MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

My Zebra kept opening and closing an app (the launcher?) every time I went to the home screen today. It just seemed to slow it down a lot.

Also, does anyone have any Zebras that say "Verizon Wireless" on the top left? I thought maybe it was supposed to be used with the devices that have the card reader attachment, but this one was a plain looking Zebra.
We have 2 units used for my go, when the guest wants to order online.

hey does anyone know why Price Match app requires a second sign in? like if i sign into mygo i'm in workbench, but not price match.

gatekeeper is a crappy program that only occasionally does single sign on correctly
If I open every app I'll need at the beginning of the day, they'll usually stay logged in for 8 hours. Not always though...

But what it will do without fail is log me out after 8 hours, which is super helpful when I still have 30 minutes left in my shift.

There has to be a way to reverse engineer QR codes, right?
There is. We have panhandlers who don't want to be arrested for panhandling so they walk on the curbs carrying cardboard signs with Donate and QR code with goes to an account they have. Its fucked up but awesome. Police got so pissed at them that they had construction change the highway landings to a type of stone you can't stand on all day so no one stands there.

Hm. What would happen if you audit something to 0 and the item shows up in reshop cart or some random spot? In a more general sense, does it mess anything up if the actual on hand is more than the on hand listed in the system? I see that all the time--0 or 1 on hand and I've just zoned a half dozen of them or something like that.

I'm not sure, but you can just audit it again as there is no delay or time lock on how many times you can do it.
What happens if someone does it on a major set, zeroing out a bunch of items that are actually staged in the steel? I can see that happening at my store, and nobody is going to go out of their way to fix it.

Honestly couldn't tell you. There might be limits later but for now it doesn't matter. The worst issue is when having to INF FOR SFS. I used to only wait 15-20 minutes after a batchcomplete for the OH to go back up. Now it's ~4 hours if the DPCI has been in a OPU/SFS batch.
It always seems to be inconsistent how long it takes to drop back in. It can be 2 minutes or 2 days, or never.

myWork 2.0 Spotted!
Funnily enough, ordering items and tieing items/pogs actually opens an entirely different (sub)app called mywork-tie/mywork-order.

View attachment 4584 View attachment 4585 View attachment 4586
View attachment 4588
can pog numbers out the store?
Cool! Looks like they’ve taken a little bit of inspiration from the Target app. Are there any new or removed features? Since doing research is being replaced by Audit, I’m guessing that’s gone from myWork?

I’ve dug back through this thread to post images of stuff I’d like to see in myWork 2.0. I used them frequently when only had PDAs. I don’t know if any developers are still on here, but I’d like you take take this into consideration & pass it along.
1. The old label options that were on the PDA. I dislike the label options since the myDevice inception.
53488FC7-7281-4E8A-B252-78E49A2EC3F8.jpeg
2. Putting future location and POG # on the main screen? Especially to see future locations without tying if needed.
0AB17517-F998-4C5F-AB61-BD823237E4AC.png
693354AA-103E-4BAB-9670-AD123369744A.jpeg

Attachments

• 1FFC5E89-566C-445C-861B-420811751883.png
    1FFC5E89-566C-445C-861B-420811751883.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 9
I imagine it’s a early beta. Looks like a lot of stuff is grayed because it may not be available yet(?)
I worry that they're trying to restrict what you can do in myWork by your position. In which case, our SFS would be screwed without the ability to research items to 0 that are INF.

I update quantities when I see them, if they're clearly off. Like, if it shows 1 on the floor, 0 in back and 5 on hand, and there are 5 on the shelf, I'll update the quantity to 5.

Generally if I can tell that unaccounted for on-hands are sitting in front of me on the floor, I will update quantities. I figure that can only help people somewhere along the line. If it says there are 6 on the floor and I only see 1, I don't usually update those, because there might be some in a cart somewhere (pull, customer cart, SFS) or maybe I'll find them if I keep zoning, but if the device is showing fewer items on the floor than I can see in front of me, I update that.

Is there any point to updating the quantity of an item if you're not in research or whatever
When we research items to 0 we do it in Research so it actually goes thru. I think updating the SFQ makes it pull more from the back if there's some of the item located in back and it thinks the floor doesn't need any more, we do it when we're setting pogs sometimes so that outs caused by that are taken care of.

Oh great, more apps...

And I'm pretty sure pog numbers are the same across the board. But I think I recall someone at a DC looking up a store based on a DPCI, on-hands, and delivery dates.
Right, i feel like we are going back to where everything has its own app.

For those wondering why it takes so long to change (1 on hand), my store is piloting an app titled 'Audit'. It's meant as a replacement for Research. We are not allowed to use research for anything except RIGs. When you audit pog locations for items, the (x on hand) is updated immediately for the store and Target.com. Seems to be working fine for us except it's extremely slow atm, and locks the scanner pretty often.
sums up my thoughts.

Back