MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

People really send them back with the batteries in them? Lol they warmed the zebra company might not send the battery back
Everyone was so used to sending in the iPods without removing a battery, so they probably just don't even think about it.

I sent a few back with no batteries and all came back with batteries. We have so many now. Only once I sent one with it and didn’t get it back. We also got our myCheckout myDevices in today so I’m excited to use those now!

Ours are trash. Neither has the mygo app and it won't let us download it for some reason. They do have the card reader though so we are certain they aren't regular zebras.

It kind of bothers me how they randomly space out the apps..
Right?! Even with all the new apps, they should still be able to squeeze them into one page.

But at least it isn't customizable, so you don't need to worry about apps ending up in different places on different screens.

They're not completely random,
The second screen is used for pilot apps and they're in the layout they are because on some devices the second screen has many more apps on it.
Well Move is on the first page and that is still very much a pilot.

I have both Android and Apple products and use both, however, I prefer Apple products.

That being said, the problem with the iPod Touch myDevices is they were a consumer product made to do an industrial job. The Zebras were built from the ground up to be industrial devices and could handle the workload. Even though Apple Stores use iPhones to check customers out and trouble shoot problems, the largest Apple Store doesn't move as many SKUs as the smallest big box Target.

Using an Apple iPod myDevice instead of a Zebra was like using an electric car when you need a 4-wheel drive pick-up truck.

No one at Apple will be losing sleep having lost Target as an industrial customer.

I have both Android and Apple products and use both, however, I prefer Apple products.

That being said, the problem with the iPod Touch myDevices is they were a consumer product made to do an industrial job. The Zebras were built from the ground up to be industrial devices and could handle the workload. Even though Apple Stores use iPhones to check customers out and trouble shoot problems, the largest Apple Store doesn't move as many SKUs as the smallest big box Target.

Using an Apple iPod myDevice instead of a Zebra was like using an electric car when you need a 4-wheel drive pick-up truck.

No one at Apple will be losing sleep having lost Target as an industrial customer.

the myDevices were not an Apple thing. they were a Kludge thrown together by some third party with fourth rate knock-off parts of dubious quality. And the iPod's were most likely refurb units with their original nearly worn out batteries. but as always I could be wrong. :)

We received a charging port for a single zebra. Nothing on REDWire, nothing I saw on WB, anyone know what it's for? I assume either Sign&Label PC or myCheckout myDevice.

Thank you! What I said from day one about those Apple pieces of shit. Spot didn't do their homework with those, they were fine for a salesfloor TM check stock here and there, scan for reshop. It worked great for that, but any production job it failed so hard.. The Zebra devices are almost bullet proof for production teams.. It has made our jobs that 100x easier not having the device die within an hour or the panic of having to charge it and hoping it would still be back when you came back for it.

Yes SrTall the single docs are for the zebra's with the card readers on them.. Cause I think you can swap the battery but its just easier to charge it.

So my store has been told that we are phasing out the PDAs this month. Meaning we won't have any PDAs anymore after a few weeks into Nov. Can anyone teach me how to do the following:

1. MSPK
2. Defects
3. Locu
4. Create a specific salesfloor shelf location for a product. Not just tying it in but actually tying it to a specific loc like H33(1) 2-3-4, and not just H33(1) (store tie). A remodel ETL was wondering this question. She said there is a way. She just couldn't remember.
5. This one is for my own curiosity. How to do flex fill with a zebra.
6. Also with MOVE, we can pull batches using this app, right?

These are just a few I can think of right now. Thank you so much for any help!

I can’t believe LOCU isn’t on the zebras. I’d use one if it had it but working in bulk you almost need LOCU to ensure there’s no ghosts hanging around.

Edit: admittedly LOCU wouldn’t be needed if everyone located things properly and I ‘removed’ each thing from the pallet, but using ‘take’ would make the system think I was sending that stuff to the floor I believe?

Last edited:
Back