MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I'm the same way. Grab a Zebra, open up Move and sign in, then open up Pack&Ship, myWork, myAlerts, and MPM2.0. And with MPM it usually freezes the first time and I have to force quit and reopen it.

And then of course I also have to grab a PDA and sign in (for return to stock), and grab an RFID scanner and iPod and sign in and pair them.
Use the RFID app on the zebra instead. Way faster, but no sounds sadly.

just a heads up, I've discovered that the MyDevices/Zebras have a hidden feature that causes them to vanish forever. It seems to happen at random and I haven't yet figured out what triggers it, all I know is that there's quantum entanglement involved (i.e. they don't merely go invisible). I suspect that they end up in a different multiverse but this hypothesis has proven difficult to test.

the Zebras are light-years better than the iPods which were trash and I'm glad my store chunked them all after the Zebras came in. There's nothing more aggravating than having to wait a billion seconds for the app to load (and then freeze) while you're trying to help multiple guests at once during the busy parts of the year. The iPods were also way more physically fragile too, especially the lock/unlock buttons that got so worn out you had to bear down on it with both thumbs just to fire up the screen.

Steve Jobs trolling us from beyond the grave I guess.

For what seems like it would be a cool function, I wonder why we are restricted from using 'battery swap.'

You don't need to use that. Just turn the thing off, pop off the battery, put a fresh battery in and turn it back on. The battery is 10x easier to remove than the walkie battery.

^^ Preach. We've probably broken more walkie batteries than not trying to pry them out of the dang things. Zebras, on the other hand, are really easy to swap out.

You don't need to use that. Just turn the thing off, pop off the battery, put a fresh battery in and turn it back on. The battery is 10x easier to remove than the walkie battery.
I mean, we don't need to use it, but it'd be quicker.

How quick do you want it? Even waiting for it to take forever to boot up, I'm logged back in and back working in about 2 minutes.
Our salesfloor ones take forever to boot for some reason, but it also always seems like when I'm rebooting my Zebra is when a guest wants something from me.

Stupid question--how do I get to that menu, that has the Reboot, Swap battery, etc. functions on it? Faster to reboot than turn off & back on, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get that menu to show up today.

Stupid question--how do I get to that menu, that has the Reboot, Swap battery, etc. functions on it? Faster to reboot than turn off & back on, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get that menu to show up today.
You just hold down the power button on the top of the Zebra for a couple of seconds and it pops up.

Does anyone know when the Move rollout will officially take place? I had heard rumours of early 2018. At my store, the OPU & SFS team is using it, but it doesn't yet have the option for pulling batches. Most of our PDAs are nearly at the end of their lives.

Does anyone know when the Move rollout will officially take place? I had heard rumours of early 2018. At my store, the OPU & SFS team is using it, but it doesn't yet have the option for pulling batches. Most of our PDAs are nearly at the end of their lives.

When we got it in October I was told we we're testing it for three months before it rolled company wide.. haven't heard anything since

No clue. My store has been using Move for awhile now; it works for everything except EXFs. I like using Move to pull autofills and CAFs; the item photo feature alone saves so much time you have no idea. However, I suspect it's one reason why our BRLA score is in the tank because people go to a WACO, eyeball for the item and then M-delete without scanning (because if you already know the thing you want isn't there, why scan?). I don't think everyone (well, non-heavy duty BR people) realizes that you create serious errors that way.

Back