MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

The scanner issue is supposed to be fixed in version 22.38.

Toss now always takes from the salesfloor, so then it automatically pulls from the stockroom.
But if I am date checking case packs in the backroom it could pull cases of items that are already full. For instance the backroom portion of the sda. Having to pull then backstock that just because the device assumes salesfloor is wasteful.

I do think the toss feature is plenty fast for multiple quantities. Extra step of confirming on the pda is gone. Which is only a bad thing if you aren't paying attention.

Settings for wi-fi isn't the connection issue. In fact we regularly use the guest wi-fi as an alternative when tcwireless is acting up.

Nope. Ok say your list was A1 - D90. You needed to avoid all of B cause they are still pushing, so you finish A, and skip to C1. You finish C1 and it would take you back to B1, so you skip back to C2 - finish it. Back to B1. Our experience.

I wonder if they fixed that bug where you can only have a quantity of 0-99? When shooting Rigs.

UIGuy brought the first one to my attention, and it appears to happen under a very specific scenario. If you sort the list by "path" instead of "type" I don't believe it will happen. It seems to only happen when you are sorted by "type" and you are skipping either all the Item (RIGs) tasks or all the Area (guided research) tasks it will then bring you back to the type of task that is at the top of the list.
So for the time being I suggest using the sort by path function, or reversing the type sort if you have this issue. We'll look at fixing it come the next-next version (we just finished v25 today which is a release version, so expect to see a fix in v28)

As for the 99qty, yes that was fixed in v22

So the first iPod I grabbed today loaded up the tasklist for another store. Rest of instocks didn't have that problem and our store's expert fixed it up in a couple minutes, but what the hell? That was a fun ten minutes of panic to start my day. Then I had explain to the other 2 IS people how the iPods don't like it when you scan outside of the areas it wants you to scan and how to work around that. After one of them had already changed counts for several wrong locations at the checklanes.

I miss the PDAs already.

So the first iPod I grabbed today loaded up the tasklist for another store. Rest of instocks didn't have that problem and our store's expert fixed it up in a couple minutes, but what the hell? That was a fun ten minutes of panic to start my day. Then I had explain to the other 2 IS people how the iPods don't like it when you scan outside of the areas it wants you to scan and how to work around that. After one of them had already changed counts for several wrong locations at the checklanes.

I miss the PDAs already.
How the heck does that happen? Weird!

Apparently from what I've heard that kind of thing can be fixed by
  • Connect to Target Guest WiFi
  • Reload the profile (someone help me here, I don't remember what the MDM software target uses is called)
  • Connect to tcwireless

Can someone elaborate on this. How do i "reload the profile" We have 4 mydevice that dont connect. As a result they take all the good pdas left, and the workcenters that still use them have to fight them. I would love to fix them. They keep sending out our pdas to crc so we woNt get them back. I am about to lock a good one and a battery charger in the TLs desk...

I have no idea what any of these comments are referring to. How do you all learn these things? Does someone at your stores keep you up to date onall these developments? Is there a book? All I have learned about how to do my job I have learned from you all. I could go on and on about the difficulties and challenges I have struggled with on this job. Today I hate it.

I have no idea what any of these comments are referring to. How do you all learn these things? Does someone at your stores keep you up to date onall these developments? Is there a book? All I have learned about how to do my job I have learned from you all. I could go on and on about the difficulties and challenges I have struggled with on this job. Today I hate it.
There is no book, but yes you are supposed to have TMs who are designated as Digital Advisors who are supposed to be knowledgable about the devices, and any upcoming updates and process changes to them. Ask around and see who they are. You may have some, but they may not take that role responsibly. I am a DA and I take this role very seriously and I announce anything and everything about the myDevices at our huddles.

I used TAKE for the first time today and it was so simple! Somebody risered our microwaves (and actually located them for once) and I had to pull one down for a guest.

Settings for wi-fi isn't the connection issue. In fact we regularly use the guest wi-fi as an alternative when tcwireless is acting up.

This isn't an option for MyWork though. MyWork only works on tcwireless. Of course, if your MyDevice won't connect to any network at all ("Unable to join the network <network_name>"), then that's another story. Does anybody know how to cold boot a MyDevice? :D

Your store should have at least one Digital Advisor who is informed about updates and whatnot. It's pretty much on them and leadership to communicate everything to the rest of the team.

I used TAKE for the first time today and it was so simple! Somebody risered our microwaves (and actually located them for once) and I had to pull one down for a guest.

