MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Is there any new info on the label choosing size/style that I took a picture and showed you earlier in the thread, @OtherGuy ? Also I noticed when doing the end cap audit some items I scan to add to a multi 7x11 won't add to the sign. And yes they are on sale and no the sign isn't full yet. No matter how many times I scan it or key it. Any ideas?
Ck under other options it might be there.

this^^

I really want a way to remove signs/labels/items from their respective batches. Also, it would be great if you could adjust the quantities of items in a batch like you can in label and sign batches.
Also, a label/sign mode would be nice. I often need to shoot a bunch of labels and signs so it would save a bunch of time if it stayed in that mode like with BCODE. Bonus points if your able to shoot labels (say with a portable printer) and if it's on sale, it drops the 3x3 into a batch automatically or at least prompts (popup?) you to add it to a batch.

While we're on the topic of modes, it would be nice if I was store tying things, it remembered the aisle and section when tying multiple things.

Custom 'task lists' would be nice. Basically, if I have a mini-seasonal full of second locations, it would be great if the device could make a list of all the other locations. As an example, while using the PDA you can use the application 'Sort Stuff' and can everything in mini-seasonal (right now, it's a bunch of sporting goods type stuff). Then I can go into the 'Put away' app and work the cart pertaining to the home locations. Kind of convoluted, I know, but it would be a huge time saver.

I know this isn't your department but I feel like I could save a lot of paper if the new 3x3" signs came on a roll so I could use them on a portable printer.

I know mobile mySupport is in the works but I can't wait to be able to change capacities on the fly.

Sorry, I know it's a lot of ideas but thanks for listening!

Hey everyone, we've got a great next release in the works for you all, but I'm curious if there are any other big features/improvements you all are itching for. Scanner/battery/wi-fi/login are obviously some of our biggest targets and we've already put a large amounts of fixes in for price change and we are revamping PTM, but outside of that is there anything that would really help us through peak season?

Does that remembering include new POGs or just revision POGs? Though I think it would probably make sense to work for both, in the next version we will have for the revision POGs automatically tie to the same aisle, section and lead in as the parent POG.

As for printing the POG label, well it's not in an intuitive spot, it's under "see promo signs"

Coming in next version (see above)

For the pre-ties those were fixed back in v25, I know before the fix all preties would show up as standard if you checked Online Planogram and then we fixed it. Is anyone else having this issue?

Everything that @LogisticsFox said.

For some reason if I make try to print a label using the myDevice it doesn't have a location. Why is this?

pull batches is all i want other than that

A "mode" when making labels and batches. Too many steps as it is now.

An option for qmosing of salesfloor or backroom

When ordering, the PDA's have you put in the amount you think you'll be Qmosing (perishables) and list how much you qmosed last week. This amount you put in then adds to the quantity forcasted. This helps with guardrails, but more so for rookies ordering. They typically have no idea that your going to throw out 7 cases of strawberries, so they don't order enough.

Thanks for asking us what we need. You all are more supportive than any of my management team.

For some reason if I make try to print a label using the myDevice it doesn't have a location. Why is this?

I think this is because the myDevice is defaulting to a generic label. If you go into 'more options' you should be able to select a label with a schematic number.

@OtherGuy, what I talked about before: in Research mode, when you scan a label, if that item came in on that day's truck or was in a pulled or unpulled autofill batch, a message would come up and tell you it came in on the truck, or what time it was pulled in the autofill batch or if it was still waiting to be pulled. The myDevice would not allow you to enter a quantity and you would hit a button to clear the screen and go on to the next item. I know you said there is already a filter in place to prevent changing quantities but this would save us the keystrokes of putting in the number. Also, letting us know if it was part of an Autofill batch would help Instocks know if pulls were being burned.

When ordering, the PDA's have you put in the amount you think you'll be Qmosing (perishables) and list how much you qmosed last week. This amount you put in then adds to the quantity forcasted.

+1

The myDevice currently shows what was ordered last week on the same day. That's helpful, but doesn't really take into consideration the on hand at the time. I'd like to see the last two weeks, like on the order guide. It would give us a better idea of what we have at given times, and allow us to anticipate days we are busy when we don't think we are.

The forecast helps. A lot. It's dead wrong in many cases, though. When you throw in the potential QMOS, it skews things even further. Example: we are getting really low quality clementines.

