't clog the screen if there are multiple future locations where you hit "X more..." to view the grayed out locations & POG numbers and once its tied then it goes away, but if you have something better than feel free to tell!
View attachment 2093
The system itself doesn't have the info. Plano does it manually based on an adjacency that we either have or are being sent prior to the pogs arrival. You need to get your Plano lead to pretie it or learn to pretie it yourself.

View attachment 2093
This would also be a fabulous feature for revisions & such when doing ad prep! To know exactly which pog location it's going to and not guessing!

Fair, but why could NOP do that on future POGs & REVs that were not pre-tied. I know NOP has been gone for a while but I know I'm not crazy in what I saw because I used it frequently.

Is this not the same thing on the PDA? Can the myDevice not pull the same information. This is not pre-tied.
View attachment 2099

The myDevice gives you this information already. On the second page you access after scanning an item and then tapping on its name, when you scroll down it lists all current planograms and all future planograms. It gives you the POG number, the pre-tied location if it exists, and the capacity.

My store has been using this to at the very least sort transition by POG # for months now.

On mydecice, Pog list is only 2 weeks out. I have to Ck on a pda for the time frame on Pog list.
Another source of info on workbench, is ptm at a glance. It gives at least a month of info for ptms & transitions.

Back