This isn't an option for MyWork though. MyWork only works on tcwireless. Of course, if your MyDevice won't connect to any network at all ("Unable to join the network <network_name>"), then that's another story. Does anybody know how to cold boot a MyDevice? :D

Your store should have at least one Digital Advisor who is informed about updates and whatnot. It's pretty much on them and leadership to communicate everything to the rest of the team.
Our leadership doesn't, they come running and looking for me to fix stuff and info. on them. I am not able to do the REDwire app update for my store Monday so my ETL-GE has to. I'm scared what im going to come into later that day. Everytime there is an update she gets confused on which app is updating and can't even get the correct date either. She tries (i guess) but, i just wanna be like 'let me handle it.'

Thank you Run! I have said it before snd I will say it again The tms on TBR have caused me to rethink the impulse to quit many times and I am very grateful. We dont have a DA , but I will keep asking.

I hope Target realizes how lucky they are to have employees like you all who are truly TEAM members.
Good night.

Our leadership doesn't, they come running and looking for me to fix stuff and info. on them. I am not able to do the REDwire app update for my store Monday so my ETL-GE has to. I'm scared what im going to come into later that day. Everytime there is an update she gets confused on which app is updating and can't even get the correct date either. She tries (i guess) but, i just wanna be like 'let me handle it.'

Lol the key word was should.

Can someone elaborate on this. How do i "reload the profile" We have 4 mydevice that dont connect. As a result they take all the good pdas left, and the workcenters that still use them have to fight them. I would love to fix them. They keep sending out our pdas to crc so we woNt get them back. I am about to lock a good one and a battery charger in the TLs desk...
First double click on home and clear out all the old "pages" by swiping up on them.
Then go to Settings - Wifi - Select Target Guest WiFi.
Depending on how long the device has been offline, it may take a couple of tries or try going to another part of the store to find a stronger signal. The TSC is not a good signal spot for targer guest wifi for some reason. ;)
When connected to Target WiFi, click on Airwatch icon.
Click on the green arrow next to Device Enabled. Then you can "Sync device"
Then go back to Settings - Wifi- Select tcwireless.
It may take a couple of tries to get it to connect.

If you still can't connect, call the *help* desk. There are a few people who actually can rebuild the profile for you. If the first one doesn't know what you're talking about, hang up and call again til you find the right guy.

My GE got all butt hurt when I explained that they were serious about the window of time for updates. He thought as long as it was "that week" it would still work. It didn't. Now, each time there's an update, he sends me an email as if I don't read Redwire and see that there's an update and arrange my schedule to be there to do it. I love GEs but they may not love me.

Another annoyance with these is when you rotate the device horizontally, the screen output does not always rotate as well. I have big hands and fingertips and using the itty bitty keyboard to input data is somewhat a challenge.

Another annoyance with these is when you rotate the device horizontally, the screen output does not always rotate as well. I have big hands and fingertips and using the itty bitty keyboard to input data is somewhat a challenge.
Time to buy a cheap stylus pen. I've been thinking of picking some up at the dollar store for handing out to tms.

Similar to ordering produce, we designed it so that if you scan a QMOS-eligible item after you toss something, it should bring you directly into the "Toss" screens and it defaults to 1; so, you just have to hit "toss". Today, on the PDAs I thought you have to key a quantity for each item, so it seemed like a wash from an efficiency standpoint.

You don't you could scan every item's barcode without ever having to look at your PDA or touch anything besides the trigger

Maybe portrait orientation got locked? If you unlock it, then turning the MyDevice sideways will rotate the screen to landscape orientation. I'm not sure how you access that setting on the MyDevices though, my iPod Touch is an older generation.

I'm not sure if this was ever 100% figured out, but does anyone know if the myDevices can SUBT9999? I'm a little too hesitant to try it randomly on something I know won't go out to the floor unless I know it can do that function.

I got some at Big Lots! for like 2 dollars. I got red one (obviously, haha) and I keep it in my pouch on my LPDA holster.
I actually found some pen/stylus combo pens at ocean state job lots tonight 5/$1 imprinted with some company logo, but they came in red and blue. And are a retractable pen.

So this photo is from the Target Team Members Confessions FB page. Someone needs to confess who did this. image.jpg

So this photo is from the Target Team Members Confessions FB page. Someone needs to confess who did this.View attachment 776
Probably one of the refurbished ones they sent to replace the new broken ones...Mine was replaced with the dirtiest case I've ever had to touch. The screen was cashed with grime and there is still a black stain on the edges. After scrubbing it.

Back