MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

attachment.php

@OtherGuy @UIguy
Currently in price change mode you can only sort Today/Overdue and it makes it sort of difficult to know what to expect in softlines when you are trying to work ahead. Do you know If they are adding the option to sort Tomorrow's work into First/Further/Final/Labels

Anybody play with the repackage feature today? Dying to know if it works how the SIM app did or not...
Ours didn't update yet as far as I know. we need it, desperately though. Hope they kept pricing in mind and it works seamlessly with other functions.
Just so people don't get confused only about 10% of stores have this version yet, the rest will be getting it later this month.

@OtherGuy @UIguy
Currently in price change mode you can only sort Today/Overdue and it makes it sort of difficult to know what to expect in softlines when you are trying to work ahead. Do you know If they are adding the option to sort Tomorrow's work into First/Further/Final/Labels

Not the version coming out this month, but the version after that.

i love the chaos these things have introduced.

people calling on the radio every 5 minutes for one of the few real pdas left to do something that these pieces of shit can't, or they just don't know how to do because there was no training.

Last edited:
I dunno if it was just my store, but MyDevices were slow as shit today connection wise. Scanning items alone took 10+ seconds, and good luck doing any kind of search.

*grumble*

On the plus side, the scanner didn't give out once today.

My scanner has been lately. Though today I noticed that the physical buttons on the side didn't activate the scanner, but when I touched the red bar the scanner activated... I was a little confused on that one.

i love the chaos these things have introduced.

people calling on the radio every 5 minutes for one of the few real pdas left to do something that these pieces of shit can't, or they just don't know how to do because there was no training.

Or some My devices can do but others can't since updates are not done to all of them just what devices are in the lockup when they decide to update them.. :mad: Or you find out it needed updating last week cause you keep getting the message "Update required".

Or some My devices can do but others can't since updates are not done to all of them just what devices are in the lockup when they decide to update them.. :mad: Or you find out it needed updating last week cause you keep getting the message "Update required".
That's where your DAs come in to play. Supposed to anyway.

One of the few things my lod/etl at close gets right is locking them down so they get updated in the morning.

One of the few things my lod/etl at close gets right is locking them down so they get updated in the morning.
Overnight store, we have people start at 4am for dayside. The two DAs I know of, one a GSA, other a sales floor TM. They both start long after most of us.

I was lucky today. @OtherGuy, I like the ding when the scanner is connected. Now I know when I can scan.
I'm glad you like it! That was surprisingly way harder to add than it should have been.

There's a ding!?

Waaaaaaaaant
Coming later this month, mrknownothing is in a pilot store

wait for the toddler toy noise
lol... well you should have heard the default sled sound before we changed it, it sounded like a bad Atari game that each time it played it further pierced your soul.

I'm glad you like it! That was surprisingly way harder to add than it should have been.

Coming later this month, mrknownothing is in a pilot store

lol... well you should have heard the default sled sound before we changed it, it sounded like a bad Atari game that each time it played it further pierced your soul.
I like the noise. It reminds me of the read along records I had when I was a kid. And it's so useful. Only problem is if you hit buttons before the sound it seems to get confused and not scan.

Only problem is if you hit buttons before the sound it seems to get confused and not scan.

Like it will never scan? And what do you do to fix it?

There shouldn't be any issue with pressing the buttons before the sound (just obviously it won't scan until the sound), as I have tested numerous times hammering the button as quickly as possible before the sound/scanner to get the timing down right and have never had an issue. So I don't think that's what is causing your issue.

I would just be happy if MyWork would stop booting me to the home screen every 60 minutes while I am in Price change mode.

QUESTION: @OtherGuy when in pricing mode and you are under auto print and you hit activate, it automatically print a ticket.. Does this count as finding one item or not? I find myself turning auto print off and hitting activate, 0, every single time so I don't mess up the counts on final markdowns and such.. and this is really tedious. what used to take a minute now takes 5.

Also, I'll hit activate and the same item pops up on my screen and I'll have to hit activate once, maybe twice more for it to actually register.

Like it will never scan? And what do you do to fix it?

There shouldn't be any issue with pressing the buttons before the sound (just obviously it won't scan until the sound), as I have tested numerous times hammering the button as quickly as possible before the sound/scanner to get the timing down right and have never had an issue. So I don't think that's what is causing your issue.
Double tap, swipe to close and reopen the app works just fine. But every time I open it and try to scan before the sound it just won't. I can often get the camera scan to work, but the app won't let me click anywhere after the info for the item comes up. I just wait for the sound, wait for "please wait" then scan. Works every time-so long as the network isn't down or something.

Still bummed about the bcode not printing the date/price even if you select that option. Any idea when thats gonna get tinkered with? Its killing me to be so close and yet not quite there in ditching my need for a PDA (and the fight to get my hands on one).

Back