MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

The red mydevice never lrts me on! Seriously! I try it over and over and it always says tryagain - wont connect to internet. Isnt there a guide sonewhere? All the old ones (lpdas and pdas) have been taken away.
I am not technically savvy, but maybe I have one of those metabolisms that short circuit digital devices and watches. Someone on pricing told me it happens! Hehehe

The red mydevice never lrts me on! Seriously! I try it over and over and it always says tryagain - wont connect to internet. Isnt there a guide sonewhere? All the old ones (lpdas and pdas) have been taken away.
I am not technically savvy, but maybe I have one of those metabolisms that short circuit digital devices and watches. Someone on pricing told me it happens! Hehehe
Apparently from what I've heard that kind of thing can be fixed by
  • Connect to Target Guest WiFi
  • Reload the profile (someone help me here, I don't remember what the MDM software target uses is called)
  • Connect to tcwireless

Nope. Ok say your list was A1 - D90. You needed to avoid all of B cause they are still pushing, so you finish A, and skip to C1. You finish C1 and it would take you back to B1, so you skip back to C2 - finish it. Back to B1. Our experience.

Yea, the pathing system needs to be changed for current practices. 5-10 years ago, it was fine since In-Stocks came in as the truck team was finishing up. Not so much anymore.

Yea, the pathing system needs to be changed for current practices. 5-10 years ago, it was fine since In-Stocks came in as the truck team was finishing up. Not so much anymore.

Our path is fine, they just never bothered to write in the ability to stay after a jump in the list. In the old system they wrote it in. That Jump feature is needed not only for us, but price change. Or you have really just made our lives really difficult, frustrated and less productive.

So have a few bugs to put out since our recent update. The myWork app crashes, a lot. It never crashed on me since we first got them, but now it crashes out. Second, please for the love of ALL that is, can someone fix the scanning sled issue that was supposed to be fixed in the last update. Had several today that refused to scan, taking them apart, shutting down, force closing apps, nothing worked. What if I had a guest waiting, that doesn't seem professional or even productive. That's it... for now.... @UIguy

Alright, so the logging you off problem has been fixed a while back and its great. But has anybody doing research (and maybe price I guess?) noticed how if you're inactive a little while, the MyDevice kicks you out of it back to the normal mode? Then when you return to Research mode the system still things *somebody* is on the task you were on and puts you on the next one down?

I will also add on for any TLs & LODs that SDA & PCV are coming to the myDevice with the next update in March. Also Z-date and aisle number printing will be included as well and other enhancements to existing features.

Alright, so the logging you off problem has been fixed a while back and its great. But has anybody doing research (and maybe price I guess?) noticed how if you're inactive a little while, the MyDevice kicks you out of it back to the normal mode? Then when you return to Research mode the system still things *somebody* is on the task you were on and puts you on the next one down?
Ours do that even if you yourself switches back to 'None' mode. It shouldnt do that once you switch back out of that mode. I dont like it.

Nope. Ok say your list was A1 - D90. You needed to avoid all of B cause they are still pushing, so you finish A, and skip to C1. You finish C1 and it would take you back to B1, so you skip back to C2 - finish it. Back to B1. Our experience.

Combine that with they don't stay connected to the network, scanner works a 1/4 of the time without taking the thing apart. Some refuse to wake up, and for In-Stocks not having the pull/stow functions until two weeks ago they were just about useless for us. Then add in that none of us like Apple interface, we are just itching to use these things..

I wonder if they fixed that bug where you can only have a quantity of 0-99? When shooting Rigs.
Ok... I get the network irritations. Lots of people are working on that... but the fact is that we're kinda using what was designed to be a kid's music player (who likely sits in one spot for long periods of time) as an industrial workhorse. It'll get better as we continue to identify bugs and issues with a "consumer" device. Just my opinion. But it's good to hear we're still focused on the right stuff.

As for the pathing, that definitely doesn't sound right. In your example, you should be brought to the closest aisle - whatever that is; not B1. I'll look into that more.

So have a few bugs to put out since our recent update. The myWork app crashes, a lot. It never crashed on me since we first got them, but now it crashes out. Second, please for the love of ALL that is, can someone fix the scanning sled issue that was supposed to be fixed in the last update. Had several today that refused to scan, taking them apart, shutting down, force closing apps, nothing worked. What if I had a guest waiting, that doesn't seem professional or even productive. That's it... for now.... @UIguy
To be honest, I'm not as aquatinted with the "scanning issue" but I heard it was supposed to be fixed (or at least improved) in an upcoming update. I'll investigate.

I am just hoping the issues with price change get fixed soon .. we get countless error messages (print error, the fault of the creator did not specify a reason) that wont go away until we restart the ipod, which we have to do between 10-15 times a day. the scanner stops working constantly, the app will restart every 30 minutes or so, 90% of the time the salvage option doesnt work so we cant salvage things out unless we go find a PDA, and what really sucks is the ipods usually die within 3-4 hours into the shift so we have to switch out ipods every single day and most of the time there are none left so we have to track them down. these little annoyances just make our day go by so much slower

saw
Ok... I get the network irritations. Lots of people are working on that... but the fact is that we're kinda using what was designed to be a kid's music player (who likely sits in one spot for long periods of time) as an industrial workhorse. It'll get better as we continue to identify bugs and issues with a "consumer" device. Just my opinion. But it's good to hear we're still focused on the right stuff.

As for the pathing, that definitely doesn't sound right. In your example, you should be brought to the closest aisle - whatever that is; not B1. I'll look into that more.