Onhand: 2
Forecast: 6
6 ordered last Monday.

You would order 5, but because of the quality, you anticipate throwing out 40%, so you would need to order 9-10. If this has been anticipated in the past, it would show on previous orders <_<

@OtherGuy , any plans to make an option to not batch a pog? Specifically would be nice for carry-forward salesplans. For those I have to track down a PDA and tie them the old fashioned way through RF Apps.

I think this is because the myDevice is defaulting to a generic label. If you go into 'more options' you should be able to select a label with a schematic number.

I'd prefer an option to choose schematic, or no schematic, and all labels are done that way until you change it. Sometimes you need a new peg label, others you want to print a grip of labels for a PTM run.

On the label thing, an option to queue a cosmetic label to the label printer would be nice. This has been brought up before. As of now, it defaults to the 3" label. Artwork label holders as well as cosmetics need the smaller labels, and often the pog will print the standard ones. The label function on the PDA allows you to choose a different size.

Last edited:
+1

The myDevice currently shows what was ordered last week on the same day. That's helpful, but doesn't really take into consideration the on hand at the time. I'd like to see the last two weeks, like on the order guide. It would give us a better idea of what we have at given times, and allow us to anticipate days we are busy when we don't think we are.

The forecast helps. A lot. It's dead wrong in many cases, though. When you throw in the potential QMOS, it skews things even further. Example: we are getting really low quality clementines.

Onhand: 2
Forecast: 6
6 ordered last Monday.

You would order 5, but because of the quality, you anticipate throwing out 40%, so you would need to order 9-10. If this has been anticipated in the past, it would show on previous orders <_<
This is why I made a mini-inventory for my team to complete before ordering. It lets them see the actual on-hands, whats on sale and since they (are supposed to) check the quality of full cases they know what might get QMOSed. Only helpful if your store isn't anal about guardrails though, as we are constantly against them even when on hands are accurate.

The salesfloor/backroom QMOS thing I've argued more than once, and @OtherGuy has said it should work properly no matter where it came from. Although I know it doesn't. It still replenishes if the salesfloor is full, you pull a rotten case off the shelf while backstocking the order, then QMOS it. Instead of knowing the salesfloor is full already.

There was something else today I wanted, but now I can't remember what it was....

I agree with the back room problem. Happens to us all the time with juices or bagged veggies that go out of date. QMOS 3 in the backroom, 3 are pulled, even though the floor is full. It simply can't know where you're QMOS'ing from.

I would still like my mini order guide on the screen <_< I try to anticipate sales in the departments, and previous numbers have helped me greatly. An inventory system would be great, but with the chaotic schedule we have, I simply cannot do anything like that. I'm lucky to get orders done most days :-<

I agree with the back room problem. Happens to us all the time with juices or bagged veggies that go out of date. QMOS 3 in the backroom, 3 are pulled, even though the floor is full. It simply can't know where you're QMOS'ing from.

I would still like my mini order guide on the screen <_< I try to anticipate sales in the departments, and previous numbers have helped me greatly. An inventory system would be great, but with the chaotic schedule we have, I simply cannot do anything like that. I'm lucky to get orders done most days :-<
I can inventory and scan in twenty minutes. Presuming the order isn't on pallets so I can see what we got in. Bonus if its backstocked. :)

Only a low volume Pfresh though. You high volume and Supers might take longer.

This is why I made a mini-inventory for my team to complete before ordering. It lets them see the actual on-hands, whats on sale and since they (are supposed to) check the quality of full cases they know what might get QMOSed. Only helpful if your store isn't anal about guardrails though, as we are constantly against them even when on hands are accurate.

The salesfloor/backroom QMOS thing I've argued more than once, and @OtherGuy has said it should work properly no matter where it came from. Although I know it doesn't. It still replenishes if the salesfloor is full, you pull a rotten case off the shelf while backstocking the order, then QMOS it. Instead of knowing the salesfloor is full already.

There was something else today I wanted, but now I can't remember what it was....

If you're subtracting for a guest/ sales floor using the subt app on the PDA or using take on the myDevice, you should be increasing the number on the floor and then QMOSing the "extra" in the floor which shouldn't result in a pull. Is that not how this works?

Back