MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I think only the PDA item search shows this, although I've seen a price listed above the 0.00 indicating salvage when scanning with the mydevices, although that might be full price and not last selling price. I still grab one of the LPDAs for guest service, one of the reasons is being able to get the last selling price. Other reasons are to sort stray (it's a lot quicker than using a register), and to take defectives back to receiving and scan them into the pallets. At my store GSTMs are expected to do this at least once a day (ASANTS).
I had some salvage items Thursday that showed 0.00 then below I could swear it gave the last price before... I could be wrong. I'll check tomorrow if I come across something!

I'm pretty sure salvage items show the original price rather than the last selling price on the MyDevices. If you want the last selling price, you'll have to use a PDA.

So tomorrow morning is the death of Stand Alone RSCH , & Instocks applications on the PDA/LPDA for my store. It will be a sad day and to commemorate this, I will be changing my profile picture to something special, les we forget.... Stay tuned for tomorrow...

Last edited:
So tomorrow morning is the death of Stand Alone RSCH , & Instocks applications on the PDA/LPDA for my store. It will be a sad day and to commemorate this, I will be changing my profile picture, les we forget.... Stay tuned for tomorrow...
They've been gone for a few days at my store. All I noticed was that the PDA apps got re-arranged.

They've been gone for a few days at my store. All I noticed was that the PDA apps got re-arranged.
Yeah some stores at different times. We have a few TLs at my store that hate RSCHing on the myDevice and one that STILL hasn't used one. He will have to tomorrow. He is the Instocks, Backroom, Flow TL after all.

My STL has still been insisting that the Instocks functions on the MyDevice are broken...She will be in for quite the surprise whenever those apps get removed from our PDAs.

Ditto on what Hardlinesmaster said. Everything we have come across on them we have mostly put in this thread. We had a few people from HQ, like @UIguy who would fill us in on things to come. Unfortunately I'm not sure what happened to his visits. Haven't heard from him since Nov. or Dec. It might take a while, but you will get a lot of info from the thread. Come across anything we haven't discussed, then feel free to ask.
I'm back. So sorry about the absence... between the update, issues, and new stuff for fall - things have been a bit hectic for me. I plan to spend a little time getting caught up on the thread and addressing questions this week. :)

I'm back. So sorry about the absence... between the update, issues, and new stuff for fall - things have been a bit hectic for me. I plan to spend a little time getting caught up on the thread and addressing questions this week. :)
So happy your back!

Does anybody know if it's possible to pull batches with my device yet? I couldn't figure it out last time I was in store and I'm going in later today and would like to use the my device but if I can't pull batches it won't be worth it.

Thats only for seasonal plu salvage, regular will show 0.00.

I'm talking about the small number above the 0.00. I found several non-PLU missed salvage items while zoning last night, and they all showed the original price in tiny font above the zeros.

You cannot pull batches yet, to the best of my knowledge.

That is correct. You can view outstanding batches in MyProgress, but you can't pull them yet with a MyDevice.

I think that $2.19 is still the regular retail since ticketed clearance prices don't end with 9. Could be PLU clearance though I suppose.

It's the only thing I could think of where I knew something was. Now I did this revision last Friday and the whole third shelf was clearance/salvage/discontinued... on a new revision. So, I don't know...

I think that $2.19 is still the regular retail since ticketed clearance prices don't end with 9. Could be PLU clearance though I suppose.
Usually it will say Seasonal PLU Event above where the bold PP is if it's PLU, but like I said idk much about how pricing works.

I'm talking about the small number above the 0.00. I found several non-PLU missed salvage items while zoning last night, and they all showed the original price in tiny font above the zeros.

That is correct. You can view outstanding batches in MyProgress, but you can't pull them yet with a MyDevice.
Keyword "yet". I hope that "yet" becomes a "now you can" soon...

My STL has still been insisting that the Instocks functions on the MyDevice are broken...She will be in for quite the surprise whenever those apps get removed from our PDAs.

I can't blame her, when we used them before x-mas the function sucked pretty bad. Horrible issues trying skip around in the list.. But yeah we are trying to ease into using them. Scan with PDA's in the morning and swapping over to them My Device in the afternoon. So we at least get used to working with one.. But our team still gives them a big "Thumbs down!"

I can't blame her, when we used them before x-mas the function sucked pretty bad. Horrible issues trying skip around in the list.. But yeah we are trying to ease into using them. Scan with PDA's in the morning and swapping over to them My Device in the afternoon. So we at least get used to working with one.. But our team still gives them a big "Thumbs down!"
Why do they suck so bad? You know you can scan an aisle to jump quickly to a different spot in the list; right? One thing I like is that the system doesn't care if you go in order of that list or not. Just scan whatever you want and key a quantity and forget the list is even there. Is there something else I'm missing?

Personally I think trying to reuse the "batch/list" system from the PDA was a mistake. Swiping up to browse the list, choosing how many people are working that day, trying to divvy up the store into equal chunks...it's clunky. The researching/scanning itself is fine, but the tracking needs to be completely reworked. But that would involve HQ coming up with a new process.

Personally I think it should be separated by department. When you start your In-Stocks list, instead of giving you aisles, it'll give you "Paper, Center Store/Grocery, Boys, Girls" etc. Then it'll give you a range of aisles to scan. That way you'll be able to see if there's a random paper endcap on the other side of the store that you might miss on Paper day. A team member can then "finish" a department. An alert then goes to the LOD telling them they finished that area and can generate a random audit list, to ensure they did a thorough job.

RIGS continue as is. It seems to be working. But leading the team with the current "tasklist" system just doesn't work well.

Why do they suck so bad? You know you can scan an aisle to jump quickly to a different spot in the list; right? One thing I like is that the system doesn't care if you go in order of that list or not. Just scan whatever you want and key a quantity and forget the list is even there. Is there something else I'm missing?

Nope. Ok say your list was A1 - D90. You needed to avoid all of B cause they are still pushing, so you finish A, and skip to C1. You finish C1 and it would take you back to B1, so you skip back to C2 - finish it. Back to B1. Our experience.

Combine that with they don't stay connected to the network, scanner works a 1/4 of the time without taking the thing apart. Some refuse to wake up, and for In-Stocks not having the pull/stow functions until two weeks ago they were just about useless for us. Then add in that none of us like Apple interface, we are just itching to use these things..

I wonder if they fixed that bug where you can only have a quantity of 0-99? When shooting Rigs.

Last edited:
Nope. Ok say your list was A1 - D90. You needed to avoid all of B cause they are still pushing, so you finish A, and skip to C1. You finish C1 and it would take you back to B1, so you skip back to C2 - finish it. Back to B1. Our experience.

Combine that with they don't stay connected to the network, scanner works a 1/4 of the time without taking the thing apart. Some refuse to wake up, and for In-Stocks not having the pull/stow functions until two weeks ago they were just about useless for us. Then add in that none of us like Apple interface, we are just itching to use these things..

I wonder if they fixed that bug where you can only have a quantity of 0-99? When shooting Rigs.
The quantity was fixed image.jpg

Back