MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Wait a minute...what? You can print 3x5 signs with a portable printer? What does the roll of paper look like? I'm pretty sure no one at my store knows this.
The signs he's talking about are the plain white 3x5 info signs they use on the camera boat and in furniture. It's just a 3in wide white spool, kind of like receipt tape, just glossy.

You can if the item has a backroom location, but that's not best practice to use it to psych out sales accumulator. The better way would be to use the fill from stockroom feature and do a "fill" for all the locations. If you enter the capacity or greater for each location it will decrease the sales accumulator to 0 and not put a pull in.
As a preview we are working on some new replenishment changes that should help alleviate some of the floor replenishment issues, such as being able to edit capacities for locations. Also the way I suggested above as a best practice does require the item to be in the backroom which I realize could be troublesome in a few scenarios, we are also looking at ways to address this in our changes.

And just so we better understand the issue, is it that you are calling a store on behalf of a guest who wants an item your store doesn't have in stock and you are wanting the store to set it aside for the guest? And since the TM you called doesn't have a device you want to be able to assist them in quickly finding the item without them having to get a device?
As for the backroom, I'd imagine the use case would be being able to tell the other TM that they have some in the backroom so the TM could grab a device, find it back there and then TAKE it from the back? Backroom location wouldn't be all that helpful, right?

It'll be called "on the way" on MyDevice, so it'll appear in that same section, just now with the date included with the quantity!

Question: Does the "on the way" date mean the day it will ship or the day it is expected to arrive at the store?

Question about researching on the mydevices. Few days ago, I was scanning a few items under research that had backroom locations. Usually I'll get a number on the top left corner that tells me how many items or whatever is in my batch, but now I don't see a batch being created at all. Did I do something wrong?

Question about researching on the mydevices. Few days ago, I was scanning a few items under research that had backroom locations. Usually I'll get a number on the top left corner that tells me how many items or whatever is in my batch, but now I don't see a batch being created at all. Did I do something wrong?
A batch will only be created under RSCH if you scan off from the task list. Example, the bottom bar wants you to scan on A2, but you are Stand Alone RSCH in block N. Anything that has a BR LOC in block N will drop a batch that you can see up in the top left corner that you close out.

Today I learned: If you tap the header just below the clock, it turns on the scanner.
8a34b61f8c.png

I, as I'm sure most of us do, have a love hate relationship going on with the my device. The other day I have a couple boxes of shoes I'm balancing on my left arm, while trying to shoot a shelf with my other hand. In a matter of seconds instead of scanning I took a picture of the shelf, then somehow turned the camera around and took a picture of myself! Tried to delete photos but don't know where the hell they went. If this truly was "my device" I'd get myself something that worked faster and was more reliable. I did laugh out loud thou, but swore in my head.

If you're scanning things that are in the task list, it'll create and drop batches "behind the scenes" as part of the normal instocks system. You don't get to see your batches unless you're doing standalone or creating item batches.

Also my store just named several new digital advisors and I'm kind of doubting their actual experience with these things; none of them them instocks, who've been dealing with the iPods for a good while now; instead there's a backroom (never uses them) and POG (uses them only if you pry the PDA from their cold dead hands) TM on there! Maybe I should ask one of them to look into the iPod with the wonky list and see what happens :)

Some days the iPods have a really noticeable lag, some days it isn't too bad. Then again I haven't used a PDA to research in months so I don't remember what it was like on them. Getting thrown around the task list like that usually happens (far as I've noticed) when either you've scanned and changed counts on something in an aisle other than the one it's telling you to scan or you've scanned something in that aisle with multiple locations but somehow entered a count for a location not in that aisle (pretty much the same as the first I guess). It might also freak out a little when the list tells you to scan just certain sections of an aisle but you scan outside that. Not sure since I haven't tried that lately.

Also I don't know if this is just our store or what, but we're having some issues with revisions and RIGs not playing nicely. When a label strip in a section needs to be updated, our POG team used to also replace the rest of the strips in that section; now they're being told not to do that, just change the one they need to. Problem being, for some reason our task list won't recognize it when you scan a label that's been updated in the system but not on the shelf. And we're talking negligible updates here; a location changing from 1-2-3.90 to 1-2-3.99 or whatever. You can still update the count just fine but the RIG won't clear and you'd have to skip it or whatever. Unless you scan the item itself, then things work fine which we do half the time in the first place anyways.

The question I'm having now, is that something that's new to the iPods, or did the PDAs have this issue too and I never noticed it?

Try scanning just the product, or as desperate key the dcpi through search that should clear it.

I, as I'm sure most of us do, have a love hate relationship going on with the my device. The other day I have a couple boxes of shoes I'm balancing on my left arm, while trying to shoot a shelf with my other hand. In a matter of seconds instead of scanning I took a picture of the shelf, then somehow turned the camera around and took a picture of myself! Tried to delete photos but don't know where the hell they went. If this truly was "my device" I'd get myself something that worked faster and was more reliable. I did laugh out loud thou, but swore in my head.

Seems to me like you took a shelfie.

It should show up for items that are on a small label type planogram, so yes typically cosmetics. Are there items that should have this option that don't have this option? Or are you suggesting you want it for all items and if so under what situations would you use it? (sorry print isn't my wheelhouse, so I'm not super familiar with everything that goes into it)
Yes for all items. For instance this is the screen we see on the PDA or options we see to change the size of the label. And we can check mark or uncheck what we want on the label. This would be a great feature to put on the iPods. This is what we are talking about when we want to change size of labels. image.jpg

Last edited:
You can also use the camera with the MyWork app and scan barcodes that way. It helps to spare me from embarrassment if I am with a guest and the buttons on the side stop activating the scanner.

I managed to activate the camera function in MyWork one day and I have no idea how I did it. Please do tell.

I managed to activate the camera function in MyWork one day and I have no idea how I did it. Please do tell.
The sled has to be disconnected from the iPod though or you will just activate the scanner. But I just had to tap the red bar once. I know the last few times I have done it the app crashes.

Question: Does the "on the way" date mean the day it will ship or the day it is expected to arrive at the store?
Arrive

Yes for all items. For instance this is the screen we see on the PDA or options we see to change the size of the label. And we can check mark or uncheck what we want on the label. This would be a great feature to put on the iPods. This is what we are talking about when we want to change size of labels.
Thanks I'll pass this on to my print co-worker!

Back