MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

No. Why? We had one malfunction and lock its log in to Target Guest wifi. None of the apps other than Browser work on it.
Because what's the point of having a device connected to Verizon Wireless if it doesn't connect any internal apps? Doesn't make sense to pay for a service that can't be used.

Just searching needs to be updated to match target app. Searching in my work is painful

Agreed! If a guest doesn't already have the item up on their phone, I look it up on mine to get the DPCI so I can check actual location & backstock.

Here the zebras are already logged into target.com. If I can scan the barcode or have the dpci, I touch "find elsewhere" (or whatever the exact wording is) and then I touch the picture of the item and it pulls it up in target.com. If I don't have either I use target.com for the search since the search engine is more forgiving and I get better pictures of the item. That way I'm not burning up my phone battery, nor am I risking dropping it when I'm taking it out or putting it back in my pocket.

The part I don’t get about how bad myWork is, is that I’m fairly certain it’s the same group that develops he Target iOS and Android apps, which are excellent at what they do.

Cause no one actually asked the stores what they needed and when it was launched half the shit we needed weren't even thought of so its been one "bug fix" after another.

Cause no one actually asked the stores what they needed and when it was launched half the shit we needed weren't even thought of so its been one "bug fix" after another.

But you can already scan almost anything to do almost everything!!! :p

The best part is when you’re trying to scan an item and it just repeatedly reloads the “Do just about everything by scanning almost anything” screen.

I feel like that is a zebra thing. Scanner doesn’t work on any apps.
Yeah, from what I can tell it seems like the apps have to trigger the scanner to enable itself, and that sometimes fails to happen. So when it doesn't work, you have to restart the apps to try again.

I'd just like the zebras to be able to do defects and pull batches so that I don't have to hunt down a pda.
My store has 40 myDevices, and that's still not enough. And the PDAs are so bad. I'd bet we'll see an update with defectives soon, because the Move rollout is supposed to resume this quarter so we can pull batches. PDAs are being killed off, just not as fast as I hoped :p

Yeah, from what I can tell it seems like the apps have to trigger the scanner to enable itself, and that sometimes fails to happen. So when it doesn't work, you have to restart the apps to try again.

My store has 40 myDevices, and that's still not enough. And the PDAs are so bad. I'd bet we'll see an update with defectives soon, because the Move rollout is supposed to resume this quarter so we can pull batches. PDAs are being killed off, just not as fast as I hoped :p
I don't understand how 40 people in a store would need a myDevice at any single time and that not be enough. Sounds like a lot of people grabbing one just for the hell of it, when they don't really need one, leaving the people who actually require one to complete their tasks left asking for them.

I don't understand how 40 people in a store would need a myDevice at any single time and that not be enough. Sounds like a lot of people grabbing one just for the hell of it, when they don't really need one, leaving the people who actually require one to complete their tasks left asking for them.

If you're scheduled past 8:00am, expect to not find a myDevice in the equipment room. You can't walk through pfresh without getting questions from guests left and right. So we make sure everyone on my team has a myDevice of their own. Then we'll have an extra one for printing labels when we do Frozen & Dairy. But that's only six; seven at the most.

If you're scheduled past 8:00am, expect to not find a myDevice in the equipment room. You can't walk through pfresh without getting questions from guests left and right. So we make sure everyone on my team has a myDevice of their own. Then we'll have an extra one for printing labels when we do Frozen & Dairy. But that's only six; seven at the most.
We talkin' about P-Fresh! Not a Super, not a Super, not a Super! We talkin' about P-Fresh!

I know everyone is protective of their own teams, but not everyone needs a myDevice. You have to strategize and share to get the people who actually need one to have one. Not everyone on P-Fresh needs their own myDevice. Not everyone on Presentation needs their own myDevice. Not everyone on the Sales Floor needs their own myDevice, and on, and on, and on. All stores are ASANTS on process these days, so I have no idea what your store does, but expecting 6 or 7 for P-Fresh seems like overkill for me. Not having enough equipment with 40 myDevices and who knows how many PDAs seems like an accountability issue.

@SrTLall 6 or 7 for pfresh is a bit outrageous, but in reality everyone who's working on the salesfloor needs their own. It's not providing great service if a guest needs something and you have to go track down the person on your team with the device just to help them.

My store has most of the flow TMs grab one so help with second locations and backstocking, and other TMs coming in later just grab one from flow.

I feel like that is a zebra thing. Scanner doesn’t work on any apps.
Yeah I forgot we were talking about myWork specifically.

