MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

You can if the item has a backroom location, but that's not best practice to use it to psych out sales accumulator. The better way would be to use the fill from stockroom feature and do a "fill" for all the locations. If you enter the capacity or greater for each location it will decrease the sales accumulator to 0 and not put a pull in.
As a preview we are working on some new replenishment changes that should help alleviate some of the floor replenishment issues, such as being able to edit capacities for locations. Also the way I suggested above as a best practice does require the item to be in the backroom which I realize could be troublesome in a few scenarios, we are also looking at ways to address this in our changes.

And just so we better understand the issue, is it that you are calling a store on behalf of a guest who wants an item your store doesn't have in stock and you are wanting the store to set it aside for the guest? And since the TM you called doesn't have a device you want to be able to assist them in quickly finding the item without them having to get a device?
As for the backroom, I'd imagine the use case would be being able to tell the other TM that they have some in the backroom so the TM could grab a device, find it back there and then TAKE it from the back? Backroom location wouldn't be all that helpful, right?

It'll be called "on the way" on MyDevice, so it'll appear in that same section, just now with the date included with the quantity!

I have asked a TL about changing capacities, before MyDevices came out, for product that very obviously cannot fit on the floor. He said it was set by corporate for home locations. This means we can actually do this?

I have asked a TL about changing capacities, before MyDevices came out, for product that very obviously cannot fit on the floor. He said it was set by corporate for home locations. This means we can actually do this?
You have always been able to send in a request for a capacity to be changed through MySupport. I do it all the time in market because so many of them are way off. Let me know if you need help doing it.

New update today will allow you to login once, and then be able to access Redwire and MyWork. It works no matter which you log into first.
I don't go in till 10 tonight so I haven't had the chance to look at the app.
You can if the item has a backroom location, but that's not best practice to use it to psych out sales accumulator. The better way would be to use the fill from stockroom feature and do a "fill" for all the locations. If you enter the capacity or greater for each location it will decrease the sales accumulator to 0 and not put a pull in.
As a preview we are working on some new replenishment changes that should help alleviate some of the floor replenishment issues, such as being able to edit capacities for locations. Also the way I suggested above as a best practice does require the item to be in the backroom which I realize could be troublesome in a few scenarios, we are also looking at ways to address this in our changes.

And just so we better understand the issue, is it that you are calling a store on behalf of a guest who wants an item your store doesn't have in stock and you are wanting the store to set it aside for the guest? And since the TM you called doesn't have a device you want to be able to assist them in quickly finding the item without them having to get a device?
As for the backroom, I'd imagine the use case would be being able to tell the other TM that they have some in the backroom so the TM could grab a device, find it back there and then TAKE it from the back? Backroom location wouldn't be all that helpful, right?

It'll be called "on the way" on MyDevice, so it'll appear in that same section, just now with the date included with the quantity!
i would love the capacity changer, but I think it would need to be restricted to maybe TLs and higher. Don't need TMs changing capacities so nothing pulls so they don't have to do any work. Second, yes the scenario you presented about other store's SF location is exactly what I have faced since working for Target because I have ran across TMs that didn't have a PDA and then I could easily & quickly ask them to look on say B9 for that item and have it put on hold. As for the Backroom the Super store closest to mine will rarely answer their phones so that I can confirm a item quantity, so seeing that it's in their Backroom ( though I do understand changing inventory levels) there might be a greater chance of the guest being able to go to that store and getting whatever item they are looking for. Thirdly, thank you for the update on the "on the way" feature. Will it be accurate like they are claiming on the ETA feature on the PDAs? It's always nice to reassure guests that the product is actually on the way on the next truck. @OtherGuy thank you for these process updates!

I don't go in till 10 tonight so I haven't had the chance to look at the app.

i would love the capacity changer, but I think it would need to be restricted to maybe TLs and higher. Don't need TMs changing capacities so nothing pulls so they don't have to do any work. Second, yes the scenario you presented about other store's SF location is exactly what I have faced since working for Target because I have ran across TMs that didn't have a PDA and then I could easily & quickly ask them to look on say B9 for that item and have it put on hold. As for the Backroom the Super store closest to mine will rarely answer their phones so that I can confirm a item quantity, so seeing that it's in their Backroom ( though I do understand changing inventory levels) there might be a greater chance of the guest being able to go to that store and getting whatever item they are looking for. Thirdly, thank you for the update on the "on the way" feature. Will it be accurate like they are claiming on the ETA feature on the PDAs? It's always nice to reassure guests that the product is actually on the way on the next truck. @OtherGuy thank you for these process updates!

As brand TM it would definitely be helpful for me to change capacities. I find myself overpushing because the product does fit...

Maybe make it so that anybody can change it, but it works like a drastic count change, it has to be double-checked by someone. "Capacity Change Report" or something.

@OtherGuy and @UIguy for TMs of the year

Id be skeptical of telling another stores TM where something is in the BR. If they have no clue how the BR works, they could be causing a slew of ghost locations for their store if they are just grabbing things like on the sales floor.

As brand TM it would definitely be helpful for me to change capacities. I find myself overpushing because the product does fit...

Maybe make it so that anybody can change it, but it works like a drastic count change, it has to be double-checked by someone. "Capacity Change Report" or something.

