MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I was getting the logout problem today too! Let the iPod idle in my pocket while I help a guest and find out it's kicked me out to the sign in screen. Weird thing is, pretty sure once I put my password in it took me back to where I'd been before, same mode and everything.

I didn't have any authentication issues but I had to scan everything twice to get the sign/label menu to come up..

Today was a baaaad day. You could scan but once the screen went dark and you wanted to scan again, it threw you out and you had to log in again. I think I logged in about 8 times. Annoying

Only 8 times? I had one that was resetting the log in screen as you were typing, or if it let you log in, if you blinked - logged out. Only one of them was doing it though..

@OtherGuy, my store is having issues on my work app. Several devices are having unexpected closures when trying to open the app. Restarting the devices have no effect. Suggestions? Nothing was mentioned on red wire.
My store has had many devices quit the my work app immediately after trying to open it. Restarting did not fix the issue, but reinstalling my work from SAM did.

Only a handful of mydevices were working most would kick you out of mywork when you tried to open it the rest you had to re-log every time you left mywork which includes the screen turning off. I had to go around to many TM talking them up on how to push items by just reading tags and checking UPCs/DCPIs instead of having huddled masses around price checkers trying to get the truck/autofill carts done.

Same issue at my store today, re-installing MyWork from SAM seemed to work (until the scanner stopped working, then you had to restart the my device to repeat the re-install process again!) ugh....

My store has had many devices quit the my work app immediately after trying to open it. Restarting did not fix the issue, but reinstalling my work from SAM did.

I have a feeling the one I had that was having issues, was only the beginning by reading these posts.. Glad I know a fix..

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Apple is going to announce iOS 9 tomorrow and it's rumored that it'll make older devices run faster. Hopefully this means less lag for mydevices.

Now I'm not a developer or anything, so I'm probably totally wrong but I think the lag we experience is caused more by network communication issues rather than device limitations.

Now I'm not a developer or anything, so I'm probably totally wrong but I think the lag we experience is caused more by network communication issues rather than device limitations.
Network's part of it, but I'm talking about system lag. Apps opening and closing, keyboard lag, etc. I have a 5th generation iPod touch at home and I experience these issues.

Like when you tap the search button and it takes a second for the keyboard to pop up, that's system lag.

@OtherGuy, my store is having issues on my work app. Several devices are having unexpected closures when trying to open the app. Restarting the devices have no effect. Suggestions? Nothing was mentioned on red wire.

Today was a baaaad day. You could scan but once the screen went dark and you wanted to scan again, it threw you out and you had to log in again. I think I logged in about 8 times. Annoying

Shockingly enough, it was a global issue. Any word as to whether or not they're working today?

Couldnt even use the mydevice for pricing today because of the issues. Luckily we still have a lot of PDAs but whats going to happen when they remove the pricing app from the PDA? These mydevices are so unreliable. My mydevice made me log in every minute or so, even when the screen didnt go black it would still kick me out anyway, so I resorted to a PDA.

Couldnt even use the mydevice for pricing today because of the issues. Luckily we still have a lot of PDAs but whats going to happen when they remove the pricing app from the PDA? These mydevices are so unreliable. My mydevice made me log in every minute or so, even when the screen didnt go black it would still kick me out anyway, so I resorted to a PDA.
Just go to SAM app & reload my work. It was a global issue.

My store has been using MyDevices so it won't effect us, but hopefully we can get an update to the Price Change app soon.

Tasks not being removed from the task list is really wasting a ton of our time (end of the day workbench shows 30 tasks, task list shows 150). So you waste time looking for those 120 extra items only to find you already ticketed them and then means you have to sit there for 20 minutes and hit "Activate" wait 10 seconds for it to come up, Activate the next item, repeat, due to there being so many extra tasks left over in the gun the "Activate All" option won't even appear. At least with the PDA you can queue up button presses and spam activate (A,enter,A,enter.....) which takes 2 minutes tops.

We know about the supposed fix of making sure to select "NOP" instead of "Backroom" however it looks like when using autoprint to just get a single ticket, since we are not typing a quantity in, it is not removing those singles from the task list (this was not an issue prior to 0.28).

The "Rework" bug when using AutoPrint QTY still hasn't even been acknowledged AFAIK, so stores that are using the updated feature have their Price Change Accuracy scores dropping like crazy.

This is a major frustration at my store as well. Its not just when scanning departments either. On a day where two of us have had to work 40 pages of labels carefully activating them as we work on the aisle instead of all at once we end up having to go back track to several locations to physically scan labels for activation that weren't removed from workload after activation. The response time is maddening because it slows us down...you cant get a good "flow" when scanning multiple items or activating labels. Having to wait for the "confirmation beep" before moving to next item really slows down the whole process. Having to re scan the damn printer every time you walk more than 2 feet away is a time waster as well as the My device scanner deciding to take its time readying after it logs you out of the menu every 5 minutes.. There are several features of the my device I enjoy, the issue I have is that it doesn't make my job any better, I don't feel it allows us to work more efficiently and it hasn't helped to stream line the process (well at least not in PRICE Acccuracy) at all. I hope at some point they hold a charge for more than 3 hours on a heavy day and that the response time becomes more immediate when scanning single items.

