MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

This will be fixed once we get rid of SA later this year, but yes that's frustrating...
The sales accumulator is going away? How will replenishment change because of this?

Also, I know it's been mentioned earlier but when you switch to the details screen for an item, it would be super helpful if you could click on the POG for the item and go to that screen like if you scanned the label or typed in the number. At the very least, it would be nice if you could copy and paste it into the search bar. My pog team isn't very good at leaving those header labels where I can find them.

Also, it would be handy if you could view store tied items for an aisle (or is there a report for this?) I originally tied a bunch of stuff to an aisle in mini seasonal and now that it's about to revise, I need to make sure it gets untied this week.

And since I touched on mode before, it would be cool if there was an 'end cap mode' where it store tied, batched labels and batched signs for an item in one step. I know this one is almost asking too much but I think it would be cool and totally helpful to me :3

Also, it would be handy if you could view store tied items for an aisle (or is there a report for this?) I originally tied a bunch of stuff to an aisle in mini seasonal and now that it's about to revise, I need to make sure it gets untied this week.

Check the yourself. I know my store has a great habit of tying stuff(flex and real POGs) and the people who tear it down NEVER break the ties. Which is a bitch come CAF time..

@OtherGuy I'm not sure if this has been brought up before (now that the thread has hit triple digits) but one suggestion, when I put a batch in, I'd love if it either let me make the batch name like the old system, or if it named it according to the aisle I'm trying to fill.

Here is my example, our light bulb end is always light because we fill the home, I scan and want to pull out 3 DPCIs for the end. I enter the quantity needed on the end cap location. I close the batch, my BR team pulls. I have a TM push, since it's just ITM-HRDWR, they go to the home first.

It'd just be nice if the batch labeled itself for where the items are pulled for.

Thanks!

The sales accumulator is going away? How will replenishment change because of this?

Also, I know it's been mentioned earlier but when you switch to the details screen for an item, it would be super helpful if you could click on the POG for the item and go to that screen like if you scanned the label or typed in the number. At the very least, it would be nice if you could copy and paste it into the search bar. My pog team isn't very good at leaving those header labels where I can find them.

And since I touched on mode before, it would be cool if there was an 'end cap mode' where it store tied, batched labels and batched signs for an item in one step. I know this one is almost asking too much but I think it would be cool and totally helpful to me :3

In your search bar, input an aisle number, and any pogs tied to that aisle will show, endcaps, sidecaps, and any inline pog will be listed.

@OtherGuy I'm not sure if this has been brought up before (now that the thread has hit triple digits) but one suggestion, when I put a batch in, I'd love if it either let me make the batch name like the old system, or if it named it according to the aisle I'm trying to fill.

Here is my example, our light bulb end is always light because we fill the home, I scan and want to pull out 3 DPCIs for the end. I enter the quantity needed on the end cap location. I close the batch, my BR team pulls. I have a TM push, since it's just ITM-HRDWR, they go to the home first.

It'd just be nice if the batch labeled itself for where the items are pulled for.

Thanks!

The better question is why is the TM not checking for dual locations? I have had to take a TM to the backroom, have them take their backstock back to the floor to fill a sidecap.

The better question is why is the TM not checking for dual locations? I have had to take a TM to the backroom, have them take their backstock back to the floor to fill a sidecap.

Lazy and they don't care and crap training and not bothering to use the equipment on their hip. The other day I had a casepack of dish wands backstocked three times. They were for the end cap. They only went out when I pulled the home empty and put them on the end cap then that case didn't come back. I went on the warpath.. Coaching coaching and more coaching.. Cause we knew exactly who wasn't doing there job.

It doesn't help when we have an ETL SF who tells them its ok to push by sight, cause its faster and it will cycle through the CAFs faster. My ETL OPs was not happy when he heard that BS.

