MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

From another thread: member @Ajax11 :

One big issue if you haven't noticed it yet. If you use a MyDevice to tie an aisle that has been pre-tied as reverse, the MyDevice will ALWAYS tie the POG as standard. So if you use a MyDevice to tie your pre-tied POGs on reverse aisles you always need to either re-tie and select reverse, or break the pre-tie before tieing the aisle so that you get the standard/reverse prompt.

An aisle being mis-tied as standard when you use the reverse side label strips is one of the most common reasons for schematic information to be 1 location off, it is always the first thing I look at when there is a schematic discrepancy.
My POG team has figured this out as well so we break the pre-tie and then tie it correctly.

They have their PDA, walkie, and phone combined? It's almost like they got those MC40 androids and...actually used all the features...like our LPDAs have (they could be used as a phone if they didn't suck so much). So yeah, this is what you get when cheap > efficiency/usefulness (which would save money in the long run, but spot doesn't know about that :p).
I always thought the MC40s would have worked just fine. Oh well.

From another thread: member @Ajax11 :

One big issue if you haven't noticed it yet. If you use a MyDevice to tie an aisle that has been pre-tied as reverse, the MyDevice will ALWAYS tie the POG as standard. So if you use a MyDevice to tie your pre-tied POGs on reverse aisles you always need to either re-tie and select reverse, or break the pre-tie before tieing the aisle so that you get the standard/reverse prompt.

An aisle being mis-tied as standard when you use the reverse side label strips is one of the most common reasons for schematic information to be 1 location off, it is always the first thing I look at when there is a schematic discrepancy.

My POG team has figured this out as well so we break the pre-tie and then tie it correctly.

I went to open a defect for this and turns out it has already been fixed! It will be part of the next release. :)

The mydevices at work doesn't seem to have the same function as others'. Our mydevices are still the same. I still haven't seen the toss option or see STO on it. Maybe I misread and these are for future updates? But as of right now, I only see price accuracy, instocks, and plano functionalities

The mydevices at work doesn't seem to have the same function as others'. Our mydevices are still the same. I still haven't seen the toss option or see STO on it. Maybe I misread and these are for future updates? But as of right now, I only see price accuracy, instocks, and plano functionalities
Everyone should have been through that update...

...scan something, then click on the item name. That's the screen it should be on. I'd take a pic but it's my day off.

@coolerqueen is correct, you don't need to be in a specific mode to access these features. Also on the options page there is a link for training at the bottom, that should help to better explain how to use all the different features of MyWork.

In case you're curious, our team built/designed the myWork app. After this, we're turning our attention toward taking over REDwire (to make that more user friendly), and then after that, we have cool stuff coming that integrates mySupport, and finally some enhancements to myProgress (all this year yet).

In case you're curious, our team built/designed the myWork app. After this, we're turning our attention toward taking over REDwire (to make that more user friendly), and then after that, we have cool stuff coming that integrates mySupport, and finally some enhancements to myProgress (all this year yet).

What are the planned features to add to my work before you guys move on to REDwire and such?

What are the planned features to add to my work before you guys move on to REDwire and such?
To be honest, most everything has already been discussed here. Lots of bug fixes & stability improvements. But after "edit capacity", PCV, SDA, BCODE, SIM, & TINV, the LPDAs will be pulled. As PDAs get removed, if we hear of other funtionality that absolutely needs to get added, we'll get roped back into developing that too. My prediction is that PULL will get added last minute. But that's just a hunch.

Last edited:
I know that no one cares but the Front End and the STL, but is there any chance that we can get a REDCard count on the myDevice? I get the alerts, but if I'm not there, I have no idea how many apps we have unless I check the LPDA/PDA.

I know that no one cares but the Front End and the STL, but is there any chance that we can get a REDCard count on the myDevice? I get the alerts, but if I'm not there, I have no idea how many apps we have unless I check the LPDA/PDA.
That's the kind of stuff that will be part of the "myProgress" enhancements. We're also putting myGo onto myDevice later this year. Also, there's lots of stuff brewing for front end, but it'll likely be about a year before it sees the light of day. I think that whole credit card debacle last year might have slowed things down a bit.

Last edited:
Hopefully all these planned functionality additions mean that each store gets more mydevices. Especially since they're cheaper than PDA/LPDA's.

But that would make sense.
It's going to be terrible when only after 4 hours pricing teams iPod dies and they have to take someone else's. I fortunately have the advantage of owning a  device and I keep a charger in the office and charge my myDevice while I go on breaks and lunch. That's the only way I make it through the day. It's ridiculous that the case has 0 extra battery power to charge the iPod once it gets down to like 20%. Right now we are still fine because we utilize all our devices, but I know the day is coming when they take the older PDAs & LPDAs. I keep waiting to see some kind of communication on REDwire any day now.

It's going to be terrible when only after 4 hours pricing teams iPod dies and they have to take someone else's. I fortunately have the advantage of owning a  device and I keep a charger in the office and charge my myDevice while I go on breaks and lunch. That's the only way I make it through the day. It's ridiculous that the case has 0 extra battery power to charge the iPod once it gets down to like 20%. Right now we are still fine because we utilize all our devices, but I know the day is coming when they take the older PDAs & LPDAs. I keep waiting to see some kind of communication on REDwire any day now.

Do you have a link to such a charger? If I'm not mistaken, the mydevice sled uses Mini USB? I'd like something like a battery pack holster that charges the battery when it's holstered, like there is for an LPDA.

Do you have a link to such a charger? If I'm not mistaken, the mydevice sled uses Mini USB? I'd like something like a battery pack holster that charges the battery when it's holstered, like there is for an LPDA.
They do use a mini charger, but I slide the iPod out of the case and plug in the Lightning charger to the actual iPod. I tried to see if we had a cable for that outer plug in on the sled but I didn't see anything that fit so I just slide it out and use my charger.

I just got all kinds of excited! First order of business. Louder sounds for alerts. If you want detail the ringtone titled "Glass" is pretty damn loud on the myDevices. The case weirdly amplifies every sound except the generic Apple alert sound. I would also like myProgress a little better. Maybe to see what had been tied & not tied under the transitions part like the PDA version. I also heard Workbench might be coming to the myDevice? Also heard myPerformance, too.

That's the kind of stuff that will be part of the "myProgress" enhancements. We're also putting myGo onto myDevice later this year. Also, there's lots of stuff brewing for front end, but it'll likely be about a year before it sees the light of day. I think that whole credit card debacle last year might have slowed things down a bit.
I know what myGo is, but what would it's use be on myDevice?

Hopefully all these planned functionality additions mean that each store gets more mydevices. Especially since they're cheaper than PDA/LPDA's.

But that would make sense.
What I always thought was that they need to send more myDevices to replace specifically the LPDAs because now leaders are cutting into the myDevices for TMs. Altogether we have about 20 devices PDA/LPDA. Now we only have 18 iPods altogether and 5+ leaders that take one.

To be honest, most everything has already been discussed here. Lots of bug fixes & stability improvements. But after "edit capacity", PCV, SDA, BCODE, SIM, & TINV, the LPDAs will be pulled. As PDAs get removed, if we hear of other funtionality that absolutely needs to get added, we'll get roped back into developing that too. My prediction is that PULL will get added last minute. But that's just a hunch.
Can't you just convince then to keep the lpdas/pdas? Seriously gonna lose my crap if we all have to fight over the same 20 ipods. We have two assigned to pfresh, but once backroom/flow had to use them it's gonna get ugly. Not to mention the first time one gets dropped from the wave.

Back