MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Then those are the EAS tags. They should set off the towers at the front of the store if someone goes to walk out with one.

Screenshots would be very useful for a variety of reasons (filling multiple location items for one) what possible security concerns do they have for blocking such a simple feature? Feel like there's bigger more important problems then that.

I honestly can't think of any situation where I'd need a screenshot on my myDevice. If you're filling multiple locations, utilize the "Recent Items" list. It'll work a lot easier.

On a side note though, I noticed that there wasn't really a reason why the scanner should disengage when switching apps. I've never noticed the scanner battery notification being below 100%...and a lot of the issues I have with the scanner are related to switching between multiple apps. I toggle over to myProgress to check on the backroom batches, and then switching over to mywork...I wait on the scanner. I get an alert on Redwire...I switch back...I wait on the scanner. I'm working on a recall so I'm memorizing a DPCI so I'm switching back and forth...lots of beeps while the scanner connects/disconnects. Why can't it just *ALWAYS* be connected? Why can't it attempt to connect to the scanner upon wake up?

I honestly can't think of any situation where I'd need a screenshot on my myDevice. If you're filling multiple locations, utilize the "Recent Items" list. It'll work a lot easier.

On a side note though, I noticed that there wasn't really a reason why the scanner should disengage when switching apps. I've never noticed the scanner battery notification being below 100%...and a lot of the issues I have with the scanner are related to switching between multiple apps. I toggle over to myProgress to check on the backroom batches, and then switching over to mywork...I wait on the scanner. I get an alert on Redwire...I switch back...I wait on the scanner. I'm working on a recall so I'm memorizing a DPCI so I'm switching back and forth...lots of beeps while the scanner connects/disconnects. Why can't it just *ALWAYS* be connected? Why can't it attempt to connect to the scanner upon wake up?

For documenting bugs where say you go to change a count and the 10-key pad doesn't load.. Its a cute bug shoot a Rig and it doesn't load the keypad. Reboot - nope, hand type the DCPI to bring up the Rig - nope won't work. Skip is only way to bypass it since you can't get the 10-key pad to load.. Documenting software bugs like that.

It does connect to the scanner upon waking up, its just way to damn slow.. These devices(ipods) were never meant for the work we are forced to do with them.

How is the old saying. "Cheap isn't good and Good isn't cheap."

For documenting bugs where say you go to change a count and the 10-key pad doesn't load.. Its a cute bug shoot a Rig and it doesn't load the keypad. Reboot - nope, hand type the DCPI to bring up the Rig - nope won't work. Skip is only way to bypass it since you can't get the 10-key pad to load.. Documenting software bugs like that.

That's a new one to me, have you tried tapping into the field and see if the keyboard pops up?

When using my iPhone, and the low battery message pops up, I frequently relaunch the app I'm using out of habit.

#shittyworkhardwsreproblems

That's a new one to me, have you tried tapping into the field and see if the keyboard pops up?

@OtherGuy no that did not work. It was on just one Rig task why I passed on reporting it. But it was one I would have screen shot for later if it kept happening. But something I will keep an eye out for.

The screen loaded just fine except where the 10 keypad was just white blank. Weird..

If you see this can you validate if you can see inventory when in research mode vs none mode? There used to be an issue between the two where "none" more often got inventory unknown, but that was supposed to be fixed. If they both show it, I'd say it's a backend service issue that's failing out for some reason which shouldn't happen often.

@OtherGuy I had this occur again today. The correct counts do show under research mode.

@OtherGuy I had this occur again today. The correct counts do show under research mode.

Are you in "none" mode when you get inventory unknown, or in some other mode such as price change? Also is the app up to date, as this should of been fixed in v25 and all stores should have at least v28 right now.

Are you in "none" mode when you get inventory unknown, or in some other mode such as price change? Also is the app up to date, as this should of been fixed in v25 and all stores should have at least v28 right now.

"none" mode. The app was up to date. It was only on the device I had, another TMs was working.

I was able to keep busy most the day.. At least until the morning backroom team left and I could snag a PDA :v

I did manage to squeeze the whole beach towel trend run into 8' of mini so I'm happy about that. It's quite funny that it went PTM today when I had been flexing it for weeks now.

@OtherGuy, what happened to the my devices today? Did spot forget to pay the network bills:)
Ping authentication (the sign in page)... again. :(

Also in better news we have made a lot of progress on a scanner fix, we are currently testing one fix in a few stores and so far they are very happy with it! "So we got that goin' for us, which is nice." Not sure on ETA, as the deployment will probably be a little different for this and we are still finalizing it, but just wanted to let everyone know we haven't forgotten about the scanner!

Ping authentication (the sign in page)... again. :(

Also in better news we have made a lot of progress on a scanner fix, we are currently testing one fix in a few stores and so far they are very happy with it! "So we got that goin' for us, which is nice." Not sure on ETA, as the deployment will probably be a little different for this and we are still finalizing it, but just wanted to let everyone know we haven't forgotten about the scanner!
We were figuring it had something to do with the new EHR/workbench update.

For some reason when I insert my iPod upside down in my holster (scanner down) I don't have as many scanner issues as I do when inserting it right side up (scanner up). Like maybe one or twice all day vs every time I try to use the iPod. I though it might be just one but I've gotten a few other iPods and try this and not as many issues either. Just something if you want to try.

We were figuring it had something to do with the new EHR/workbench update.
No this was a separate issue.
For some reason when I insert my iPod upside down in my holster (scanner down) I don't have as many scanner issues as I do when inserting it right side up (scanner up). Like maybe one or twice all day vs every time I try to use the iPod. I though it might be just one but I've gotten a few other iPods and try this and not as many issues either. Just something if you want to try.
That's a pretty odd, the only reason I could think of that working was if it was keeping the button pressed down and not letting the scanner go to sleep. I tried it with our most popular holster style and it didn't seem to have enough pressure to do that. There is a leather (Motorola I believe) one at a few stores which was kind of tighter. Though even if that was the case you'd probably kill your battery pretty quick and probably really wreck the holster by stretching it so much.
Other than that I couldn't think of a reason this would have any effect at all as it isn't a connector issue. It's iOS communicating to the sled to wake up that has been the issue.

Back