MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I love how the mywork app keeps getting 1 star ratings in the app store only for them to be purged every day or two.
Thank god they purge them. I rarely logout of mine since its only for my workcenter and somebody took advantage to write crappy low reviews for every target-only app. :mad:

Every time I get asked about accuracy I show them a printout of the detail report...

Magically the missing "First" markdowns for a department are almost identical to the number of "Rework" tickets for the same department... amazing how those numbers line up so nicely, for something that hasn't been confirmed as an issue after a month of reporting it multiple times.

The tasks not dropping off is getting even worse since they posted the article about "be sure to select NOP and not backroom"... guess what when you make a ticket using auto-print... the task doesn't get removed properly.

I really wish they would roll back the pricing functionality to the pre- 0.28 version.

Every time I get asked about accuracy I show them a printout of the detail report...

Magically the missing "First" markdowns for a department are almost identical to the number of "Rework" tickets for the same department... amazing how those numbers line up so nicely, for something that hasn't been confirmed as an issue after a month of reporting it multiple times.

The tasks not dropping off is getting even worse since they posted the article about "be sure to select NOP and not backroom"... guess what when you make a ticket using auto-print... the task doesn't get removed properly.

I really wish they would roll back the pricing functionality to the pre- 0.28 version.

I stopped using auto print all together. I only use it on the clearance racks, and i avoid using the "how many more tickets?" function. Its not like anyone at my store even gives a shit about pricing, the score can be red, yellow, green they never even look at it. But i care for some reason, and I honestly just miss the PDAs. at least they would last the whole day and you didnt have to worry about the tasks not dropping out ...

Can any one with pricing tell me do further and finals drop out of the task list if you use auto print, is it just not taking out the firsts on auto print? I guess is it okay to use auto print on things like clearance racks where it is just furthers?

Can any one with pricing tell me do further and finals drop out of the task list if you use auto print, is it just not taking out the firsts on auto print? I guess is it okay to use auto print on things like clearance racks where it is just furthers?

I don't remember 100%, but I believe it is happening to all types of tasks.

THIS! All of this! The devices are so unreliable for pricing!

Tasks not dropping in, tasks not dropping out, or "how many more" counting as t-tickets. It's madness!

But, IMO, the worst part is ZERO word from the device team on any of it. Device team, if you're listening, we are being held responsible for poor metrics right now and have no way to speak to it. Besides a shrug and some complaining about equipment.

There was a MySupport knowledge article that was up for a day (hours?) and quickly removed. I feel lucky that I kept a copy, and keep it in my pocket every time I'm asked about accuracy. I could tell them the whole district is yellow/red, but that sounds like an excuse.

Please at least address this issue. Even the old "Teams are aware, and techs are working for a... blah blah blah" but SOMETHING.

You do realize that there have been at least 3 TMs posting in this thread who work on the MyDevices, right?

There's no arguing that this whole thing has been insane, but the fault lies with the HQ executives who pushed for new devices and apps to be built from scratch on a new OS.

The developers have been doing an amazing job of listening to complaints and comments in this thread and then actually implementing changes.

THIS! All of this! The devices are so unreliable for pricing!

Tasks not dropping in, tasks not dropping out, or "how many more" counting as t-tickets. It's madness!

But, IMO, the worst part is ZERO word from the device team on any of it. Device team, if you're listening, we are being held responsible for poor metrics right now and have no way to speak to it. Besides a shrug and some complaining about equipment.

There was a MySupport knowledge article that was up for a day (hours?) and quickly removed. I feel lucky that I kept a copy, and keep it in my pocket every time I'm asked about accuracy. I could tell them the whole district is yellow/red, but that sounds like an excuse.

Please at least address this issue. Even the old "Teams are aware, and techs are working for a... blah blah blah" but SOMETHING.
Lots of fixes for price change in the next release which is scheduled for full chain the first half of August

"Inventory Unknown" was back today.
If you see this can you validate if you can see inventory when in research mode vs none mode? There used to be an issue between the two where "none" more often got inventory unknown, but that was supposed to be fixed. If they both show it, I'd say it's a backend service issue that's failing out for some reason which shouldn't happen often.

Last edited:
A way to check them to be spot iPods? You might missing some devices?
yeah i was wondering if it triggers the alarm, I usually take mine outside on break but didn't today. just curious because it is just a sticker you can pull off. from what I have heard we have had some stolen, that's why I always keep mine in my back pocket

he just came around when I was setting naturals and bleach. Did it with everyone's devices. like a gray target symbol I think. He's been coming around auditing a lot the last couple weeks, and I still think they are losing some devices. I felt obligated to explain right off the bat that I was using my team leads device because mine was given up to hardlines. Everyday we have people asking if a work centre can 'give up' a mydevice. Even price change has to ask the same thing every day, and it will be worse when their PDA no longer works. I shared a mydevice all day today, it gets damn annoying. Oh well, i'll be back in the revolving door tomorrow.

Back