What is screwed up today. @pptl28yrs I am off today. It will help me to know the crisis I am walking into with a huge visit tomorrow.
They are all down seems to be the same issue as the last few times. Log on issue. I called the HELPLESS DESK and it is global and they are working on it. Sending my pc team home if they aren't up soon. Day lost. All work late. Not happy!!!!!

catch up on the zone, reshop, pushing pfresh truck, push backstock to the shelves from all the backstock metros in the freezer. please do NOT send anyone home early !!!!

is there any way to make the scanner beam brighter? I'd like to shine it in kids' eyes from a safe distance who are wrecking my departments.
I think the damn thing is bright enough for that, lol. I can shine it up from the CLs all the way back to our back wall freezers and its bouncing and beaming off the glass doors.

catch up on the zone, reshop, pushing pfresh truck, push backstock to the shelves from all the backstock metros in the freezer. please do NOT send anyone home early !!!!

Sorry but my job is %100 dependent on equipment. And having me stay means I have to cut later when we are really behind.. Tomorrow we will try this again.

If your TMs agree to coming in at a different time when they can be more productive by all means send them home, and then they can catch up later. If those hours are just going to be "lost" then use them to help other Depts.

I was not at work today (thankfully) but my fellow price change friend informed me the devices were down again. Good news is we have enough PDAs still to track some down and complete the work, but whats going to happen when the pricing function is gone out of the PDA? If this is going to continue to happen every other day that means pricing will almost never get the work done. I was perfectly happy with the PDAs before the mydevices were brought into the picture. Sure there are things i love about the mydevice that the PDA cant do, but what I can say is that the PDA was reliable . .. it hardly ever went down AND i could get through a whole shift with one battery!

For item fills, couldn't you just delete the batch instead of dropping it, then request a different number of eaches? You're right - if the capacity and/or accumulator are off, there are bigger problems, but it would be a quick fix for the item(s) in question.
At that point you are just kicking the problem down the road as those "extra" items will be pulled in an auto CAF batch later. So you are going to have to address the issue sooner or later.

It will be a lot more transparent, predictable, and fixable without using odd work a rounds to exploit the system (I'm looking at you SUBT999). You'll be able to see the on floor qty for an item and you will be able to change the capacity for any location. The system will then calculate the pull qty for an item off Sales Floor Capacity - On Floor Qty. I'm actually really excited about it! :)

I'll throw tapping POGs on the details page on the backlog.

Just key in the the aisle, you will see all the store tied items

Cool, no promises on that one, but we'll take it into consideration.

Thanks!

Hmmm, this is a hard one due to the limited number of characters we are working with (10 characters). First off I'm going to admit I'm naive to this, but how does the other TM know what the batches name was? Does the BR team member who pulled and closed the batch tell them?

So here is the naming structure: ALL-TOY2-1
  1. First 3 characters are the type of pull all, discontinued, seasonal, or ad. The idea here was to help know the priority and what kind of items are coming out.
  2. The next group of 4 characters part of the name is the fill group which I believe is pretty helpful for BR team members to know where they pull from.
  3. The last digit is just a unique ID so we don't have batches named the same. Then of course we have 2 hyphens to separate the 3 parts and that makes 10 digits
Do you or anyone else have a 10 character naming suggestion that would be better than the above?

Can we please fix the my device. I can't handle one more day of this crap.
*Fix Ping, which is actually worse as that brings down more than just myDevice. But yes we are working on it, we actually have engineers from Ping on site now and we are working on some other alternatives.

I freaking love that! Now if only the POG names where clickable it would be heaven. I just have to memorize the name if I want to untie or retire somewhere else.
Your wish will be granted in the next release!

It will be a lot more transparent, predictable, and fixable without using odd work a rounds to exploit the system (I'm looking at you SUBT999). You'll be able to see the on floor qty for an item and you will be able to change the capacity for any location. The system will then calculate the pull qty for an item off Sales Floor Capacity - On Floor Qty. I'm actually really excited about it!
That is all I've wanted for a long time! So often mysupport can't actually fix my capacities or they tell me it'll be adjusted on the next transition only for it to be truly fucked.I could actually have full departments!

Back