I understand they stuck us all with a crap device. They just seem penny wise but really pound foolish. We all know its not you guys who have to write the code to make it work. Believe me I have more faith when you say you will look into an issue more than some of my ETLs saying they will pass issues up the chain. I know they go into a black hole of nothing.

The scanner *does* work more reliably now and the logging out seems to have been fixed. Thank you a ton for those updates.

On a side note, I noticed the scanner going in and out depends on the device. I have one that almost never goes out, so I tend to pick up that one. Then there are others that have a tendency to stop working every 5 minutes or so. So...maybe this is a hardware issue? Not a software?

Stowing/Take/Toss work great though. Awesome job with those. I can't wait for the SDA and Price Audit to be implemented. What I'd like to see is more backroom functionality. I'd like to be able to scan a location and see everything in that location so that I can audit it, or be able to load up empty loc audits or Ghosts/Baffle audits on the fly.

The scanner *does* work more reliably now and the logging out seems to have been fixed. Thank you a ton for those updates.

On a side note, I noticed the scanner going in and out depends on the device. I have one that almost never goes out, so I tend to pick up that one. Then there are others that have a tendency to stop working every 5 minutes or so. So...maybe this is a hardware issue? Not a software?

Stowing/Take/Toss work great though. Awesome job with those. I can't wait for the SDA and Price Audit to be implemented. What I'd like to see is more backroom functionality. I'd like to be able to scan a location and see everything in that location so that I can audit it, or be able to load up empty loc audits or Ghosts/Baffle audits on the fly.

My one problem with "Toss" is that you have to hit the toss button after scanning even if it is just 1 item, I know it is a small problem, but when you are looking at CARTs of QMOS and have man hands, u have to touch that button with the grace of a Ballerina.

My one problem with "Toss" is that you have to hit the toss button after scanning even if it is just 1 item, I know it is a small problem, but when you are looking at CARTs of QMOS and have man hands, u have to touch that button with the grace of a Ballerina.

I thought that was going to bother me, but I've done a full QMOS bin and it hasn't bugged me too much. Maybe I just got the muscle memory down quickly

Thanks for the note about STOW & TAKE. We spend so much time focusing on the rough stuff, it's nice to hear a good thing every now and then :)

As for backroom stuff... right now the "powers that be" want the PDAs to remain in the stockroom and the iPods to stay on the salesfloor. So; additional backroom funtionality isn't likely till that changes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the note about STOW & TAKE. We spend so much time focusing on the rough stuff, it's nice to hear a good thing every now and then :)

As for backroom stuff... right now the "powers that be" want the PDAs to remain in the stockroom and the iPods to stay on the salesfloor. So; additional backroom funtionality isn't likely till that changes.
I know it may be beyond your control, but what about TMs that need to pull batches and there are no PDAs once they take them all except for what they are leaving for the BR? Steal one? Hide one? Have to share one...? Ha! They probably won't leave stores with barely any PDAs, they love to leave stores high & dry without enough equipment to go around. Also something else I came across was while STOWing was that sometimes the app won't recognize I scanned the Backroom location barcode, which then I have to force close the app and re-open. It's not all the time, but occasional.

How about your local friendly perishables assistant who just wants to batch a fill from backroom and pull it herself? Double carrying is getting old. I'm using a mydevice to further the cause, but if I can't pull batches I need a pda as well. Not only do I pull my own batches but I help with cafs.

Also not sure if toss is creating a pull to replenish or not. Haven't had time to test it out. But I need to be able to let it know where I am qmos from so it can pull to replenish or not.

Scanner randomly stops working on my good device. App also randomly just closes. Search yields error until you restart app or device.

The refurb they sent to replace the other one rarely works and was disgustingly dirty. Crusted grime on the screen, case, etc. Pdas had screen protectors, any chance we can get them for these? Once the old man starts banging the screen with a pen it's over.

Also not sure if toss is creating a pull to replenish or not. Haven't had time to test it out. But I need to be able to let it know where I am qmos from so it can pull to replenish or not.

Scanner randomly stops working on my good device. App also randomly just closes. Search yields error until you restart app or device.
The scanner issue is supposed to be fixed in version 22.38.

Toss now always takes from the salesfloor, so then it automatically pulls from the stockroom.

Toss now always takes from the salesfloor, so then it automatically pulls from the stockroom.

I've been on .22.38 for a week and a half. Scanner issue did not get resolved.

Similar to ordering produce, we designed it so that if you scan a QMOS-eligible item after you toss something, it should bring you directly into the "Toss" screens and it defaults to 1; so, you just have to hit "toss". Today, on the PDAs I thought you have to key a quantity for each item, so it seemed like a wash from an efficiency standpoint.

No; you can't... and sadly it's still not planned to be developed anytime soon.

That is disheartening. Maybe I've just had better experience than others in this thread but minus a "System is Down" message last night any issues I've had are easily fixed by the old "Turn the app/device off and back on again". I'd love to use myDevice full time but at my store I usually have to pull my own POG batches.

I think my biggest problem with the MyDevice is that I'm not really all that smart phone savvy and I own an android and not an apple (and I only recently got the android). I had to have another TM show me how to close the programs running in the background. I do have problems with the scanner suddenly not working and sometimes closing the program and reopening it helps. Sometimes it doesn't. Then there's the issue of the wifi connection. With the PDA there was no visible way to goof up the connection. With the MyDevice you have the settings screen where it connects to the wifi that can be changed. Problem is that when it gets put on the wrong setting I don't know how to fix it. Some of our MyDevices read the store wifi just fine and others don't. I suspect the latter has something to do with the wrong settings?

Back