We're AAA store. In a 7 people pfresh team (morning/opening... this is the max # of people. Nowadays they're only 4-5, often just 2-3), they only use 3-4 zebras at most. Sometimes, only their TL carries one. They don't really like having them since they hardly need it. We have 55-58 zebras. You come in at 5, the equipment cabinet will be empty bec the zebras are being used by ON flow and the 4am team. But come in at 5:30, there will be some. Come in at 6:30, a lot more zebra and some pdas. Come at 7:00, that's when all the rest of the equipment are returned.

There are no Zebras available at my store between 7am and noon, usually, because they're all taken by flow. Since they tend to work in groups and sales floor doesn't, I feel like it wouldn't kill them to be asked to have 1-2 zebras per group of four, instead of 4 Zebras + 2 PDAs, but what do I know?

This would be why I prefer evening shifts...

I know everyone is protective of their own teams, but not everyone needs a myDevice. You have to strategize and share to get the people who actually need one to have one. Not everyone on P-Fresh needs their own myDevice. Not everyone on Presentation needs their own myDevice. Not everyone on the Sales Floor needs their own myDevice, and on, and on, and on. All stores are ASANTS on process these days, so I have no idea what your store does, but expecting 6 or 7 for P-Fresh seems like overkill for me. Not having enough equipment with 40 myDevices and who knows how many PDAs seems like an accountability issue.

@SrTLall 6 or 7 for pfresh is a bit outrageous, but in reality everyone who's working on the salesfloor needs their own. It's not providing great service if a guest needs something and you have to go track down the person on your team with the device just to help them.

I agree with SFSFun.

Days that I have a zebra -
"Do you have a price scanner?" "Yes, let's see the barcode."
"Do you think you might have these in back?" "Let me check...."
"Can you tell if another Target has it?" "Yeah, I can check."
"Do you have the number for Target in [location]?" "Yeah, hold on while I pull it up."
"Do you have this in a different size?" "I can check, let's see the tag."
Add in that the backroom is happy when I have to get something out of the back for a guest.

Days that I don't have a zebra -
"I'm sorry, I don't have the equipment to answer your question. If you go to the fitting room, there will be someone there that has the equipment to answer your question."
And the backroom is not so happy when I track one of them down and interrupt what they are working on simply because I need a single box of diapers.

We're AAA store. In a 7 people pfresh team (morning/opening... this is the max # of people. Nowadays they're only 4-5, often just 2-3), they only use 3-4 zebras at most. Sometimes, only their TL carries one. They don't really like having them since they hardly need it. We have 55-58 zebras. You come in at 5, the equipment cabinet will be empty bec the zebras are being used by ON flow and the 4am team. But come in at 5:30, there will be some. Come in at 6:30, a lot more zebra and some pdas. Come at 7:00, that's when all the rest of the equipment are returned.

I’m at an A+ Store, Market is our #1 department in sales, and we have usually 6-7 people in the morning and afternoon like your store.

I know it sounds like a lot of myDevices, but in reality like @SFSFun said, it’s necessary if we want to help guests when they need it. And they always need it.

Because what's the point of having a device connected to Verizon Wireless if it doesn't connect any internal apps? Doesn't make sense to pay for a service that can't be used.
You are asking a company that 60% of its inventory problems could be fixed it made a single function directly editable and trackable by Team members and won't, whether its smart to make sense to pay for a service that can't be used? Airwatch effectively locks down the device. If we could force stop it, ETL-GE could have reset the device without having to send it off.

We talkin' about P-Fresh! Not a Super, not a Super, not a Super! We talkin' about P-Fresh!

My store has most of the flow TMs grab one so help with second locations and backstocking, and other TMs coming in later just grab one from flow.

Yeah I forgot we were talking about myWork specifically.
Flow doesn't need Mydevices. Flow is supposed to read pic labels and understand shelf labels and know how to put up items correctly. PDAs can be used to backstock. Eventually, our Flow won't stock at all. They will just offlaod and salesfloor will push. Now every person on the sales floor needs a mydevice.

Honestly, only salefloor (including A&A and operator) Guest services and TLs up need mydevices. ANY other role doesn't need one.

There are no Zebras available at my store between 7am and noon, usually, because they're all taken by flow. Since they tend to work in groups and sales floor doesn't, I feel like it wouldn't kill them to be asked to have 1-2 zebras per group of four, instead of 4 Zebras + 2 PDAs, but what do I know?

This would be why I prefer evening shifts...
Thats a failure of the Flow Team Leader to teach how to read the labels.

Back