And why do items once scanned as clearances automatically become NOP locations on the my device? If I find an item in a location other than its home and scan it, mark it clearance the my device clears item from its home location making it NOP or backroom. That item now appears to be gone from task list even though the item has a quantity and is still in its home location. That could easily be a missed item as a result. Is this an issue for anyone else and if so have you found a solution

This is a major frustration at my store as well. Its not just when scanning departments either. On a day where two of us have had to work 40 pages of labels carefully activating them as we work on the aisle instead of all at once we end up having to go back track to several locations to physically scan labels for activation that weren't removed from workload after activation. The response time is maddening because it slows us down...you cant get a good "flow" when scanning multiple items or activating labels. Having to wait for the "confirmation beep" before moving to next item really slows down the whole process. Having to re scan the damn printer every time you walk more than 2 feet away is a time waster as well as the My device scanner deciding to take its time readying after it logs you out of the menu every 5 minutes.. There are several features of the my device I enjoy, the issue I have is that it doesn't make my job any better, I don't feel it allows us to work more efficiently and it hasn't helped to stream line the process (well at least not in PRICE Acccuracy) at all. I hope at some point they hold a charge for more than 3 hours on a heavy day and that the response time becomes more immediate when scanning single items.

And why do items once scanned as clearances automatically become NOP locations on the my device? If I find an item in a location other than its home and scan it, mark it clearance the my device clears item from its home location making it NOP or backroom. That item now appears to be gone from task list even though the item has a quantity and is still in its home location. That could easily be a missed item as a result. Is this an issue for anyone else and if so have you found a solution

If an item has more than one location, lets say A12, A16 (endcap) and its in the backroom list .. You go to A12 and its a mess, and you keep finding the same item all over the place. the way I see it as it is that the first time you scan the item, it will take it out of A12. If you scan it again, A12 will be gone and it will take it out of A16. third time, it will take it out of backroom. Therefore, NOP will be the last option as it "thinks" you scanned it from the other 3 locations. I dont think there is anyway for the mydevice to "know" which aisle you are working in unlike the PDA because you had to be under a specific aisle/department with that. So it will just continue down the list of locations till they are gone, and just show NOP. after you scan an item though and print a ticket (or hit cancel) it will go to the item page and show you all the locations again so that helps a little.

I agree 1000000% with everything you said. The mydevices are nice for scanning hardlines clearance, but for softlines and labels they are a major pain in the ass. Too many problems with items not clearing themselves out, having to wait for the beep after each label, battery only lasting between 2-3 hours, scanner going out every time the low battery message pops up. I honestly want to get off price change more than ever because I just do not enjoy it anymore because of all the issues.

If an item has more than one location, lets say A12, A16 (endcap) and its in the backroom list .. You go to A12 and its a mess, and you keep finding the same item all over the place. the way I see it as it is that the first time you scan the item, it will take it out of A12. If you scan it again, A12 will be gone and it will take it out of A16. third time, it will take it out of backroom. Therefore, NOP will be the last option as it "thinks" you scanned it from the other 3 locations. I dont think there is anyway for the mydevice to "know" which aisle you are working in unlike the PDA because you had to be under a specific aisle/department with that. So it will just continue down the list of locations till they are gone, and just show NOP. after you scan an item though and print a ticket (or hit cancel) it will go to the item page and show you all the locations again so that helps a little.

Yes, you are right in regards to that scenario, I was thinking more like I find and item in housewares that belongs in toys , but has also been flexed onto a stationery end cap for whatever reason.. In a perfect world items would be flexed onto a related sales planner to drive sales, or as a impulse item near check out. Making it easier to locate said item if and when it drops to clearance workload. As it stands items get flexed with no rhyme or reason without even a generic label.. Zoning is more than pulling items forward. An example are those EOS lip balms...at my store they are EVERYWHERE check lanes, hba, pharmacy and seasonal.. Understandable as they can be considered impulse buys. Only locations that show up are for the check lanes, all others are just flexed to end caps as a related item . Now I know that they are flexed because I cover all areas but another TM may not and that would become missed clearance. We do scroll through the list at the end of the day to audit any items that may have gotten skipped for whatever reason so more often then not we catch it, but not every time.
I have always enjoyed Price Change, but I agree all the issues are causing so much frustration. My ETL is aware of all the issues and knows that our scores have suffered as a result. He even admitted that the my devices have slowed down our output time, but still he expects our workload to be done in the same amount of time. I am of the opinion the person who decided to green light the use of these my devices didn't spend much time on the sales floor. Otherwise the most basic of functions would be more user friendly.

So uh, our MyDevices suddenly have an app called 'JailbreakMini'

Anyone know what it is? I didn't open it, but I'm curious

Just go to SAM app & reload my work. It was a global issue.

A global issue that no one knew about in my store. We had team moron in charge this weekend..

Nothing was posted by spot.

Apparently CSC said it was a global issue when one of my ETLs called it in. I only knew because said ETL told me. Luckily, all the MyDevices had MyWork re-installed by the time I got in yesterday (or today for those of you out west).

So uh, our MyDevices suddenly have an app called 'JailbreakMini'

Anyone know what it is? I didn't open it, but I'm curious

Omg let's jailbreak all the MyDevices and use them as music players!

I've been wondering the same thing.

Back