@OtherGuy and @UIguy for TMs of the year
Oooo, I like that even better @oath2order

I know it has been mentioned, but @OtherGuy and @UIguy , it would be helpful to know the fill group of an item even if it's not already in a location. I had to use a MyDevice to back stock, and it was easy except for that.

I know you guys hear a lot of negative, but the MyDevice is becoming a great tool! Thank you for your hard work!
Yeah it's very difficult for me to backstock. I Guess it's a good way to learn what departments correspond with what fill group, but still.

Noticed on the ios update coming up salesfloor sda will be added but not backroom. I take care of both at our store as the pfresh opener...still gonna have to double carry or steal a pda to do just that one thing.

Noticed on the ios update coming up salesfloor sda will be added but not backroom. I take care of both at our store as the pfresh opener...still gonna have to double carry or steal a pda to do just that one thing.
They are avoiding BR functions like the plague.

You have always been able to send in a request for a capacity to be changed through MySupport. I do it all the time in market because so many of them are way off. Let me know if you need help doing it.
Yes for now this is the only way to change them, and I suggest using it if you are having difficulty with capacities. No ETA for when this will be chain-wide, but the ball is rolling.

@OtherGuy, I think works with @UIguy on my devices.
Yep, he's one cube over from me. :)

i would love the capacity changer, but I think it would need to be restricted to maybe TLs and higher. Don't need TMs changing capacities so nothing pulls so they don't have to do any work.
Thirdly, thank you for the update on the "on the way" feature. Will it be accurate like they are claiming on the ETA feature on the PDAs? It's always nice to reassure guests that the product is actually on the way on the next truck. @OtherGuy thank you for these process updates!
Currently MyWork has no ability to lock features to specific TMs, I'll bring the concern up to our replenishment process owners. I don't see this being a huge issue though as the amount of work to abuse the system would be quite crazy and anyone who is trying to do a fill for a near empty item would see the capacity is wrong and would fix it.
"On the way" will display the same date as ETA on the PDA, so they should both be pretty accurate.

Can you view the capacity of something on the mydevices yet?

Just hit the item name & it will bring to the 2nd page of details.
That will show you the capacity by POG, you can also view capacity by each smart schematic when you are using "Fill from stockroom"

I know it has been mentioned, but @OtherGuy and @UIguy , it would be helpful to know the fill group of an item even if it's not already in a location. I had to use a MyDevice to back stock, and it was easy except for that.

I know you guys hear a lot of negative, but the MyDevice is becoming a great tool! Thank you for your hard work!
That's fixed and coming in the next release, and thanks for the positive feedback! :)

That will show you the capacity by POG, you can also view capacity by each smart schematic when you are using "Fill from stockroom"

Question.. How does the software know which POG I am scanning in? I can do a fill for an endcap salesplan, and the batch will only pull for instance 4 slow cookers for an whole endcap. The 4 would have filled the home, but the salesplan needed 12. With the old stand alone applications on the PDA/LPDA you either scanned the pog# or told how many you needed if in EXF.

Question.. How does the software know which POG I am scanning in? I can do a fill for an endcap salesplan, and the batch will only pull for instance 4 slow cookers for an whole endcap. The 4 would have filled the home, but the salesplan needed 12. With the old stand alone applications on the PDA/LPDA you either scanned the pog# or told how many you needed if in EXF.
I am thinking one way to get around this, is using the store tied by dpci for capacity changes instead of the normal pog tie.

I am thinking one way to get around this, is using the store tied by dpci for capacity changes instead of the normal pog tie.

True, but the MyWork needs functionality to know where I am scanning. There are too many dual locations in the stores to be dealing with store-tie. Unless things have changed, you cannot have a store-tie and a pog at the same SF location.

True, but the MyWork needs functionality to know where I am scanning. There are too many dual locations in the stores to be dealing with store-tie. Unless things have changed, you cannot have a store-tie and a pog at the same SF location.
That is correct. It beats doing a subt on my device.

I might be misunderstanding this, but it sounds like you have 3 shelves that fit 4 each of an item? Each 3 of those shelves should have a smart schematic and you should enter how many you see for each smart schematic. This is different than the PDA which asked you how many were on the POG in total. (For example say the 3 shelves are empty, on MyDevice you would enter 0 into 3 different locations, on the PDA you would enter 0 once)
I'm thinking it could be 1 of 3 issues:
a). You are missing locs on that endcap
b). Your endcap has the wrong capacity
c). Possibly you are just not entering the quantity for all 3 locations?

Hey @OtherGuy or @UIguy, do know member @Sarakiel, too? They had help us on the portable printers.
Thanks for all your help on the my devices!
@UIguy is the only other user I know on this site, he was the one who showed me this site in the first place. Though it's always possible I know them in real life and I just don't know they are on here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So while the one log in with the REDwire update is amazing. Alerts are still all over the place or they get missed completely because they don't sound off. I guess we will never have reliable alerts again.

So while the one log in with the REDwire update is amazing. Alerts are still all over the place or they get missed completely because they don't sound off. I guess we will never have reliable alerts again.
Well alerts were never reliable with the PDAs until redwire showed up, then it took hours for it to auto logoff (although I've noticed this seems to have decreased a bit). The only way for these to have effective alerts is for it to be like a phone call, it keeps making the noise at max volume until you dismiss it. Or for a vibrate feature to magically appear in the iPods (yes I know they don't have the hardware to support this :().

Back